[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

[quote name='Jonney5']I tried removing MechJeb2 completely but the issue still is occurring.[/QUOTE]
How do you run so many mods without running out of memory? You said you are in win7, you aren't using 64-bit work-around?
it would help Papa_Joe tremendously if you supplied a log.

I'm running the 32-bit version of KSP on Windows 10. Half-res textures and direct3d11 allow me run so many mods. Actually the game does run out of memory quite a lot but it's not too bad as long as I don't scene change too often.

I would be happy to supply a log file, which one would be helpful?

[quote name='Jonney5']I'm running the 32-bit version of KSP on Windows 10. Half-res textures and direct3d11 allow me run so many mods. Actually the game does run out of memory quite a lot but it's not too bad as long as I don't scene change too often.

I would be happy to supply a log file, which one would be helpful?[/QUOTE]

The detailed output log. Follow this guide.
[url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29[/url]

[quote name='Jonney5']Here is the output log

[URL]https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BF4F37BF46D1A6FF!40735&authkey=!ACtL_Z6NmOfUHmk&ithint=file%2ctxt[/URL][/QUOTE]

There are no errors in your log related to SM. but there are GUI related errors in regard to Alternate Resource Panel. To confirm - this log is from KSP running while you reproduced the error?
Have you tried removing ARP to see if the problem goes away?

[Spoiler=Errormsg]
ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)
[/Spoiler]

[quote name='Jonney5']I did reproduce the error when I captured the log. Removing Alternate Resource Panel didn't make a difference, the problem is still occurring.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the additional info. Still looking.

Also, if you would be so kind, can you provide specific steps to reproduce?

Then I can be sure I'm not doing something different...

Thanks!

I've linked a craft file that will trigger the bug as the rocket is cycled through the stages after launch. One strange thing I just noticed is that the bug is only triggered when the de-coupler and engine share the same stage, If I separate the engines from the de-coupler the Ship Manifest GUI will not disappear.

[URL]https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BF4F37BF46D1A6FF!40874&authkey=!AJ3_1rdXZCTnOkI&ithint=file%2ccraft[/URL]

Strange Error, but may be moot at this point.

After my absence, I came back to SM with a fresh eye, and completely refactored the plugin.  I've reorganized code, moved methods around, eliminated data structures that were redundant, cleaned up the code style and generally made it much easier to manage.

I also added build and deploy automation, so I should have "fewer" deploy errors in the future.  I've also improved version control and display to reduce omissions of needed version changes.

A new release will be soon, but there is one more feature I want to surprise everyone with before then.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to be able to use this mod to put crew into built re-usable craft (e.g. aircraft on the tarmac, Kerbin rovers, etc).  This ability seems to be gone.  Now when I try to add crew to a craft, the add button is disabled with the message "Kerbal is not available.  Current status does not allow any action" - even though the Kerbal is shown as available.  It seems that now I can only move crew around - not add them.

Has this functionality been removed, or am I just doing something incorrectly?

Edited by cpottinger

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2015 at 8:48 AM, cpottinger said:

I used to be able to use this mod to put crew into built re-usable craft (e.g. aircraft on the tarmac, Kerbin rovers, etc).  This ability seems to be gone.  Now when I try to add crew to a craft, the add button is disabled with the message "Kerbal is not available.  Current status does not allow any action" - even though the Kerbal is shown as available.  It seems that now I can only move crew around - not add them.

Has this functionality been removed, or am I just doing something incorrectly?

It would depend on your realism settings.  With realism on, there should be a cost for adding kerbals to your ship, so ,turn off realism and a host of new features will appear.  Also check out the Wiki.  link is in my Sig, and in the OP.

In other news, the surprise feature I've been working on is complete and in final test.   I hope you like it.   Should be released in the next few days.  This was a MAJOR rewrite to the code framework, so I want to test it well.

(so much work for so little visible result :D)

Edited by Papa_Joe

For me tourist contracts don't work with ship manifest: 

Tried with "orbital" or "suborbital" tourists, and the condition never triggered. Saved mid-flight, uninstalled ship manifest, and the contract completed immediately. Also: Final Frontier seems like it doesn't create more ribbons while ship manifest is installed. Both behave pretty much like the crew just isn't there.

Mods that may be related: - Kerbal Construction Time, this has its own dialog to put Kerbals on board at launch. But I doubt it since reloading the game doesn't change it, the persistent file doesn't look any different.

Update for everyone.

I've been hard at work on SM.   After the complete refactoring was realized, I was now in a position to accomplish a feature that has been long asked for and I alluded to in my earlier post.

Multiple xfer/dump operations in Realism Mode.  now you can have more than one xfer and/or dump operation running simultaneously..

This is very sweet.   SM is now a serious contender for fuel depots and space transfer stations.   Got a bunch of docked vessels to fill or off load?  Select the resources to move.  Now just start clicking on vessels and click xfer... Click on the next vessel and click xfer.....

You can also Stop your Dumps and Transfers individually.   Didn't mean to do that transfer and you have 10 others running?   just click stop and that one transfer stops.

Debugging now, but the core is working.  Want to get the interface to behave just right.

Couple of more days I think, but serious progress... this may deserve a main version increment....  (refactor and massive new capability)

Edited by Papa_Joe
spelling

Just an idea for a feature, but what about a 'pull all science' button or something for science container objects (command pods etc)? Kinda like what ForScience can do, to save sorting through the list looking for the experiment parts and then transferring each one to the command pod individually.

On 1/11/2016 at 5:51 AM, Rodger said:

Just an idea for a feature, but what about a 'pull all science' button or something for science container objects (command pods etc)? Kinda like what ForScience can do, to save sorting through the list looking for the experiment parts and then transferring each one to the command pod individually.

Interesting.  That would be possible I think.   Let me ponder the implications of that.

In other news.  I've slogged through several bugs in my transfer process, and it is looking pretty good now.  Still one more bug to track down, but getting close.

Here are the Planned Release notes:

Version 5.0.0.0 - Release xx Jan, 2016 - New Years's Kick off Edition. NEW! Massively upgraded Realism Resource transfers and dumps.
- New:  Added ability queue transfers in realism mode.  you may now start and stop multiple transfers and or dumps simultaneously, 
        with the Vessel, Docked Vessels, individual parts or a selected group of parts.  Fuel Depot anyone?
- New:  Added ability to dump resources in flight in realism mode.  Dump process follows flow rate rules.  Dumps can be stopped.
        per forum discussions, this process is assumed to impart a zero thrust component upon the vessel.
- New:  Massive refactor and reorgainization of code (nothing was left untouched). 
        A tremendous amount of work for very little visible effect except maybe performance :). Sets the foundation for easier to manage/enhance code.
- New:  Added build automation and distribution.
- Fixed:  In realism Mode, during Preflight, Fill and dump kerbals vessel wide was enabled.   Now disabled when Realism is on.
- Fixed:  Corrected nested control displays in settings.
- Fixed:  Corrected Errors with tooltip displays and tooltip settings.  Tooltips would show on certain windows when disabled in settings.
- Fixed:  Corrected staging error where SM cannot be displayed during launch.  

Edited by Papa_Joe

Just an update.  debugging has been taking longer than I expected.   Found some unusual behavior in the vesser transfer section and with the flow buttons in double then single part selection.   (not getting things properly cleaned up when changing the resource selections between single and dual resources it appears)

So as soon as I have those minor behavioral issues fixed, I will release.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I just wanted to post an issue I ran into.

I have a bunch of other mods installed, including Probe SAS Upgrades, TweakableEverything, and Crew Manifest.

In case you don't know, Probe SAS upgrades unlocks the successive SAS levels via tech tree unlock.

However when I added this mod (I wanted to try the science transfer), it unlocked all SAS levels, even though I should not have had them (for all new craft, including unmanned). Removing this mod corrected the issue (except for ships I created while this mod was installed).

This is with KSP 1.0.5, all mods installed via CKAN.

I'm not sure what might be conflicting, but I thought I'd give you a heads up. If you need more information, let me know.

Edited by Phoenix84

Given that I do not examine tech tree levels, I could see where the issue is.   I will investigate, as this is obviously something the realism side of the community would expect.

Won't be in the next release, but I would bet it will be in the one after that.

Also, the idea for Vessel switches for the control window is an excellent idea and I will be incorporating that in the following release as well.

Edit, if you could provide a craft file, that may assist me in determining the root cause, since it appears that the issue is "preserved" in the save.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Papa_Joe,

Not sure if this can be fixed, but .....

I have stage recovery mod installed, and, when im feeling lazy, i let stage rovery "recover" my kerbals from an un-assisted landing (I deorbit the craft then switch to another craft and let stage recovery treat it like a spent stage), this worked fine, Kerbals and science recovered, but since i installed Ship Manifest, Stage recovery states that all kerbals recovered etc etc, but when i go back to KSC it staes that they are all dead, even though Stage Recovery stated that they were fine?

Its annoying because i then have to edit the save.

I know its a lazy way of returning them, but sometimes i cant be bothered with the reentry and chute patience.

It's not really a bug, but is it something you could change??

Many thanks

Oh, another thing,

Ive edited the Cupola to carry 2 kerbals for my lander, but manifest will only put 1 in, it just swaps the kerbal in the cupola with the second kerbal i try to put in to it.

It worked fine with the standard vanilla transfer system.

Cupola config is edited to max crew = 2, min crew = 1

Any help there??

Thanks Again

Edited by TheSarge1975
Forgot, getting old

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2016 at 7:36 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Given that I do not examine tech tree levels, I could see where the issue is.   I will investigate, as this is obviously something the realism side of the community would expect.

Won't be in the next release, but I would bet it will be in the one after that.

Also, the idea for Vessel switches for the control window is an excellent idea and I will be incorporating that in the following release as well.

Edit, if you could provide a craft file, that may assist me in determining the root cause, since it appears that the issue is "preserved" in the save.

I have two:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xovuq808old8ijb/Supply%20Probe.craft?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/co38syd0uxth1hc/Simple%20Rocket.craft?dl=0

I hope it helps. I was able to edit them to reduce the level back down (the above are from before then).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2016 at 11:21 PM, Phoenix84 said:

I have two:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xovuq808old8ijb/Supply%20Probe.craft?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/co38syd0uxth1hc/Simple%20Rocket.craft?dl=0

I hope it helps. I was able to edit them to reduce the level back down (the above are from before then).

Thanks so much for this.   I'll take a look at what may be causing this.

I've been very busy in my personal life, so my apologies for not checking in sooner.  With that said, I've noticed that Kerbalstuff is now officially (unoficially) gone.  I've also noted SpaceDock's rise from the ashes.  

I've included all the mods I support on SpaceDock.  I've also updated the OP of each thread to reflect the new repository location for the download.  Welcome SpaceDock!.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 1/29/2016 at 5:42 AM, TheSarge1975 said:

Papa_Joe,

Not sure if this can be fixed, but .....

I have stage recovery mod installed, and, when im feeling lazy, i let stage rovery "recover" my kerbals from an un-assisted landing (I deorbit the craft then switch to another craft and let stage recovery treat it like a spent stage), this worked fine, Kerbals and science recovered, but since i installed Ship Manifest, Stage recovery states that all kerbals recovered etc etc, but when i go back to KSC it staes that they are all dead, even though Stage Recovery stated that they were fine?

Its annoying because i then have to edit the save.

I know its a lazy way of returning them, but sometimes i cant be bothered with the reentry and chute patience.

It's not really a bug, but is it something you could change??

Many thanks

Oh, another thing,

Ive edited the Cupola to carry 2 kerbals for my lander, but manifest will only put 1 in, it just swaps the kerbal in the cupola with the second kerbal i try to put in to it.

It worked fine with the standard vanilla transfer system.

Cupola config is edited to max crew = 2, min crew = 1

Any help there??

Thanks Again

Hmm... Interesting.    I've not used the mod, but I'll take a look at the source code to see if I can find the conflict and resolve it on my end.   If not, I'll contact the mod author and see if we can collaborate on a fix.

In update news, I'm still having performance issues with my new build.   I'm now comparing my last version to this one to determine if I introduced the issue before or after the refactor...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I've run a comparison between my old version and my new version.   Results:

Simple orbiter tug with cryochamber in 100km orbit:

Old version (4.4.2.0):
- SM closed:  ~52 fps
- SM Manifest window open:  ~48 fps

Dev version (5.0.0.0)
- SM closed:  ~52 fps
- SM open:  ~ 25 fps

I'm wracking my brain to determine what I've done to cause such lag.   I'm closely examining my onGui and update event workflows for any kind of resource hungry routine.  Interestingly, when in space center, with SM off I get 60 fps.  

the settings window does not lag out at all, and the roster window lags out at the exact same 25 fps.   very strange.   A hunting I will go...