[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Will simply removing the graphic for the ribbon prevent it being awarded. I would perfer not to award Kerbin landing and EVA ribbons in my games.

No. If you delete the ribbons, FF will crash. But maybe I can add such a feature as a intermediate solution in the next release. Wait until sunday.

Edited by Nereid

Any issues with 64 bit?

Ive been running x64 linux this whole time .23.5 and .24

No issues other than possibly errant ribbon awards that I thought might be because I'm on x64, but no crashes. I think the linux might still be more stable honestly, just about everything on win x32 works fine in x64 linux no issues.

Hi. I installed this yesterday - it is good fun :)

I got it off Curse as I cannot establish a connection to nereid42.de

Is the link on the OP broken? I would like to use the FAR extension.

Ive been running x64 linux this whole time .23.5 and .24

No issues other than possibly errant ribbon awards that I thought might be because I'm on x64, but no crashes. I think the linux might still be more stable honestly, just about everything on win x32 works fine in x64 linux no issues.

Thanks. It seems that another mod is causing this. At first I had absolutely no issues with 64 bit but after adding a few mods to check compatibility with FF I got corrupted saves every few game starts. had no time to analyze what mod is causing this yet. But this was very annoying so I decided to switch back to 32 bit. All issues were gone then.

Hi. I installed this yesterday - it is good fun :)

I got it off Curse as I cannot establish a connection to nereid42.de

Is the link on the OP broken? I would like to use the FAR extension.

The link works for me. nereid42.de is my private home page. If you really want to use FAR, wait until weekend. I will publish a version without those FARadapter.dll then.

I've noticed a typo in the change log: "Grant Tour" should read "Grand Tour". Not sure if that typo is in the actual plugin as well since I don't use it.

Thanks for reporting. I will fix it in the next release.

I have added all currently known and approved bugs on the first page.

Edited by Nereid

Hi, great mod! Use it now all the time. But I was very surprised that there are no ribbons for Spaceplane Achievements (first to fly into orbit, landing safely etc.). Why is that? Sorry if i missed some conversations about this topic in other postings, but i am new to the final frontier :)

Thanx anyway!

Tests on x64 KSP:

Current System:

Windows 8.1

i7 3.4 GHz 3770 CPU

12 Gb RAM

GeForce GT630

Stable Mods:

Note: All of these mods do not use Blizzy’s Toolbar and Module Manager.

Note: Have not had a crash with these mods installed.

ALCOR

Aviation Lights

EVE

Chatterer

Engineer

Enhanced Navball

FASA

HL Airships

HL Squid

KW Rockets

Mechjeb

Navball DAI

Precise Node

Protractor

RCS Build Aid

Speedy’s Hex Truss

Kerbal Alarm Clock

DERP

Test Procedures:

Install Clean Copy of KSP

Add stable mods

Add 1 mod

Load Game and Play through at least 1 launch

Record observations

On crash, record output log, remove mod

Record observations

Install mod onto separate clean copy of KSP (Only that mod)

Record observations

Repeat for each mod

Mod List and Observations:

Final Frontier version 5.3:

Crash on loading screen at the end of splash screen. Never makes it to main menu.

Removed mod and toolbar, game plays normally.

On clean install, FF and Toolbar work normally.

Output Log:

https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&aut...lJvWEhfMTNxckk

Hope this helps solve the problem. I love the mod.

Goblin

Put this in the Add-on support thread. Just wanted to make sure Nereid saw the post.

Goblin

But this is quite strange:

[LOG 00:45:00.408] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[EXC 00:45:00.409] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.420] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.475] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.612] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.624] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.637] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.647] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.655] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.663] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.670] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.678] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.692] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.709] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.726] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:45:00.742] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 00:45:00.894] FF: destroying Final Frontier

But I still have no clue, what is causing this... Are these exceptions still present in your current log?

I also get those NREs. If I look at KSP_Data/output_log.txt, there is more info:

...snip...
FF: adding toolbar buttons

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)
...snip...

The NRE is in Clouds.Clouds.Update() ... ? I do have Environmental Visual Effects installed - I assume that's who the Clouds are, but I don't know why they'd be calling update repeatedly while you are adding toolbar buttons, unless you're calling some update methods that's indirectly triggering them.

Hey, quick question. Can I delete all but the highest-numbered halloffame file in my save folder? I've got a program that keeps backups of my persistence files so between that and all of the FF saves, it's getting a bit crowded.

Blu3wolf your lingo makes you sound like a fighter pilot. I pictured a short green kerbal in a green flight suit talking with his hands when you explained that mission.

thats a pretty powerful mental image actually, would make a pretty cool cinematic - Kerbin Air Force briefing room being used by the Kerbal Space Program... powerpoint presentation in the background...

Ok, I have found the bug, but no solution yet:

public override bool Check(VesselState previous, VesselState current)
{
// we need a previous vessel state
if (previous == null) return false;
// only new orbits count
if (!current.InOrbit || previous.InOrbit) return false;
// only orbits around kerbin count
if (!current.MainBody.IsKerbin()) return false;
// mission take too long...
if (current.MissionTime >= value) return false;
// orbit established around kerbin in less than <value> seconds
return true;
}

It seems, that decoupling starts a new mission and resets the mission time for that vessel. I will check if I can use Vessel.launchTime instead. But this has to wait until weekend.

well, decoupling in this case created a second mission, because there was 3 command pods. Once one is decoupled then it starts its own mission, and the other two stay on the old mission and keep the old craft name. The new mission gets a new craft name too.

Nereid,

No idea if this has been suggested recently or already (and I've been on vacation for a month so I've not been reading most forum posts... sorry), but would you consider adding a setting for the number of halloffame.ksp backups you keep? I know you've currently got it hard-coded to 9 on line 17 of Persistence.cs, but backing off of it just a bit (without recompiling) would help keep some clutter down for us neat freaks. ;) (Plus each one of those you write gets uploaded to my Dropbox.... and counts against # of files for filesystem versioning, etc.)

No rush, and it's certainly something I can take care of myself (as I've already done). Just another thing to add to the list of "million paper cuts", ah, no, make that "list of things to maybe do when not too terribly busy."

Otherwise, I'm having zero issues on OS-X with KSP 24.0+ with the latest version.

Cheers.

but would you consider adding a setting for the number of halloffame.ksp backups you keep? I know you've currently got it hard-coded to 9 on line 17 of Persistence.cs, but backing off of it just a bit (without recompiling) would help keep some clutter down for us neat freaks.

It's already on my todo list.

Otherwise, I'm having zero issues on OS-X with KSP 24.0+ with the latest version.

Thanks for reporting. It seems my 64 bit development install has some mod incompatibilities...

Is there a way to change the g-force ribbon so that is only awarded after the said # of Gs is sustained for a period of time, like 5 or 10 seconds?

That would be a little more difficult.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.