Quick Hello

MikeBenton

I found out about KSP from a G+ video a friend posted and have been addicted since.

Some notable accomplishments thus far:

-used Kerbal EVA to push a small ship into a better orbit

-got back from Minmus using much less fuel than needed by orbiting Kerbin enough times to have the orbit pulled on by Mun

-Land Speed record of 175m/s of a rover using stock landing gears and a jet engine. This is without any buggy tech. Managed to traverse about 30km before it suddenly 'sploded. Poor Jeb.

-I have some probes floating around the system that never made it where intended. Someday I'll retrieve them.

-Built a VT Plane on day because I didn't want to wait. It worked! just needed parachutes to land.

I'm a fan of SSTO and have made that a priority. Trying to make better SSTO launchers to build larger interstellar craft in orbit. So far I can only manage a few tons.

Edited by MikeBenton

I have some probes floating around the system that never made it where intended. Someday I'll retrieve them.

Don't bother. History tells us that they will mate with alien probes out there and return with amazing new powers, looking for their creators.

Welcome to the game and the forum. :)

Some notable accomplishments thus far:

-used Kerbal EVA to push a small ship into a better orbit

-got back from Minmus using much less fuel than needed by orbiting Kerbin enough times to have the orbit pulled on by Mun

-Land Speed record of 175m/s of a rover using stock landing gears and a jet engine. This is without any buggy tech. Managed to traverse about 30km before it suddenly 'sploded. Poor Jeb.

-I have some probes floating around the system that never made it where intended. Someday I'll retrieve them.

-Built a VT Plane on day because I didn't want to wait. It worked! just needed parachutes to land.

You sound like a pro! And you just bought the game? That's impressive. :)

Welcome to the forums and happy flying!

Don't bother. History tells us that they will mate with alien probes out there and return with amazing new powers, looking for their creators.

Welcome to the game and the forum. :)

Thank you, I was thinking VGER too. It has 639 dV left on an elliptical orbit that oscillates between Kerbin and Duna. One of these days it'll line up and BAM.

You sound like a pro! And you just bought the game? That's impressive. :)

Welcome to the forums and happy flying!

Thanks! I've found I'm a bit obsessed with it. It's encouraging to see how much everyone has done considering it's only Rocket Science. I did the above without MechJeb, once I was able to do things like orbit, dock, return, transfer, circularize, etc only then would I use MechJeb for those tasks.

Since last post:

-Space station plus fuel pod docked in space

-installed SCAN Sat and have mapped Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Eve, Duna, Ike

-Built a few SSTOs (started with CruzanAK's tutorial on Youtube) I'm working on a cargo SSTO but it doesn't make me happy yet

-SSTO to Minmus and back

-made a miniRover with roll cage that can hold a Kerbal inside the Strut. It tends to flip now and then.

-have become quite proficient at the ION engine (into and out of circularized orbits) and am starting to get the hang of aerobraking

What's next?

-launch SCANsats for the remaining bodies in the Kerbol System (I have another enroute to EVE, I forgot to stop at Gilly before mapping EVE, then crashed my probe to get some atmospheric data)

-visit all the anomalies in the Kerbin System

-finish off the list of biomes

-finish that cargo SSTO. I want to use it to lift the landers/rovers for Mun/Minmus.

Note: the land speed was 129m/s I just looked at the screeny.

Javascript is disabled. View full album