[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

I encountered a bug i thought i'd report.

When naturally trying to reproduce Bigelow's Alpha space station, i came up with this simple trick:

iDmMoBW.png

(docking port is re-attached after the RCS tank). Everything went good, even when transferring crew:

TsXuQQ6.png

But then, when swiching to it from the tracking station, it always start to spin, not so very fast, but can't control it. The crew barely escaped ^^

So what do you people think? Kraken (as i said, not very fast spin and no spontaneous disassembly), bug, miracle? It happened on my two computers.

When naturally trying to reproduce Bigelow's Alpha space station , i came up with this simple trick:

-Snip-

(docking port is re-attached after the RCS tank). Everything went good, even when transferring crew:

-Snip Again-

But then, when swiching to it from the tracking station, it always start to spin, not so very fast, but can't control it. The crew barely escaped ^^

So what do you people think? Kraken (as i said, not very fast spin and no spontaneous disassembly), bug, miracle? It happened on my two computers.

Looks like a physx bug with KSP rather than this mod, as sometimes I get issues like that with part clipping. Just replace that tank with radial ones

Looks like a physx bug with KSP rather than this mod, as sometimes I get issues like that with part clipping. Just replace that tank with radial ones

Hehe, the hab doesn't allow radial placement, hence the (empty) rcs tank to get the solar panels where i want them. But yeah, seems like a good prey for the kraken.

Hehe, the hab doesn't allow radial placement, hence the (empty) rcs tank to get the solar panels where i want them. But yeah, seems like a good prey for the kraken.

You could enable surface attachment in the part file easily enough but you'd have to police yourself and not try to attach things where the inflatable part is because they won't animate with the inflation. With Bad Thingsâ„¢ possibly happening if you do. Maybe.

I think this would do it.... haven't verified and I sometimes mix up which is which

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

When naturally trying to reproduce Bigelow's Alpha space station, i came up with this simple trick:

http://i.imgur.com/iDmMoBW.png

http://i.imgur.com/TsXuQQ6.png

What pack is that adapter truss from (right side of the second image)?

Thanks Starwaster! Will try.

What pack is that adapter truss from (right side of the second image)?

That is the fairing base from KW rocketry. What you can see is the last stage of the rocket that brought the hab to orbit.

Since the last time someone came up with TAC life support values was a little while ago:

// Habbitat Mod Stuffs

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
}

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
}

@PART[inflato2]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
}

@PART[inflatoFlat]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
}

@PART[orbitalorb]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
}

also, could we have it so that some of the other modules can be used as first part?

Edited by namAehT

You should tweakability for the Dockingports at the habitat that you can (if needeD) connect stuff on them in the Hangar yet.

Oooooo I think you can do that with Firespitter... ?

isnt that what the hab uses for animation? or is it stock animation? I cant check right now

Hello! I'm not a modder in any means, but I've had a idea of tweaking the texture of the centrifuge, as I didn't quiet like how the trusses look like. So, I've tried to modify it and found that the original texture isn't quite in place! Here, look at the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/fwdd0

Note, that first issue can only be seen from the bottom.

I tried to replace the original texture with something that can be seen on the last page, I think this texture make the trusses look a little sturdier. (still not anough, though:huh:. maybe, solid columns would fit better) I'm not saying that you should use mine, they are not the best that could be done (but you can, of course:P), but do something with the old ones, please! Also, you know, some holes from which the trusses are supposted to extend would be great:wink:.

I really like what you have done with the trusses, they look much bolder, also I like the way you have changed the structure to be symmetrical and not stretched! ( can I have the textures?! :D )

Quick question: Do I need to deflate any of the habs before I attempt an aerobrake with them attached? I'm about to take these wonderful things to Duna and I'll need to lose some speed to make orbit. Are they going to pop or explode if I'm plowing through atmo with them inflated?

Unless you're using DRE or something you should be fine, but from a realism standpoint they wouldn't survive harsher aerobraking, really gentle aerobraking should be fine but plowing into it with re-entry effects would melt/rip em.

I prefer to keep a nose cone of some sort if I design a craft to aerobrake with a diamater at least as big as the un-infatuated habitats and keep the kerbals in a pod/can elsewhere, basically baton down the hatches when you arrive at an atmosphere, keep the habs inflated and spinning etc in space.

Quick question: Do I need to deflate any of the habs before I attempt an aerobrake with them attached? I'm about to take these wonderful things to Duna and I'll need to lose some speed to make orbit. Are they going to pop or explode if I'm plowing through atmo with them inflated?

They SHOULD pop and explode but there's nothing that would technically Make them more susceptible when inflated

They SHOULD pop and explode but there's nothing that would technically Make them more susceptible when inflated

Deadly reentry offers support for a handy module called ModuleAnimation2Value, which lets you set properties (including drag, damage tolerance, etc.) depending on a part's animation state. So you could add those to the habs to get the effect you want. The catch, of course, is that the module would have absolutely no effect for anybody without the DRE plugin. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.