[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

I've yet to play .24, but will I still need this? I like this toolbar because of folders so I can store my MANY buttons, does the new stock launchers have an option like that? Any answer would be greatly appreciated!

I like this toolbar because of folders so I can store my MANY buttons, does the new stock launchers have an option like that?

I don't think the App Launcher has support for folders, but things might have changed at the last minute.

Does working as intended mean it won't support 0.24 or just that the game says it's incompatible which is true right now?

Never mind, just noticed the dev thread.

Edited by AndreyATGB

I'm intensely curious about this, and I really hope you don't take this the wrong way, Blizzy - this isn't intended as a criticism of this mod or your work on it...

... but why is using your toolbar better than the built-in one? (as a mod author or a user)

Blizzy,

I'm not sure why, but for some reason the new version of toolbar is freezing my game up. I can't load a saved game (I can click on the load saved game button multiple times with no effect) and I can't start a new game (I can get through the creation menu but after I click create it will freeze up on the main menu screen).

I've currently disabled the mod by moving it out of the GameData folder but I was wondering if there was something you or anyone else in the community could tell me that would help out.

Blizzy,

I'm not sure why, but for some reason the new version of toolbar is freezing my game up. I can't load a saved game (I can click on the load saved game button multiple times with no effect) and I can't start a new game (I can get through the creation menu but after I click create it will freeze up on the main menu screen).

I've currently disabled the mod by moving it out of the GameData folder but I was wondering if there was something you or anyone else in the community could tell me that would help out.

I'm having the exact same problem. Any ideas?

Because it offers more functionality and is available in all scenes (unlike the standard one).

Going to be a real mess having two toolbars though :(

What would be awesome is if Blizzy can find a way to:

1) Enable the new applauncher in all scenes

2) Make it so that buttons registered on his custom toolbar get "forwarded" into the applauncher (which was made to enable to in all scenes)

2) Make it so that buttons registered on his custom toolbar get "forwarded" into the applauncher (which was made to enable to in all scenes)

Yep.

The 'mess with two toolbars' is exactly my fears. I haven't used the stock one enough to claim that it is 'superior' in any way, but it has the advantage of not requiring yet another (somewhat awkward) UI element.

Hopefully some sort of convergence can be worked out.

Newest toolbar seems to bork loading saved games and creating new ones. Clicking saved games in the main menu does nothing, creating a new game just makes all the buttons grey out and I have to force quit.

... but why is using your toolbar better than the built-in one? (as a mod author or a user)

I'll just mirror what NathanKell said: It offers a lot more flexibility. When I tested the App Launcher during experimentals, it could not do any of these:

- multiple toolbars

- folders

- resizable toolbar

- positionable toolbar

- show/hide buttons according to user preferences

- auto-hide

Also, it's bigger, which may or may not be a good thing.

When I tested, it could only support displaying a fixed number of buttons at the same time. If you added more, it would begin to scroll by using the mouse wheel.

Edit: Not to mention API documentation. I haven't seen any for the App Launcher so far.

I'll look into it. As always, your output_log.txt would be of tremendous help to see if there are any exceptions.

I think that would completely defeat the purpose of my plugin, which is to offer flexibility to the user.

Newest toolbar seems to bork loading saved games and creating new ones. Clicking saved games in the main menu does nothing, creating a new game just makes all the buttons grey out and I have to force quit.

I was able to create a new game just fine. But I'll look into it and see if I can find something.

Edited by blizzy78

I am also having this problem with the new Toolbar version, the only mod I have installed so far that uses Toolbar is CrewManifest

For me this is a problem with Final Frontier. Final Frontier without Toolbar lets me create new games, but FF does not work. Both together, new game does not work. Toolbar without Final Frontier works perfectly fine.

I am also having this problem with the new Toolbar version, the only mod I have installed so far that uses Toolbar is CrewManifest
For me this is a problem with Final Frontier. Final Frontier without Toolbar lets me create new games, but FF does not work. Both together, new game does not work. Toolbar without Final Frontier works perfectly fine.

Thanks, that is very helpful. Now if you could also upload your output_log.txt, that would be great.

Yep.

I really hope modders will stop using this toolbar and opt for an in-game one.

Nothing worse than a stack of dependencies.