[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

I am having trouble loading into KSP with the newest RealFuels version (checked that it is RealFuels by uninstalling the mod and KSP worked fine). I am also using the Stock configs for RF.

Here's the error from the output_log.txt:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.UnlockedConfig (.ConfigNode config, .Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.SetConfiguration (System.String newConfiguration, Boolean resetTechLevels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_Vessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDockingNode.FindNodeApproaches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__155 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDockingNode.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I was also having trouble on loading, please check if you have the "CommunityResourcePack" folder in your GameData, it solved my problem.

ebigunso: First please uninstall ModuleRCSFX, then install the absolute latest version from the repo

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModuleRCSFX

If that still doesn't help, please post your output_log.txt (or player.log for OSX/linux). Note, NOT ksp.log.

If you don't know where to find it, go here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

That fixed it :D

Thanks. I checked and it was v3.4, idk where that snuck in from :S

I'm having issues using RO, all in any way suggested mods, and the win64bit community hack. realfuels won't work for me, it displays a tank utilization of -1%, tells me it can't find different tank types, doesn't show the button for the UI, and tanks have LFO in them.

Hi, I'm getting back to ksp after a while, and would like to install KSPI along with realism overhaul. However, CKAN won't allow me to install KSPI Extended once RO is already installed. I suspect that it's an incompatibility with Real Fuels. When I installed RO, it did install Interstellar Fuel Switch Core. But KSPI Extended requires Interstellar Fuel Switch which CKAN won't let me install once RealFuels is installed. Can I get around this? Is there an actual incompatibility, or is this just a CKAN problem?

Is there any way around it? I always liked using RO with KSPI

I could do it by letting CKAN install RO, then manually installing KSPI-E and IFS, then hand-editing ModuleManager patches to fix any tanks that are getting both RealFuels and IFS modules.

Fixing the conflict would involve pull requests to IFS, KSPI-E, and/or CKAN. I can't be more specific without testing first. Someone with prior ModuleManager and CKAN experience could probably fix the conflict in an afternoon.

Fixing the conflict would involve pull requests to IFS, KSPI-E, and/or CKAN. I can't be more specific without testing first. Someone with prior ModuleManager and CKAN experience could probably fix the conflict in an afternoon.
Should be easily doable with some NEEDS clauses but I don't imagine either mod wants to take responsibility for that, although IMO it belongs in KSPI-E because it involves stomping on KSPI-E's configs.

The following should do the trick on any Interstellar Fuel Switch tank:

:NEEDS[!RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]

Edited by regex

Should be easily doable with some NEEDS clauses but I don't imagine either mod wants to take responsibility for that, although IMO it belongs in KSPI-E because it involves stomping on KSPI-E's configs.

The following should do the trick on any Interstellar Fuel Switch tank:

:NEEDS[!RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]

Thanks for the replies undercoveryankee, and regex. I'm not THAT familiar with modulemanager, so I'm not sure where exactly to apply that NEEDS line. If you'd be kind enough to give me a specific example for one tank, I'd be happy to apply it to all the tanks and then share the fix with others. Part of the problem is that with fuelswitch, all the .cfg files are empty (0-bytes) except for two parts files. Should I make a separate .cfg file, or are those two parts the only ones that need to be modified?

EDIT: I also noticed that if I manually install KSPI-E over RO, the VAB seems to slow down noticeably, and all the command pods have hundreds of Rad Hardness lines attached to them in the VAB descriptions. Like right-clicking on the Mk1 results in about 200 "Rad Hardness:6.00" lines in the description.

I'm going to post this in the KSPI-E thread as well to see if they might be able to provide some insight.

Edited by mkrco

Wait, guys no. Module Manager patches aren't going to do anything to or for CKAN. If you install something manually, CKAN can't install that mod over your manual installation. And if that mod is a dependency for another mod (as FuelSwitch is for Interstellar) then you can't install that mod either.

The most likely solution is to delete [your manual installation of] FuelSwitch completely, THEN install KSPI Extended.

Here's a copy of a post I placed in KSPI-E thread below. Is this what you meant by the NEEDS line? Because somehow it seems to have worked. At least in got my framerate up, and with a couple of initial tests the engines seem to be behaving normally.

I think I've made some progress in getting KSPI-E and RO to work together, but I'm not all the way there yet. This is all on 64-bit Linux btw.

First I did a clean install with just RO and dependencies installed through CKAN, I got ~50 fps at KSC

Then I did a clean install with just KSPI-E and dependencies installed through CKAN, I got ~50 fps at KSC

Then I did a clean install with RO through CKAN, and KSPI-E installed manually, and I dropped to ~25 fps at KSC

But then I modified KSPI-E's RealfuelsFix.cfg to look like in the quotes below, and my fps jumped back up to ~50 fps.

I ran some quick tests, and it appears that all the engines, and fuel tanks are operating normally.

The remaining problem is that the command pods each have a couple of hundred entries for Rad Hardness, which makes them unusable since when you right-click on one in flight the entire dialog is filled with Rad Hardness instead of options for crew reports, etc. So, any ideas about where the Rad Hardness entries might be coming from and how I might remove them?

//Interstellar-RealFuels configs

@WARP_PLUGIN_SETTINGS

[*]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@HydrogenPeroxideResourceName = HTP //H2Peroxide

}

@TANK_DEFINITION

[*]:NEEDS[RealFuels,!ThunderAerospace]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

TANK //Adds KSPI Water if TACLS is not present

{

name = Water

mass = 0.000012

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

}

}

@TANK_DEFINITION[serviceModule,Fuselage,Jet,Xenon]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]:Final

{

TANK //Add ArgonGas to all pressurized tanks. Values are based off of XenonGas.

{

name = ArgonGas

mass = 0.000095

utilization = 100

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

note = (pressurized)

}

}

@TANK_DEFINITION[Cryogenic,BalloonCryo]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

TANK //Add LqdCO2 to Cryogenic tanks.

{

name = LqdCO2

mass = 0.00006

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

temperature = -56

loss_rate = 0.000000000006

note = (has insulation, pressurized)

}

TANK //Add LiquidNitrogen to Cryogenic tanks. Values are based off of LqdOxygen.

{

name = LqdNitrogen

mass = 0.0000112

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

temperature = -183

loss_rate = 0.00000000002

note = (has insulation)

}

}

@TANK_DEFINITION[serviceModule,Fuselage]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

TANK //Add LiquidCO2 to ServiceModule and Fuselage tanks.

{

name = LqdCO2

mass = 0.00008

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

temperature = -56

loss_rate = 0.000000000006

}

TANK //Add LiquidNitrogen to ServiceModule and Fuselage tanks. Values are based off of LqdOxygen.

{

name = LqdNitrogen

mass = 0.00008

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

temperature = -183

loss_rate = 0.00000000002

}

}

@TANK_DEFINITION[Default,Balloon]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

TANK //Add LiquidCO2 to standard tanks.

{

name = LqdCO2

mass = 0.000062

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

temperature = -56

loss_rate = 0.000000002

note = (lacks insulation, pressurized)

}

TANK //Add LqdNitrogen to standard tanks. Values are based off of LqdOxygen.

{

name = LqdNitrogen

mass = 0.000014

utilization = 1

fillable = True

amount = 0.0

maxAmount = 0.0

temperature = -183

loss_rate = 0.00000001

note = (lacks insulation)

}

}

//Part catch-all updates

@PART

[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[H2Peroxide]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@RESOURCE[H2Peroxide]

{

@name = HTP

}

}

//Resource Definition updates

@OCEANIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION

[*]:HAS[#resourceName[Ammonia]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@resourceName = LqdAmmonia

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION

[*]:HAS[#resourceName[Ammonia]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

}

@OCEANIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION

[*]:HAS[#resourceName[H2Peroxide]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@resourceName = HTP

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION

[*]:HAS[#resourceName[H2Peroxide]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@resourceName = HTP

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_PACK_DEFINITION[interstellarAtmosphericPack]:FINAL:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[KerbinOxygen]

{

resourceName = LqdOxygen

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[KerbinHydrogen]

{

resourceName = LqdHydrogen

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[JoolHydrogen]

{

resourceName = LqdHydrogen

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LaytheOxygen]

{

resourceName = LqdOxygen

}

@ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[DunaOxygen]

{

resourceName = LqdOxygen

}

}

//Remove duplicate entry for LqdMethane

!RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LqdMethane]:HAS[#density[0.00186456]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@density = 0.00042262

}

//Specific part fixes

@PART[FNMethaneTank*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LqdMethane],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

temp = 0

volume = 0

type = Cryogenic

@temp = #$../RESOURCE[LqdMethane]/maxAmount$

@temp *= 4.412

@volume = #$temp$

@temp = #$../RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$

@temp *= 5

@volume += #$temp$

!temp = 0

}

!RESOURCE[LqdMethane] {}

!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}

}

@PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction]:HAS[#resourceName[Ammonia]]

{

}

}

//Make ISRU refinery tanks insulated and modular

@PART[FNRefinery]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

volume = 1750

type = Cryogenic

}

}

@PART[FNInlineRefinery]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

volume = 1750

type = Cryogenic

}

}

@PART[FNInlineRefineryLarge]:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleFuelTanks

volume = 11000

type = Cryogenic

}

}

Edited by mkrco

ebigunso: First please uninstall ModuleRCSFX, then install the absolute latest version from the repo

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModuleRCSFX

If that still doesn't help, please post your output_log.txt (or player.log for OSX/linux). Note, NOT ksp.log.

If you don't know where to find it, go here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

This worked for me. Try looking to see if your ModuleRCSFX is up to date.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an idea for fixing the current OPness of baloon and balooncryo tanks. What if you restrict it's selection by tech research? Surely the technology was not there in the 50s and 60s was it?

oops sorry i didn't notice so ok i have added the fuel and then added the correct configs to the RCS thrusters but when i try them on the pad (pressing on the keys) nothing happens

wt1Jpbj.png

13u6fqk.png

NOTE :- iam using RFStockalike config pack

Edited by LividPumpkin

oops sorry i didn't notice so ok i have added the fuel and then added the correct configs to the RCS thrusters but when i try them on the pad (pressing on the keys) nothing happens

http://i.imgur.com/wt1Jpbj.png

http://i.imgur.com/13u6fqk.png

NOTE :- iam using RFStockalike config pack

Where did you get RCSFX from? Did you download it from here as advised? https://github.com/NathanKell/ModuleRCSFX

(first deleting the one you have then installing)