Famous Last Words..

Hephcestus

'Moho still has an atmosphere...right'

'I bet I can do a flip'(actually have this one recorded)

'Let mechjeb drive'(was fine for the first hour then it went too fast)

'The ground looks awfully close'

'&*#@'

Edited by Spartwo

Testing a Skylon-based SSTO is serious business when you have no idea how to set the landing gear.....

"Hey Stupid Skylon-based SSTO align whit the Runway... I SAID ALIGN *Then the whole plane goes to the left* NVM TAKE OFF TAKE OFF I SAID!!!! *Suddenly the poorly balanced weight on the wings start to make everything wobbly* NOOOOOO!!! *Crash*"

My mother likes to ask how my Kerbals are coming along and I told her about my prelaunch checklist fairly early on. Now she likes to ask if I fully covered my checklist. Every time she asks I have to add a new item. It started with just three things. SAS enabled, engines throttled up, epic music playlist started.

1. "Did you cover your checklist?" "Yeah, the launch is great so far." *add "confirm staging configuration."

2. "Did you cover your checklist?" "Yeah, everything is properly staged and I'm about to launch." *add "is ship adequately strutted?"

3. "Is your ship falling apart again?" "No, no. I'm just about into orbit and... everything exploded." *add "test launch with probe before losing a brave kerbonaut*

4. "Did you cover your checklist?" "Yes! Everything is great, I'm circularizing, Everything looks great." *add "confirm placement of batteries and solar panels." For the test probe.

5. "Have you actually finished that checklist?" "I don't know. I hope so." * add "docking parts should be facing outward." (Note: this was my first attempt at docking and I figured the different sides would connect [like magnets] and not the same sides.

Since those early days (last week) I've since added landing gear, parachutes, extra SAS components, RCS components, and science equipment (because I once had a completely successful launch with nothing to show for it). I've become very nervous whenever she asks me about my checklist. I develop a sense of impending doom.

"I'm just going to push this the rest of the way." - Usually muttered when transferring from munar orbit to a kerbin aerobrake after the fuel has run out.

'Pushing' requires EVA-ing and using EVA propellant to get the rest of the delta V. I usually end up running out of EVA propellant and have to send a rescue mission for the lander and the kerbal...

This method is also known as 'Using the force'.

"Hey whys the ground coming up so fast?! BOOOOOOOM!" Landing with ASL...

"Lets test out this new spaceplane!" Jeb testing a SSTO

"WEEEEEEEEE" Jeb on a SRB after the spaceplane incident.

"I'll just respawn, right... RIGHT???" Bob breaking the fourth wall to reassure himself

"This should have plenty of fuel for a Moho mission" and an hour later I am watching the last fumes get used up while still on a Moho escape.

Edit: One other thing I frequently find myself saying: "The fuel seems to be draining asymmetrically" - seconds later one engine flames out while the other rips the ship apart.

Edited by Merinsan

"Plenty of dV, nice and light...Ion engines can't be that bad!"

*1 hour of 4x physics warp later*

"Tylo, you win"

I decided to get into orbit around all 5 moons of Jool using ion engined probes released from a small 'mothership'. Needless to say I gave up and made a more powerful rocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.