[0.23]Baha. Parts for Extraplanetary Launchpads v1.2 (3/2/14)

BahamutoD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed a weird bug with the expanding containers on .25 32 bit. They act like they have a negative value of 20000. The rocketparts printer also seemed to have a negative value. Anyone else seeing this?

I looked at the config files and they seem normal but it's only these parts that are doing it.

I noticed a weird bug with the expanding containers on .25 32 bit. They act like they have a negative value of 20000. The rocketparts printer also seemed to have a negative value. Anyone else seeing this?

I looked at the config files and they seem normal but it's only these parts that are doing it.

The "cost" set in the config file is the cost of the part and a full load of resources. If the configured cost is less than the value of a full load of resources, then the empty cost of the part goes negative. This has affected quite a few mods that have parts that start empty.

The "cost" set in the config file is the cost of the part and a full load of resources. If the configured cost is less than the value of a full load of resources, then the empty cost of the part goes negative. This has affected quite a few mods that have parts that start empty.

That seems like a strange issue considering that the normal EPL tanks have a positive value empty or full.

I'll try playing with the cost in the config and see if I can fix it. (seems cheaty to get a refund of almost 900,000 for launching a ship.

That seems like a strange issue considering that the normal EPL tanks have a positive value empty or full.

I'll try playing with the cost in the config and see if I can fix it. (seems cheaty to get a refund of almost 900,000 for launching a ship.

If you look at the cost that an empty EPL tank adds to your rocket in the VAB and compare it to the cost in the same part's config file, I think you'll see that the cost in the config is indeed the cost of a full tank.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I am experimenting with this mod. Untill now everything is working fine but the augers (I have tested only the small one). This is my setup:

• KSP 0.90 for Win 32bit
  • BahamutoD Animation Modules 0.5.2
  • EPL 5.1.2
  • EPL -> Regolith Adaptation .30
  • Karbonite 0.5.5

At first it didn't do anything but after adding this

@PART[bahaEPLsmAuger]
{
MODULE
{
name = REGO_ModuleResourceHarvester
HarvesterType = 0
Efficiency = 1
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge,6
ResourceName = Ore
ConverterName = Ore Drill
StartActionName = Start Ore Drill
StopActionName = Stop Ore Drill
}
}

to "\GameData\WombatConverions\EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg" it started to mine ore. The problem is that there isn't any animation. The drill is working because I can see ore increasing but the drill remains un-deployed.

If you need some other infos please tell me.

Edited by LastStarDust

After a lot of delving into baha code and kerbal forum I came out with the fact that you need kethane to run bahamuto drills and containers animation.

Is there out there some modulemanager file to get rid of this kethane dependency?

Hello,

I am experimenting with this mod. Untill now everything is working fine but the augers (I have tested only the small one). This is my setup:

• KSP 0.90 for Win 32bit
  • BahamutoD Animation Modules 0.5.2
  • EPL 5.1.2
  • EPL -> Regolith Adaptation .30
  • Karbonite 0.5.5

At first it didn't do anything but after adding this

@PART[bahaEPLsmAuger]
{
MODULE
{
name = REGO_ModuleResourceHarvester
HarvesterType = 0
Efficiency = 1
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge,6
ResourceName = Ore
ConverterName = Ore Drill
StartActionName = Start Ore Drill
StopActionName = Stop Ore Drill
}
}

to "\GameData\WombatConverions\EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg" it started to mine ore. The problem is that there isn't any animation. The drill is working because I can see ore increasing but the drill remains un-deployed.

If you need some other infos please tell me.

• 1 month later...
That folding launchpad is more applicable than ever. It handles quite a bit of weight and can fit in a shroud.

Throwing a 0.90 working folding launchpad into 1.0 makes a launchpad with attachment nodes that don't work at all. Sad day. It was worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this for EPL's drills upgrade. The bits look great and the deploy is pretty cool.

One problem: It doesn't work with the mod!

It won't extract MetalOre from the ground. What am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of installation process I did wrong? I just extracted the zip to the gamedata folder and the parts appear but when I try to use the auger there's nothing beyond "deploy auger" there's no "start surface mining" or anything. I think I did something wrong but I don't know what. Someone please help. Thanks.

I got this for EPL's drills upgrade. The bits look great and the deploy is pretty cool.

One problem: It doesn't work with the mod!

It won't extract MetalOre from the ground. What am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of installation process I did wrong? I just extracted the zip to the gamedata folder and the parts appear but when I try to use the auger there's nothing beyond "deploy auger" there's no "start surface mining" or anything. I think I did something wrong but I don't know what. Someone please help. Thanks.

You most likely didnt do anything wrong. These parts arnt updated for the latest version of EPL.

You should "theoretically" be able to just add the new EPL extraction module to the drill via ModuleManager. and it should work.

@PART[bahaEPLXLAuger]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
!MODULE[KethaneExtractor]
MODULE
{
name = ExExtractor
ResourceName = MetalOre
Rate = 4
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = ElectricCharge
Ratio = 24
}
}
}
@PART[bahaEPLsmAuger]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
!MODULE[KethaneExtractor]
MODULE
{
name = ExExtractor
ResourceName = MetalOre
Rate = 2
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = ElectricCharge
Ratio = 15
}
}
}

If you dont know how to create a modulemanager file, all you do is paste the above code into a blank text file, save it into your GameData directory , (Make sure to save it as a .cfg file, and select all files from the drop down box , so it doesnt save it as txt. )ModuleManager mod required obviously.

No guarantees on this to work, i dont have Kethane to test it out, as the drills have a dependence on kethane for particle stuff, and animations. But it should :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.