[Ongoing Dev] [0.23.5] Modular Kolonization System v0.16 (RELEASE) [05-10-2014]

RoverDude

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but off the top of my head, you need an inflatable agricultural module for the composter and habitat to function.

Or am I thinking of the Terraformer?

You need a habring for composter and kerbitat, ag module for purifier and greenhouse

Hello, is this mod working for the current version of KSP? I am running the game on steam...and when start the game it says incompatible mods detected (CrossFeedEnabler, firespitter, KAS, KSPAPIExtensions). i made my orbital station, it doesnt show the governor option, nor does it show that it is working. Maybe my base is not connected correctly? how do the modules connect with one another? here is a screenshot of my base:

thisone.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
That would be my guess too. KAS hasnt been updated by Majiir yet, but there are unoffcial DLL's that Somnambulist posted that should correct most problems being experiences with KAS>

KAS has been updated to 0.4.8. A new thread was started. KospY came to save the day.

I am having so much trouble using this mod. I am completely lost in terms of how to first start off, transporting and connecting these bases. This seems like such an incredible mod but if people don't know how to use it then it is for naught.

Anyway someone can make a few video tutorials showing off the basics to getting started? Sadly the wiki tutorial isnt all that helpful. A video tutorial would so much more helpful.

Can anyone help me?

• 1 month later...

The model for the expando tubes are the wrong way round. The side with the alien vent style image on never gets seen except for in the vab. The part with the size (2m, 4m, 8m?) however is always on the outside, clearly visible on any tube not currently in use.

The model for the expando tubes are the wrong way round. The side with the alien vent style image on never gets seen except for in the vab. The part with the size (2m, 4m, 8m?) however is always on the outside, clearly visible on any tube not currently in use.

Actually, that's by design so you can see how long a tube will extend when they are attached in the VAB. No point in the label if it is not clearly visible ;)

Actually, that's by design so you can see how long a tube will extend when they are attached in the VAB. No point in the label if it is not clearly visible ;)

Looks a bit silly though, surely it could just tell you on the right click menu?

I disagree, but w/e.

Is there a cosmetic version of this mod for people who don't want all the repeated factories etc?

You seem to misunderstand the phrase 'a matter of opinion'.

No, there's not a cosmetic version with less parts out there. You can always delete the ones you don't want.

Yeah sorry you're right it is a matter of opinion on how it looks, but it would objectively be better to have it in the right click menu.

I disagree. The visual cues, in my opinion (and in my experience, as well as based on user feedback), are a lot more user friendly than having to right click on parts, especially as you're setting one of these up.

Right clicking takes only a second to do, would tell you the same information, and as a change would only effect certain times during construction by making things take marginally longer. Where as the visual numbers are always there to make things look ugly. It's your mod though dude do w/e you want.

Right clicking takes only a second to do, would tell you the same information, and as a change would only effect certain times during construction by making things take marginally longer. Where as the visual numbers are always there to make things look ugly. It's your mod though dude do w/e you want.

Yes, 'whatever'. The numbers by the way are invisible when the tube is attached given that their point is to put two things together... hence, your premise has no basis.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...