Was a life support mod that used extra core/thread to track oxygen/water etc?

jpinard

I cant remember the name of the mod, but I think it was a life support mod that tracked all kerbal's consumption of oxygen, water, CO2 levels" and it didn't have much of a performance hit because it Calcutta those values on the computers extra core. Anyone remember the name of the mod?

Thunder Aerospace Corp's Life Support mod meets this description, or at least the first half of it. Not sure what you mean running on an extra core - you mean a separate thread on your PC's CPU? Usually, mods like life support don't add much in the way of processing time so I don't think any of them would go out of their way to implement this (not to so they haven't - I'd just be surprised :P ).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40667-0-23-WIP-TAC-Life-Support-0-8-22Dec

Only problem with ECLSS is.. no parts! Or.. lack there of. There are.. 5. And there too big ( pretty though.. in there own way. ) I use ECLSS because its what BobCat uses, but there needs to be MUCH more variants of LS parts. I know a large pack of parts ( I can't recall ) just came out for TAC.. and there nice, but Idk if I can convert them.

And then this got me thinking.. and I'd hate to throw this off topic, but I gotta get this off my chest. Life support mods = more parts. Just slap on more parts more parts more parts.. is that really how it needs to be for ksp life support? You look at real life crafts.. Apollo CM/SM for instance. You don't see these protruding or.. "naked" looking parts on them for life support or whatever you could imagine. It's all built into the service module.

Sorry about the rant, but that's what's on my mind about LS here. There's gotta be a better way then just more parts more parts.

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.