Would this be a suitable rover for Duna or Eve

Due to my reccent success with my 3 unmanned rovers to my mun and Duna base's I was thinking of sending a buggy/Manned rover to Duna or Eve I have some images of what my rover looks like and it's functions

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The RCS is for getting out of craters or steep hills.

When I deploy the deployable solar panels it is going in to a "sleep" mode.

I also have another question how would I be able to land this, I was thinking the usual skycrane method but I have no idea for a rover of this size, I've only really built smaller rovers.

Thanks

Edited by Hunter54711
Fixed gallery

That's an interesting design, but my guess is that it will tip over easily on Duna. It looks to have a fairly high center of mass and isn't very wide. Duna's gravity is pretty low, so even if it's stable on Kerbin it might not be on Duna. It will probably be better on Eve, though.

You can always use parachutes to land it, you can use some kind of separate modules if you don't want to keep the used parachute parts on the rover itself.

Bear in mind those fixed solar panels are known to cause lag. A few won't hurt, but you have a lot of them on there. Instead, use maybe one or two of those, and replace the rest with the retractable kind. Oh and, "wider is better".

What you've got there sure looks cool though.

Edited by Zephram Kerman

Deployable solar panels will break on Eve even at smallest bumps. And in thick atmosphere they will break at 10m/s anyway. So use Ox-stats or RTGs. Keep in mind that panels give you twice more electricity on Eve than on Kerbin.

Rover looks too flimsy for Eve. At least add some struts between wheels and between wheels and body, or you will lose wheel or two at first bump.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.