[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

But its still not working?

EDIT:

Add a folder for texture Pershina.

To do this yourself, take a look in the KSP.log after each step and search for texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/XXXXXX/SphereOfInfluence not found

XXXXXX is the name of the celestial body that is missing.

If you do this, the ordering of the ribbons is still messed up, but that's a cosmetic issue.

Edited by Nereid

But its still not working?

EDIT:

Add a folder for texture Pershina.

To do this yourself, take a look in the KSP.log after each step and search for texture Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons/XXXXXX/SphereOfInfluence not found

XXXXXX is the name of the celestial body that is missing.

If you do this, the ordering of the ribbons is still messed up, but that's a cosmetic issue.

Yes, I am testing it now though. I just finished adding each individual body (copying Sun for the 3 total stars, and Minmus for each of the planets/moons). I will give an updated ksp.log after that (and whether or not it fixed it).

EDIT: Yes, adding each individual body allows me to now start the game. It might not be for a while, but I will try to get some custom ribbons created at some point.

Edited by Gawdin

EDIT 3: Turns out I left the Log text open all this time. Here it is. dunno if this is helpful to you.

http://filebin.ca/1U4B8UqeIr62/KSPlog.txt

and as it turns out this log text is massive. Pastebin, nor Text Upload allowed it. I don't think I've ever seen a log file at 1.15MB :S

First, just as some kind of anecdote: a log of a size of about 1MB isn't that massive. Normal applications are often producing several of them per day, per process. But they are not running at log level TRACE of course (if they would, they would produce several gigabytes of log outputs!) :D

But anyway... As far as I can see:

1. FF is installed correctly
  2. there is no mod installed which alters the kerbol system

Trying to reproduce it myself... which I can't. All is working flawless for me. And to be honest: FF doesn't differ in its behavior between career and sandbox mode. So I really doubt that this is caused by FF.

But this is quite strange:

[LOG 00:45:00.408] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[EXC 00:45:00.409] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.420] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.475] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.612] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.624] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.637] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.647] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.655] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.663] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.670] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.678] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.692] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.709] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.726] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.742] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 00:45:00.894] FF: destroying Final Frontier

But I still have no clue, what is causing this... Are these exceptions still present in your current log?

But anyway... As far as I can see:

1. FF is installed correctly
  2. there is no mod installed which alters the kerbol system

Trying to reproduce it myself... which I can't. All is working flawless for me. And to be honest: FF doesn't differ in its behavior between career and sandbox mode. So I really doubt that this is caused by FF.

But this is quite strange:

[LOG 00:45:00.408] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[EXC 00:45:00.409] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.420] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.475] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.612] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.624] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.637] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.647] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.655] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.663] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.670] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.678] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.692] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.709] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.726] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.742] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 00:45:00.894] FF: destroying Final Frontier

But I still have no clue, what is causing this... Are these exceptions still present in your current log?

Yeah, If you mean this bit here:

[LOG 12:08:29.906] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'FinalFrontier' from assembly 'FinalFrontier'
[LOG 12:08:29.906] FF: log level is TRACE
[LOG 12:08:29.950] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[EXC 12:08:29.951] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:29.962] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.012] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.136] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.145] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.155] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.166] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.173] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.202] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.213] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.220] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.227] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.237] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.253] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.270] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 12:08:30.287] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 12:08:30.432] FF: destroying Final Frontier

Although this time it seems longer. I'm not currently having the scene change issue, and in this instance I just booted up KSP, loaded my career save, opened the FF menu, config, and turned on TRACE logging. Seing as that seems to be more helpful.

On the manner of the original bug though, I think I MIGHT know how it happened. When I started my career save I went and renamed a lot of my Kerbals in the save file, so that they had unique names, and weren't all "Kerman"s. This didn't present any issues at the time, but neither was FF installed then. However, I recently added a group of new Kerbals to the space program and renamed them. I'm not sure if this was before or after I played around in the FF menu, But I have a sneaking suspicion that this is why. Especially because I encountered it a second time after renaming a Kerbal I had just rescued from orbit as a contract. Now that I think about it... I'm quite certain that's what caused the issue. I bet FF was freaking out about a decorated kerbal that it couldn't find anymore. That being said, I have no idea how that would cause the total game failure I experienced.

I'll do some experimenting and report back.

EDIT: Okay... ignore my hypothesis above...

I attempted to recreate the bug by changing the name of a Kerbal, decorating him by having him fly around, and then changing his name again. Instead of my expected outcome, the kerbal showed up in the list with the new name, and no decorations. This I can understand. It's essentially the same as adding a new kerbal and removing the decorated one. But if that didn't cause the bug then I'm back to square one.

EDIT: Maybe don't ignore that.... I kept on playing around with Kerbal names this time changing the test Kerbal's name back to the name he had when he was decorated, and I also changed a different Kerbals name. I'm beginning to feel like I'm just muddling things up here, but I did recreate the bug. I'll see if I can narrow it down further.

EDIT: I THINK I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT HAPPENED! And I'm really sorry for troubling you if this is it... On my Career save Each of my Kerbals, except for Jebediah, Bill, and Bob, has a unique last name that is NOT Kerman. This is because I went into the save-file and edited them for my own liking. Shortly after installing FinalFrontier, I rescued "Duncan KERMAN" from orbit as a contract. As part of that contract's design, upon completion, "Duncan KERMAN" was added to my space center crew. Immediately after this I went and saved, then edited the save in the ROSTER section. I changed "Duncan KERMAN" to "Duncan MIKKERS". Upon Loading again the game is unusable, having introduced this bug. Changing his name back to Duncan KERMAN resolves it. I think this is because his name is mentioned elsewhere in the savefile, the completed contract to be exact. and in this location I didn't change the name, as I was unaware of it. So the completed contract, return Duncan KERMAN from orbit is telling the game that on this save I should have a Kerbal named Duncan Kerman, but the truth is that there's a Duncan Mikkers instead.

Edited by MarcRan17
think I found the issue

Also, now that I think I've solved my problem, is there any way of editing the number of mission a Kerbal has been on? Where is that value even stored?

Just add a line

9.9999 L+ Kerbal Name

9.9999 M+ Kerbal Name

for each mission. Replace 9.9999 with any timestamp you prefer (it determines the length of the mission) and keep all timestamps in ascending order.

But a question for all: Any issues with 64 bit? I have replaced my development installation with 32 bit, because on 64 bit every second or third save, it gets corrupted (game crashes on load). I don't know if FF (my current, not yet released version) or any other mod is causing this or its just vanilla behavior on 64 bit.

Just add a line

9.9999 L+ Kerbal Name

9.9999 M+ Kerbal Name

for each mission. Replace 9.9999 with any timestamp you prefer (it determines the length of the mission) and keep all timestamps in ascending order.

But a question for all: Any issues with 64 bit? I have replaced my development installation with 32 bit, because on 64 bit every second or third save, it gets corrupted (game crashes on load). I don't know if FF (my current, not yet released version) or any other mod is causing this or its just vanilla behavior on 64 bit.

I was playing with it just fine. The only issue I had was with my ship falling apart (which was KJR). No other issues so far.

EDIT: Not sure if it is the same thing, after a while of playing, vessel recovery stopped working and going to buildings stopped working unless I routed to the VAB from the launch pad, but even then it was glitchy. Maybe that is what you are talking about, not sure though.

Edited by Gawdin

EDIT: Not sure if it is the same thing, after a while of playing, vessel recovery stopped working and going to buildings stopped working unless I routed to the VAB from the launch pad, but even then it was glitchy. Maybe that is what you are talking about, not sure though.

No. My issues were completely different. Started KSP, testing FF and closing the KSP window afterwards. Often next reload of a game results in a popup window "game crashed". I first thought FF is broken, but after a few hours <sic> I realized, that this is probatly a bug of KSP or another installed mod.

Edited by Nereid

Have you considered using ippo's CrewFiles for per-Kerbal storage?

Well no. It has a major drawback: Not that easy to edit for the user and for me. This make debugging way more complicated. Perhaps if it supports some kind of fast indexed and versioned access and the option to save load in and out XML files it would be sufficient. Second, for the normal usage I really dont want a save file integration. May this is an option later on (but it would always be an option). But I need an easy way to restore a hall of fame a few saves ago and a time indexed access for each kerbal and for all (linked together). So it's not that easy to integrate my data structures with a framework. I have not checked this, but I doubt CrewFiles will suffice all those requirements.

And myabe I missed something in the KSP API, but I didn't found a unique identifier for a kerbal. So I have choosen the name (which is of course not mathematical unique). To find a way to identify a kerbal is still on my TODO list. FF can't handle renames at the moment.

Edited by Nereid

Awesome! Thanks! And really, I'm sorry for troubling you with a bug that probably isn't even FF, that I introduced through my own careless save file editing. I appreciate your taking time to investigate it though!

No problem. We can't be sure its caused by FF without analyzing it. Sometimes, I can't reproduce an issue and than I can't do much, but I will try.

But a question for all: Any issues with 64 bit?

Unfortunately yes here. I had to remove FF as part of tracking down some regular crashing of KSP 64. I'll get back to you once I have some more useful data for you.

Love the mod chap. Thank you.

Unfortunately yes here. I had to remove FF as part of tracking down some regular crashing of KSP 64. I'll get back to you once I have some more useful data for you.

Love the mod chap. Thank you.

A report would be appreciated. I'm currently tracking down some problems with my 32 bit installation. Vanilla works, with my regular mods installed KSP hangs very often. And FF is not causing this (removed first). I'm not using 64bit at the moment. Until the crashes I had used a 64 bit version for testing.

Unfortunately I'm out for business fromfriday to end of next week. Maybe on weekend I would be able to give support if FF creates some issues with 64. My issues with 64bit are save game related and FF isn't altering the save game in any way (but it may do things that cause a corrupt save in some other way; I don't believe so, but I can't 100% sure about this).

I have had a bug crop up in my new save game, which is 64 bit, but Im not really sure it is related to it being 64 bit.

anyway. One of my kerbals has just been awarded the fast orbit (less than 120 seconds to orbit) ribbon, completely in error. he was part of a mission which launched with 3, single man pods on a single rocket. once the ship was on orbit, the pods were decoupled from the main vehicle. This particular kerbal has done a lot of EVAs during the course of the mission, and apparently between two EVAs he received the fast orbit ribbon.

Here is the kicker. The way he got it was by performing a deorbit burn, putting the main vehicle he and another pod were attached to on a sub orbital trajectory, Pe at -5km. He then decoupled and performed another burn, prograde and radial out, which brought his Pe back up to 70km (neat way I got to do testing on several parts and do a rescue mission all with one launch. needed to be suborbital for testing).

Anyway, he didnt have a fast time to orbit, he just briefly (less than a minute) had a negative periapsis. And then corrected it with another burn.

I would love to know how to remove that from his log and remove the award, but it might be the sort of bug that could be fixed too : ) hope so.

Cheers for providing this btw, FF is a must have for my KSP install!

Here is the kicker. The way he got it was by performing a deorbit burn, putting the main vehicle he and another pod were attached to on a sub orbital trajectory, Pe at -5km. He then decoupled and performed another burn, prograde and radial out, which brought his Pe back up to 70km (neat way I got to do testing on several parts and do a rescue mission all with one launch. needed to be suborbital for testing).

Thanks. That is a really useful observation. I will try to prevent this kind of "cheating" in the next release.

EDIT: I have found the mod that causes my issues with 32 bit (not 64bit thats another story): Infernal robotics from magic Smoke Industries. If this mod is installed, any launch from space center that will be re

EDIT2: My fault. Curse has given me an outdated version. :-\verted to assembly platform will cause KSP to hang. Now I try this with vanilla and if this happens in vanilla too, I will report this to the author of the mod. About 2 hours of work just because of this...

Edited by Nereid

Well, I found the revocation button and used it. Ribner Kerman has been stripped of his Fast Orbit Award, due to negligence in the awarding offices' performance in determining his deservedness of it.

Is there a way I can add more custom ribbons beyond the 20 provided?

Is there a way I can add more custom ribbons beyond the 20 provided?

Not at the moment. But you can change the graphics easily (some of the ribbons are just placeholders).

EDIT: And its not the right moment to implement this. Let's wait how things are evolving with 0.24 and fix any bugs first (like the one you have reported). If you need more custom ribbons, I can add another 10 or so in the next release.

Edited by Nereid

Ok, I have found the bug, but no solution yet:

public override bool Check(VesselState previous, VesselState current)
{
// we need a previous vessel state
if (previous == null) return false;
// only new orbits count
if (!current.InOrbit || previous.InOrbit) return false;
// only orbits around kerbin count
if (!current.MainBody.IsKerbin()) return false;
// mission take too long...
if (current.MissionTime >= value) return false;
// orbit established around kerbin in less than <value> seconds
return true;
}

It seems, that decoupling starts a new mission and resets the mission time for that vessel. I will check if I can use Vessel.launchTime instead. But this has to wait until weekend.

I have found one bug myself: Landing a vessel in water will give the Mach 10 ribbon. It seems that any altitude below sea level will give weird mach results if FAR isn't installed. Fix should be ready this weekend.

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.