[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Well .24 will be 64bit, I don't think there will be a need to split it up.

Is this true!? Really! I can use my 8GB computer and run like fifty mods without getting ATM or texture reduction, or having to set the texture resolution to half or quarter?

Can someone provide me with a link to the dev post that says this?

Fixed for v3.08. Although I didn't notice any difference with the behavior of the left landing gear. If you hit too hard it will dislodge itself. It's a KSP thing really. That spot on the wing is really thin, so any rubberband movement will show.

Well, there is a difference. The node size gives different strength. A .5m node is weaker then a 1m node, 2m is stronger then 1m and so on. The nodes to match in order to get the most strength out of them, otherwise you could get that breaking off.

Edited by GoldForest

Is this true!? Really! I can use my 8GB computer and run like fifty mods without getting ATM or texture reduction, or having to set the texture resolution to half or quarter?

Can someone provide me with a link to the dev post that says this?

Read what harverster said :)

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/89806845949/devnote-tuesdays-the-back-in-experimentals-edition

Finally! Yes! Thank you Squad! Thank you! I can play KSP without help from mods!

A list of mods I'm going to get for .24

B9

Aies

Nova Punch

KSO

FASA

Heck! All the mods!

After that all they have to do is improve ingame performance and it would be perfect :P. Using a single core is still too much of a bottleneck.

After that all they have to do is improve ingame performance and it would be perfect :P. Using a single core is still too much of a bottleneck.

Yeah. I have a quad core laptop and a duo core desktop. The laptop is an AMD and the desktop is Intel.

Multi threading would also be nice. They do have multi threading, but it's limited multi threading.

Also, I think the performance issue was with the 32 bit. I think it has limitations other than the GB range.

Edit: Did some searching around. Yeah 32 bit system limits the multi threading while 64 bit lets it fly to a certain point.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2009/07/08/3261309.aspx

Edited by GoldForest

@Helldiver/Nazari

kso25_dre.cfg has some errors in it:

The left/right gear does not reference the correct part name so these parts have no heat shielding.

I also suggest that you move from an ablative configuration to reflective only, which would mean no ablative material. (and correspondingly more payload mass)

I'm already working on a patch for myself so it would be little trouble for me to adapt that to a replacement kso25_dre.cfg if you'd like.

@Helldiver/Nazari

kso25_dre.cfg has some errors in it:

The left/right gear does not reference the correct part name so these parts have no heat shielding.

I also suggest that you move from an ablative configuration to reflective only, which would mean no ablative material. (and correspondingly more payload mass)

I'm already working on a patch for myself so it would be little trouble for me to adapt that to a replacement kso25_dre.cfg if you'd like.

If you could post that sometime soon, that'd be great. I'm planning on uploading 3.08 tonight.

If you could post that sometime soon, that'd be great. I'm planning on uploading 3.08 tonight.

Nice, TRUCKS GALORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still trying to get a hold of Ferram or some one that knows the ins and outs of FAR to get a config will continue to watch the FAR thread and maybe message Ferram if I get no response.

Testing it now and making sure everything got shielding.

It's also MM 2.1.5 compatible meaning its configs execute during a dedicated KSO pass.

Also, if Real Solar Systems is installed, shields get a buff.

From using the 64bit hacked version everything ran better launches where smooth and not a slide show no memory cap was great watching the Kso take off with full graphics and no ATM was awesome. Official 64 bit will bring nice performance increase that currently plague many of us with mods and low memory cap

From using the 64bit hacked version everything ran better launches where smooth and not a slide show no memory cap was great watching the Kso take off with full graphics and no ATM was awesome. Official 64 bit will bring nice performance increase that currently plague many of us with mods and low memory cap

I'm telling you!

So Im getting some odd errors in the log:

http://i.imgur.com/OYOn9mY.png

Ive seen these errors for (so far) the tug, the standard sized docking port, and the observation module. It doesnt seem to affect anything (as far as playing the station goes.) The tug still functions. The observation module still functions and the docking ports still work.

So Im getting some odd errors in the log:

http://i.imgur.com/OYOn9mY.png

Ive seen these errors for (so far) the tug, the standard sized docking port, and the observation module. It doesnt seem to affect anything (as far as playing the station goes.) The tug still functions. The observation module still functions and the docking ports still work.

Ignore those. They are safe.

Most modules are assigned to a part in a cfg file, (even a Module Manager file)

sometimes though, they are added by a plugin. In its code with a function named AddModule()

That means there are an excess of modules to what was defined, and it triggers code that looks for modules that werent configured in a file. The numbering may seem odd sometimes because the first module is #0, and not #1.

So, I just did a full liftoff and reentry with the Super 25 and spotted a few issues along the way.

But before I talk about my experience I'll preface it by saying I use both FAR and DRE.

The first is one that I know has been reported here and that is the fact that the LRB separation destroys the EFT because it overheats (not sure what's going on with it/why it happens). This meant I had to cut my missions short, so I did a once around type abort procedure. On reentry, I lost both my stabilizers even though I was angled between 10-15 degrees nose up (I'd be more like 20 degrees if it were possible to angle up that high). I don't know why they burned up. They should have been shielded. The last thing that I noticed is that it's too agile in the atmosphere. It moves too quickly when it should move much more sluggishly. I almost lost it in the lower atmosphere because it started flipping around all crazy. I barely regained control before it got too low. I was able to ditch in the water without too much trouble, but without both my stabilizers it was definitely a challenge.

Ignore those. They are safe.

Most modules are assigned to a part in a cfg file, (even a Module Manager file)

sometimes though, they are added by a plugin. In its code with a function named AddModule()

That means there are an excess of modules to what was defined, and it triggers code that looks for modules that werent configured in a file. The numbering may seem odd sometimes because the first module is #0, and not #1.

Like I said, everything functions, so I just thought I'd put it so helldiver could see.

~~~

In other news I launched another part of my space station today using my Space Launch System Block 2:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

So, I just did a full liftoff and reentry with the Super 25 and spotted a few issues along the way.

But before I talk about my experience I'll preface it by saying I use both FAR and DRE.

The first is one that I know has been reported here and that is the fact that the LRB separation destroys the EFT because it overheats (not sure what's going on with it/why it happens). This meant I had to cut my missions short, so I did a once around type abort procedure. On reentry, I lost both my stabilizers even though I was angled between 10-15 degrees nose up (I'd be more like 20 degrees if it were possible to angle up that high). I don't know why they burned up. They should have been shielded. The last thing that I noticed is that it's too agile in the atmosphere. It moves too quickly when it should move much more sluggishly. I almost lost it in the lower atmosphere because it started flipping around all crazy. I barely regained control before it got too low. I was able to ditch in the water without too much trouble, but without both my stabilizers it was definitely a challenge.

I'm working on some alternate configs and I'll take a look at the shielded status of the rudder.

It might just be that its center is too high up and it's canted out too far to the side to be considered as shielded at a10 degree pitch up. not sure how FAR affects things other than your ability to pitch up. the KSO25 doesnt have FAR configs yet so maybe thats part of it too...

I'm working on some alternate configs and I'll take a look at the shielded status of the rudder.

It might just be that its center is too high up and it's canted out too far to the side to be considered as shielded at a10 degree pitch up. not sure how FAR affects things other than your ability to pitch up. the KSO25 doesnt have FAR configs yet so maybe thats part of it too...

Actually there are comented out FAR perimeters in the two wings and the two pieces that go to the wings, but there is none on the rest of the super 25 parts that i seen. IDK what to do with that stuff and didn't want to break it, so if you get a chance take a look.

Actually there are comented out FAR perimeters in the two wings and the two pieces that go to the wings, but there is none on the rest of the super 25 parts that i seen. IDK what to do with that stuff and didn't want to break it, so if you get a chance take a look.

I have actually, what I think that is is just placeholder stuff copied out of the small KSO (KSO... what? Junior? Chibi?)

Let me know if you need any help testing or creating these alternate configs. I'd love to do my best to help out. But yeah, it was a strange reentry and it took forever because I gained lift in the upper atmosphere and raised my periapsis again. That's the one thing I dislike about KSO reentries.

KSOS v3.08

-Please report if you have errors using Alt+F2. In particularly a spamming "d0" error that may show up.

-Adds PFD to the ADI MFD screen on KSO Super 25

-Includes some fixes to the landing gear. I will be testing these further,

Edited by helldiver

KSOS v3.08

-Please report if you have errors using Alt+F2. In particularly a spamming "d0" error that may show up.

-Adds PFD to the ADI MFD screen

Helldiver, dtobi just updated KM_Gimbal, you may want to check it out for the next version... dont know if it will matter or not.

Helldiver, dtobi just updated KM_Gimbal, you may want to check it out for the next version... dont know if it will matter or not.

Check changelog. Unless you mean he updated it again since earlier today?

Check changelog. Unless you mean he updated it again since earlier today?

Nope, that was the one... I only saw the change log in your post above, which doesnt reference the gimbal update, while the one in the OP does.

KSOS v3.08

-Adds PFD to the ADI MFD screen on KSO Super 25

Aw, looks like that's it for the LE Livery. I even added support for it in the windows installer script I'm working on. Ah well.