Famous Last Words..

Hephcestus

After 2hour mission to laythe: "everything's looking good enough fuel to get to orbit dock and go back home", deploys parachutes, everything's still normal but then right before landing: "oh darn my landing legs are to high" lander lands, loses engine ans tips over, kerbals stuck forever

"What was the noise?" - When checking your apoapsis on the map, during a mainsail burn. This happened to me countless times, yet I always manage to forget it.

This was the main reason I installed MechJeb. So I wouldn't have to switch between map view and stage view.

A few of mine:

"Is my rocket getting shorter?"

Right before the nearly empty boosters push the first stage through the rest of the rocket like it was tissue paper. Because I forgot to strut it up properly. Again.

"Isn't aerobraking supposed to slow me down? -10m/s hardly seems like slowing down."

After hitting Duna's "atmosphere" too high and not getting enough drag. That was on my first station delivery to Duna orbit resulting in burning ALL the fuel, including that meant for the fuel depot, to get capture. I didn't even bother to assemble the station, just left it there after renaming it KSS HUGE Mistake.

"Wait, the engine cut out? But I still have fuel left..."

Just before realizing I have a no-crossfeed part between that tank and the engines. Typically said during descent, preferably close to the surface at high velocity.

"I know night-side landings give me trouble, but this time, THIS TIME, it will be different! I can do this!"

I can't.

*Stage, hilarity ensues* "Well, that's not supposed to happen."

It's always something, I swear.

"That's not good"

whenever pretty much anything goes wrong.

"please don't shake apart, please don't shake apart"

as I fly an extremely wobbly plane (KJR makes this a non-issue on rockets) and pay it doesn't undergo RUD.

"So far so good"

usually at arrival from an interplanetary transfer. End result is usually Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.

"I didn't know a rocket could bend that way"

(For those who havn't seen it, pile a bunch of torso fuel tanks atop each other, then strap a probe to the top and an engine, like the LV-30, to the bottom and launch)

Edited by kelmv
Give it some context

"I didn't know a rocket could bend that way"

(For those who havn't seen it, pile a bunch of torso fuel tanks atop each other, then strap a probe to the top and an engine, like the LV-30, to the bottom and launch)

KJR fixes this. Wonderful plugin. YOu never have to worry about strutting stacks, just radial crap with it.

Dropping the landing gear and coming in for the runway...

Forgot to drop the drop tanks...

Dropped the tanks, but was too late to land...

Swooped around for another pass at landing...

"Aw, FRAK!"

Slammed right into my drop tanks.

I think you have beat the game if you go at least one mission without going "Oh crap!" at least once... or at least with your choice of swearword.

KSP - The Art of the Unexpected Booboo!

Or you can swear once, then recover. Recovering a lost mission is harder than one going perfectly.

"Ok, Whackjob! Well done. You placed in this contest you heard we're running a little later on. Send us a craft file, and we'll include it as a default rocket in the game from here on out."

"Mwahaha! Here's the Arkingthaad Behemoth Deluxe."

"What the... Oh, god!"

*Lands on Duna with a lander with full fuel (I got to the surface with a stage that wasn't originally intended to be the lander)*

"I've got PLENTY of fuel left!"

(Cue fiddling around for 30 min while trying to find an encounter within my Delta-v and life support budget.)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.