[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

What does tweakableladders do exactly? It doesn't seem to do anything, from what I can tell anyway.

Fixes the Squad toggle that allows you to extend and retract ladders in the VAB - Squads is bugged where if you reload a saved craft with extended ladders, you can't retract them or something. This one actually works.

Interesting.. I don't remember this being an issue in previous KSPs, wonder why they changed it. Could be the fairings needing to say they've changed, but they don't use tweakables.. Who know. Either way, really looking forward to the fix! :D

The Squad bug with FloatRange tweakables has actually been present since at least 0.25 and probably since tweakables were introduced. It's just become more of an issue lately as more mods have started using and doing expensive things with onEditorShipModified. I've reported it to Squad; hopefully it gets sorted in an upcoming version. If not, the new slim version of KSPAPIExtensions (KSPAPIEL) works around the issue nicely, offers some extra functionality, and can be made available for general adoption.

My animation bug has probably also always been present, but it was just exposed recently by nuFAR. My animation code never didn't work, even in recent versions; it just did things in a funky way that led to confusion on the part of interactions with mods that know what animations are supposed to be be in given states.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.11! This version fixes FAR compatibility in the editor, improves TweakableStaging performance and behavior, and adds an in-flight torque limiter to TweakableReactionWheels.

Known issues: engine fairings still don't reappear when re-enabled; still haven't looked at fairing adjustments yet.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.11 [2015-05-18]
* Fixed all modules using animations (TweakableAnimateGeneric, TweakableLadders, TweakableSolarPanels, TweakableDockingNode) to avoid falsely appearing to have changed from frame to frame as observed by mods like FAR.
* Behind-the-scenes code changes to improve performance.
* Added new dependency on KSPAPIEL, a stripped-down version of KSPAPIExtensions, to work around a Squad bug involving tweakable slider.
* TweakableStaging: Removed a bug discovered during testing wherein the staging list would not sort properly during startup when normally-staged parts had staging disabled.
* TweakableStaging: Major revisions to improve performance.
* TweakableReactionWheels: Added a torque limiter to help alleviate twitch in flight.

Is KSPAPIEL needed if just TweakableStaging is being used, for example with my custompparts? I've tried without and it seems to be OK, but thought I'd double check.

KSPAPIEL is only used by the modules that add "slider" tweakbles; TweakableStaging does not. I carefully ensured that ToadicusTools itself does not depend on KSPAPIEL.

I'm getting this odd exception when I go into the VAB/SPH, doesn't happen again. I know it's coming from this because there are lines about UIPartActionFloatEdit and similar above the error.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[uIPartActionFieldItem].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionsExtendedRegistration+<Register>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Actually no wait, it happened when I loaded a craft, and I think it happened again when I went back to VAB,

Edited by smjjames

Hi!

With latest version I've got a weird bug: several seconds after loading the craft in space its center of mass (and camera) starts shifting away, rotation and orbit calculation gets messed up.

I have a problem with latest version, as soon as I pass altitude 6000 camera is going to the bottom of my ship, and I'm loosing control. Removing TweakableEverything resolving problem.

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bulyeqw0zla9hni/KSP.log?dl=0

output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pwa2buedsqicy4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yttm9ntaseegduv/Satelite%201a.craft?dl=0

I have only TweakableEverything installed.

I have a problem with latest version, as soon as I pass altitude 6000 camera is going to the bottom of my ship, and I'm loosing control. Removing TweakableEverything resolving problem.

Can confirm that. Every single time a "invisible" part of ship falls off throught the rocket with the described effect. In flight log I get info about overheating fuel tank at 0:00 mission time. And on 6000m info about overheating various other stuff. Rest is just spinning out of control and going kaboom.

Edited by Ald

Catched this.

It has to do with the OX-STAT solar panel (the flat one).

If you have a vessel at very high orbit with any of this part every 12 seconds or so it will fly away from focus.

Reverting to v1.9.1 TweakableSolarPanels.dll file fixes the issue (as a workaround)

Catched this.

It has to do with the OX-STAT solar panel (the flat one).

If you have a vessel at very high orbit with any of this part every 12 seconds or so it will fly away from focus.

Reverting to v1.9.1 TweakableSolarPanels.dll file fixes the issue (as a workaround)

i don't think it's the OXSTAT, i had the same problem regardless of what was on my craft. nevertheless, as you mentioned, reverting to the last version resolves the problem.

btw - the other thing the latest version did was create "decouple" smoke animation in the VAB building when attaching decouplers and also when flying the craft. t'was actually funny to see a 2 stage rocket taking off with smoke billowing from beneath the decouplers. almost had a steampunk feel to it :)

Thanks guys, I'm looking in to it. I'm pretty sure it is specific to the OX-STAT, which is failing to start up properly for want of an animation.

I'm testing a fix now, will release soon.

Edit: Funny thing: this happened to me half a dozen times last night when I was trying to play after I released, but I was so tired I didn't even look in to it. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Update released!

CHANGELOG:

v.1.11.1 [2015-05-19]
* TweakableSolarPanels: Fixed an issue that caused non-animated solar panels to unhinge reality.

SO THAT'S IT!!! I've just spent the last 6-8 hours trying to figure out why my rocket which if anything should've been top heavy was flipping around a point UNDER the bottommost engine. I was just about to do a clean reinstall and use up the bandwidth when I saw the update alert in my email.

Breaking reality indeed!!

Toadicus, there still seems to be a conflict with proc fairings. With 1.11 and 1.11.1 I do not get a context menu when I right click the interstage fairing base.

ksp version 1.0.2.842

TE version: 1.11.1

PF version 3.14

Symptom: right click interstage fairing base and get no menu

To reproduce:

1. create new stock instance of ksp folder

2. install PF 3.14 and TE 1.11.1 in game folder

2a. I launch game with -force-opengl -popupwindow

3. create a new sandbox game

4. go to vab and just grab a proc interstage fairing base and right click it and no menu opens

4a. you can also grab a mk1 pod and a insterstage base and attach them and when you right click the fairing base no menu opens

log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5501128/ksp_stuff/TE%20Bug/KSP.log

bugged craft file ex: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5501128/ksp_stuff/TE%20Bug/TE%20PF%20Bug%20Ship.craft

Thanks for you work on this useful mod Toadicus, I hope I have provided all the information you need. If not just let me know.

Thx,

RM

Edited by ctbram

Seeing lots of errors of "MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ToadicusTools.Tools.getModulesOfType'." in log files and ships spontaneously staging. Log files are at KSP Logs

EDIT: Reverting back to Tools v.8a, Tweakableeverything 1.91 and EVAmanager-3 solved these issues.

Edited by Gristle

ctbram, thanks for the log, that makes it pretty clear. I'm going to need to touch bases with taniwha about this one; it might be that I need to make KSPAPIEL participate in elections with KSPAPIExtensions to avoid such conflicts. Basically, both of the above are trying to help ProceduralFairings, and KSPAPIEL doesn't have everything PF is looking for.

Gristle, are you getting your content with CKAN? I couldn't update ToadicusTools on KerbalStuff for CKAN this afternoon, but have done so now. See if that helps!

Update: I've talked with taniwha and am hopeful we have a direction with which to move forward. We're in relatively incompatible timezones, so collaboration is slow, but I'll keep you posted.

Update: I've talked with taniwha and am hopeful we have a direction with which to move forward. We're in relatively incompatible timezones, so collaboration is slow, but I'll keep you posted.

Thank you for the update. That is always appreciated :)

I'm not sure whether to post this in the FAR thread or here, but TweakableParachutes, where you can set the deployment time and stuff isn't updated in FARs RealChuteLite. Pre/Deployment Speed aren't changed in the RC window, regardless of what the tweakables are set as. I don't know what settings are used (tweakables or FARs RCL settings) in flight, I haven't had a chance to check.

ctbram, thanks for the log, that makes it pretty clear. I'm going to need to touch bases with taniwha about this one; it might be that I need to make KSPAPIEL participate in elections with KSPAPIExtensions to avoid such conflicts. Basically, both of the above are trying to help ProceduralFairings, and KSPAPIEL doesn't have everything PF is looking for.

Gristle, are you getting your content with CKAN? I couldn't update ToadicusTools on KerbalStuff for CKAN this afternoon, but have done so now. See if that helps!

Yes, I'm using CKAN. Uninstalled Tweakables, EVA manager, Toadicus Tools via CKAN. Refreshed CKAN, and reinstalled mods from CKAN and am having same issue. When switching to certain vessels parts decouple and fly away at high speed.

Log files: KSP logs 5-20

Edited by Gristle

Is tweakable staging doing wierd things for anybody else? Like adding additional stage boxes when you have a section of your ship moved away and also while removing and putting on engines onto a stage while doing that.

Also, doing this apparently causes tweakable staging to scream in agony (okay, 'scream in agony' is an exaggeration).

screenshot77_zpswu9cnqaa.png

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].CheckIndex (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].Insert (Int32 index, .StageGroup item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Staging.addStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Staging.AddStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.SwitchStaging (Boolean enabled) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Output log: http://sta.sh/0207863uk5jw

I'm going to remove the tweakable staging thing for a while since it's being buggy.

Edit: FUUU, why does KW rocketry have to make tweakable staging a dependency??? I'll just live with it for now.

Edited by smjjames

Hi Toadicus,

unfortunately you broke my code for the torque gain in LateUpdate()

Could you please replace this:

this.reactionWheelModule.RollTorque *= gain;

this.reactionWheelModule.PitchTorque *= gain;

this.reactionWheelModule.YawTorque *= gain;

with this:

this.reactionWheelModule.RollTorque = this.RollTorque*gain;

this.reactionWheelModule.PitchTorque = this.PitchTorque*gain;

this.reactionWheelModule.YawTorque = this.YawTorque*gain;

Otherwise torque gets reduced on every LateUpdate() approaching zero and the reaction wheel becomes unusable, if one sets a gain below 100%.

Is tweakable staging doing wierd things for anybody else? Like adding additional stage boxes when you have a section of your ship moved away and also while removing and putting on engines onto a stage while doing that.

Also, doing this apparently causes tweakable staging to scream in agony (okay, 'scream in agony' is an exaggeration).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot77_zpswu9cnqaa.png

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].CheckIndex (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].Insert (Int32 index, .StageGroup item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Staging.addStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Staging.AddStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.SwitchStaging (Boolean enabled) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Output log: http://sta.sh/0207863uk5jw

I'm going to remove the tweakable staging thing for a while since it's being buggy.

Edit: FUUU, why does KW rocketry have to make tweakable staging a dependency??? I'll just live with it for now.

I have experienced those symptoms as well, during flight even (edit: having just rendezvoused with a capsule in need of rescuing). (I run an extremely modded setup, so if you're suspecting a mod interaction, put up your list and I'll put up mine and we'll see if there's overlap.)

EDIT: I'm using the ToadicusTools and EVAManager from your AntennaRange dev builds. Is that alright?

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

Gristle, I must've buggered something with my packaging this weekend; I'm re-uploading all three mods ASAP.

smjjames, please calm down.

I did my best to duplicate your steps, thus:

• Open up a sandbox game
  • Load the Kerbal X (I don't have time to actually play the game and build cool stuff :P )
  • Turn a few of the decouplers on and off, so TStaging has done some work.
  • Alt-click to copy half the ship off to the side
  • Remove an engine and leave it off to the side
  • Add a different engine
  • Add a stage with a "+" button in the staging list
  • Move something to that stage
  • Empty some other stage
  • Delete that stage with the "-" button in the staging list
  • Toggle some TStaging parts on and off just to test

This produced no ill results.

I see from your log that, in fact, something is causing code that is called by my mod to experience exceptions, but since the first such problems in your log were entirely separate from my mod, I'm guessing there's some sort of extenuating circumstance. Please try to isolate the problem with nothing but TweakableEverything and its dependencies installed. If you can't do that, add mods back until you find the blend that causes the problem. Then remove mods until you find the minimum set that exhibits a problem. This way I can target testing to figure out what's going on.

Because it's not my code that's generating the exception, the best I could try to do is capture it and refuse to do anything, unless I can find something I am or someone else is doing that is prompting Squad's code to misbehave. I'm willing to believe that's happening, but I can't duplicate the issue with the report you've given me. Take a deep breath, think about specific steps that have led you to the bug, and give me the minimum set you can come up with. The harder I have to work to find your problem, the longer you have to wait for a fix.

KWRocketry does not depend on any part of TweakableEverything. They don't distribute it and none of their files include my modules or patches to add my modules.

jazzkutya, thanks for pointing out my fail. Fix coming in the forthcoming reupload.

- - - Updated - - -

I've reuploaded version 1.11.1 with a few tweaks, notably a more confidently-consistent compile and packaging of ToadicusTools.

I've also changed up the way I'm packaging KSPAPIExtensions, in response to some discussion with taniwha. Note that as of right now I have no idea if this will play nicely with other mods using KSPAPIExtensions. I am doing what I can to work with taniwha to make some changes to make the more vital bits of KSPAPIExtensions a little easier for most mod authors to use, but as of right now things are a bit in flux, and our time zone difference makes it slow going. I did some cursory testing alongside procedural fairings, and that seemed to be fine, but beyond that I make no claims as to cross compatibility at this point.

I'm confident this is something that will be resolved between taniwha and myself in a few days, after which other mods depending on KSPAPIExtensions might need to play a bit of catch up. If that proves false, I'll go back to using Squad's tweakable if another solution can't be found.

I also put in jazzkutya's fix. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: I'm using the ToadicusTools and EVAManager from your AntennaRange dev builds. Is that alright?

Go get the latest AntennaRange and it'll be 100% kosher. :)