[Spoiler] Easter Egg Stocktake 1.1.3 Done

MalfunctionM1Ke

here is the texture for the launch clamp :

http://imgur.com/zAc1gEa

I swear I remember seeing that on the Daily Kerbal once. Or maybe Facebook?

Also, does anyone have a save file with a ship at the magic boulder or just in its orbital plane? I don't mind if it's been updated to a new version, I just need the exact orbital parameters (and corresponding Universe Time) for a video I'm making. I already [thread=133809]posted a thread[/thread] about this, but I figured people viewing this page would be more likely to have what I need. I'll credit whoever helps in the video.

I swear I remember seeing that on the Daily Kerbal once. Or maybe Facebook?

Also, does anyone have a save file with a ship at the magic boulder or just in its orbital plane? I don't mind if it's been updated to a new version, I just need the exact orbital parameters (and corresponding Universe Time) for a video I'm making. I already [thread=133809]posted a thread[/thread] about this, but I figured people viewing this page would be more likely to have what I need. I'll credit whoever helps in the video.

Ask Brotoro, he's the one who did a highly detailed mission to it.

Can't find the darn K2 monolith.

Been looking for at least half an hour in the few kilometers where it should be, based on the screenshots in the OP. Any tips?

It's on the "back" side of K2. Back side meaning the West side. It's on quite a slope, but should be visible on most terrain settings. (I think I took this picture on high terrain detail? Maybe not... there were a couple that I still had to drop down to Low to see them.) See that slightly lighter coloured "flat" patch atop K2 near the top of your photo? Look west-southwest from there. It's really, really hard to spot with the stock ground texture.

20150525_ksp0194_feather03.jpg

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Can't find the darn K2 monolith.

http://i.imgur.com/JRM90vR.png

Been looking for at least half an hour in the few kilometers where it should be, based on the screenshots in the OP. Any tips?

(Also, the old 'Wing still works! :D)

Yeah that one hassled me for quite some time.

It is on an almost vertical slope and very hard to reach on the west side of the mountainrange.

Dont get fooled by the mapview. It might look like it is on top of the mountain but it is not... more like 1/4 down from the top.

The temple in Kerbin seems to have moved. It's about maybe 25-50km to the east. (and I might be wrong here but wasn't that area more desert than mountainous? Or was it always nestled in mountains?)

I think it's the terrain itself that's changed. And it's been like that for several versions now.

--- UPDATED ---

I found the magic boulder, with the help of Brotoro and the people who directed me to him.

Edited by TheMoonRover
Update

• 1 month later...

I'm not totally sure if this counts as an easter egg, but the top of the fairing base says "Payload goes here"

Normally you don't see it as you attach it under the payload, and the message is instantly covered up. Attach it on top of something and you'll see it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

i know this is for 1.0.4 but since i haven't seen a post for 1.0.5, i decided to go ahead and post it here,

out of curiosity i went to the duna sstv location to see if it was touched at all or if one of the devs sneeked in a new image, but alas no sound (though as you can see the poles seem a little pinky)

http://imgur.com/a/88L2b

heres the album, dont know how to make an album on the forums...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Tanner Rawlings']i know this is for 1.0.4 but since i haven't seen a post for 1.0.5, i decided to go ahead and post it here,
out of curiosity i went to the duna sstv location to see if it was touched at all or if one of the devs sneeked in a new image, but alas no sound (though as you can see the poles seem a little pinky)

[URL="http://imgur.com/a/88L2b"]http://imgur.com/a/88L2b[/URL]
heres the album, dont know how to make an album on the forums...[/QUOTE]

You found the right place, Tanner.
The Thread will be updated once 1.1 goes live sometime this year.
Thanks for the Info :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Easter Egg on Laythe!

While Playing around with HyperEdit, I teleported to Laythe and discovered this. The coordinates of the Weird Islands are roughly the same as the KSC Launchpad back on Kerbin. They are perfectly spherical, not visible from the map, not part of Laythe's terrain and you can't land on these islands. Idk what this is if it isn't an Easter Egg.

Edited by destra9

2 hours ago, destra9 said:

While Playing around with HyperEdit, I teleported to Laythe and discovered this. The coordinates of the Weird Islands are roughly the same as the KSC Launchpad back on Kerbin. They are perfectly spherical, not visible from the map, not part of Laythe's terrain and you can't land on these islands. Idk what this is if it isn't an Easter Egg.

Isn't that how one of the resource mods (can't remember which atm) used to display resource availability?

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.