A Sci Fi Short Film

Highlad

So I'm a filmmaker, thats what I do when I'm not playing KSP.

But I really do love physics and space, more so since I started playing KSP! as such, I figured I could combine my love for space with my passion for film and make a Science Fiction film!

I got together with a friend of mine who also loves this genre and together we came up with an epic script. Now all we need is the funding to make the short film, and we can go ahead and create it!

If you want to check out our Indigogo page, Click Here!

A question I would like to ask though, is, as a player of a space game that (fairly accurately) recreates our universe, what would you like to see in a scifi film? I know that when Gravity came out I was always complaining about how wrong it was. Is this an issue for you when you watch movies? Your opinions are valued!

I would like to see a carefully-crafted world, and characters, consistent at least to some degree. Well thought-out, realistically considered settings that fit their characters and vice-versa are, I find, much more interesting than following the same old SFnal tropes that have been rehashed fifteen billion times over the past 40 years.

More rantingly, I would love to see a realistic SF story that has, ah, heart. Glory and terror and the troubles with going out and exploring the cosmos are nice themes, but I think they are a bit overrated as subjects of focus for sci-fi. Not everybody in a world will live in great glory or terror or experience the tribulations of being a pioneering explorer on some world virgin to the advances of humankind, nor are those the only stories that have the capacity to be interesting. Many people are just going to be living their lives out in a very different world from our own, however different the world is from ours because of technology and social forces of the setting. I would love to see some stories that tell the less overtly adventuresome side of the world of tomorrow, or an alien planet, or whatever, fleshing out the world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.