[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

Snjo

How do I make the camera stop rotating like shown in the vid? I preferred it when it didn't do that in earlier versions of Hangar Extender and I find it very annoying.

Newest Version?

Exited and reentered the editor?

Yes and yes and the unwanted camera rotation is still there. Although I had to press '*' to switch it (since it went to the regular size) when I exited and reentered editor.

Ah damn, then my bug fix might have caused this issue.

I will get a fix up tomorrow.

Hmm my reproduction tries were not really successful.

Can you give me a guidance to reproduce this issue by the letter?

1. start game

2. open SPH or VAB

3. place whatever part down (to get out of the initial new craft camera freeze because it needs some root part)

4. press * (or don't, it's the same either way)

5. press up arrow (or numpad key 8 ).

It's more pronounced if you move up vertically and you'll have to move up some in the VAB somewhat anyway to get that rotating effect which I don't want. That rotating and moving down effect was NOT in earlier versions of Hangar Extender, which is what I want.

1. start game

2. open SPH or VAB

3. place whatever part down (to get out of the initial new craft camera freeze because it needs some root part)

4. press * (or don't, it's the same either way)

5. press up arrow (or numpad key 8 ).

It's more pronounced if you move up vertically and you'll have to move up some in the VAB somewhat anyway to get that rotating effect which I don't want. That rotating and moving down effect was NOT in earlier versions of Hangar Extender, which is what I want.

Ok did it by the letter and didn't get the same issue, what other mods do you have in that install?

Update to the FSHangarExtender 3.4.6

• Recompile for KSP 1.0.5
  • fixed Nullpointer at Scene leaving

Download at Github

Might pay to put this on the OP post, I only JUST found this. Been wanting to build a sub for ages now. :(

By the way, did I mention that you're the best? I'm considering the legal ramifications of adopting you.... :)

Thanks.

Ok did it by the letter and didn't get the same issue, what other mods do you have in that install?

I reproduced it in a pure stock install, though perhaps I should try with a fresh download actually.

Could you do a video of what you're seeing?

Edit: Tried it with a fresh download and still there, also had a wierd bug where I pressed * and while the SPH enlarged, the ambient lights (not the ones on the walls) turned off.

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Light:get_type ()

at FShangarExtender.FSeditorExtender+<toggleScaling>d__6.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnu merator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerat or)
FShangarExtender.FSeditorExtender:Update()

It only seems to happen once after you put it into gamedata and never again.

Edit: Maybe if I show you the previous behavior that I wanted vs what it is now. I'm using v3.1 (which still functions) to show the previous behavior. Edit2: The camera behavior that I wanted is in 3.3 as well. Maybe I'll see when it started doing the behavior. Edit3: The problem starts with your version 3.4, at least thats the first publically released build.

Edited by smjjames

[quote name='smjjames']I reproduced it in a pure stock install, though perhaps I should try with a fresh download actually.

Could you do a video of what you're seeing?

Edit: Tried it with a fresh download and still there, also had a wierd bug where I pressed * and while the SPH enlarged, the ambient lights (not the ones on the walls) turned off.
[code]
NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Light:get_type ()

at FShangarExtender.FSeditorExtender+<toggleScaling>d__6.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnu merator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerat or)
FShangarExtender.FSeditorExtender:Update()
[/code]

It only seems to happen once after you put it into gamedata and never again.

Edit: Maybe if I show you the previous behavior that I wanted vs what it is now. I'm using v3.1 (which still functions) to show the previous behavior. Edit2: The camera behavior that I wanted is in 3.3 as well. Maybe I'll see when it started doing the behavior. Edit3: The problem starts with your version 3.4, at least thats the first publically released build.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y26VkBjL52s&feature=youtu.be[/url][/QUOTE]

Nice exception looks like I didn't chatch the ready signal correct to prevent too early scaling. Do you run a Linux System?
I can try to get a video up, but not tonight.

If I really saw it correct in your video the 3.1 version had the same bug, but only at normal scale?

[quote name='Alewx']Nice exception looks like I didn't chatch the ready signal correct to prevent too early scaling. Do you run a Linux System?
I can try to get a video up, but not tonight.

If I really saw it correct in your video the 3.1 version had the same bug, but only at normal scale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's actually a stock behavior I believe.

Also, I use Windows 8.1 64x.

Wierd, I wonder why I get the bug and you don't? I haven't seen any exceptions or anything in particular to the bug, even turned on debugging in the settings and that didn't seem to reveal anything. At least as far as I know.

Perhaps I'll give the output log for it on my stripped down branchoff KSP. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='smjjames']Wierd, I wonder why I get the bug and you don't? I haven't seen any exceptions or anything in particular to the bug, even turned on debugging in the settings and that didn't seem to reveal anything. At least as far as I know.

Perhaps I'll give the output log for it on my stripped down branchoff KSP[/QUOTE]

And the problem was with 3.4.5 and 3.4.6 the same?
That is sooo strange, because if there is no exception that gives no clue.
I just can not believe that the camera handling is different for the OS, that would make so sense.

[quote name='Alewx']And the problem was with 3.4.5 and 3.4.6 the same?
I just can not believe that the camera handling is different for the OS, that would make so sense.[/QUOTE]

The behavior is the same back to 3.4.0, which is the first public release you gave I think.

[quote name='Alewx']And the problem was with 3.4.5 and 3.4.6 the same?
I just can not believe that the camera handling is different for the OS, that would make so sense.[/QUOTE]

you guys know that one video is from VAB, the other from SPH?
just curious

[quote name='Speadge']you guys know that one video is from VAB, the other from SPH?
just curious[/QUOTE]

It happens in both places, and yes I noticed that.

Maybe the output log will give some kind of clue, I don't know: [URL]http://sta.sh/025ggjbezxk5[/URL]

Edit: I play in windowed mode, could that possibly have some kind of effect? I think I'll do a clean install (after backing up the current stuff of course) to clear out any influence from mods.

Edit2: In the VAB, the bug really only shows when you go way up to where the top of the stock VAB is. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='smjjames']It happens in both places, and yes I noticed that.
[/QUOTE]

well, i just tested it: in SPH i have the same effect - and thats intended, cause u wont want to build that high planes.

In VAB the effect is gone.
Perhaps he just used the same "extender-methods" back then - and now just has a different handling..

Are u sure u have problems in VAB?

[quote name='Speadge']well, i just tested it: in SPH i have the same effect - and thats intended, cause u wont want to build that high planes.

In VAB the effect is gone.
Perhaps he just used the same "extender-methods" back then - and now just has a different handling..

Are u sure u have problems in VAB?[/QUOTE]

I edited my previous post to say that it only shows in the VAB when you go up to where the roof would be before you resize it, and as for the SPH, Hangar Extender didn't have that in 3.3 and the rotation happens even if you're close to the ground.

[quote name='smjjames']I edited my previous post to say that it only shows in the VAB when you go up to where the roof would be before you resize it, and as for the SPH, Hangar Extender didn't have that in 3.3 and the rotation happens even if you're close to the ground.[/QUOTE]

thats what i wanted to say - perhaps it was in 3.3 like now in vab, that it just occured when really far away. Which would mean he jused the VAB resize-method vor SPH and VAB - and now has dedicatet ones ;)

just guessing :-/

Ok in SPH I was able to recreate the issue.
But with 1.0 or so they merged the editorscenes from two into one so that it is a bit tricky to find the right components.
I tought I was save by editing SPH and VAB cameras at the same time.
If anyone has an idea what it might be, just give me shout, this needs some digging.

[quote name='Speadge']still think its stock when u reach the top of the building with your cam - so it seems to have somewhere still the data for "this building has this *** size" stored?![/QUOTE]

construction and camera boundingboxes get increased, also maxHeight and maxDistance, so there should be no reason to reach the top that early.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.