"Ignore Thread" option

Superfluous J

Would it be possible to add this feature to the forum? There are a lot of very popular threads that I have posted in in the past that I no longer have any interest in. They keep showing up telling me "there are new posts and you posted before" and I'd find the boards more easily browsable if I could set them to not show up.

A quick Google search yielded this: Ignore Thread. Seems to be a simple install though I'm not a site admin :)

They don't pop up. They show up on the list theads I look through every time I visit the site. They also show up in the main lists for the forum pages but I don't use those on a regular basis.

Maybe it would help to explain how I use this forum. It's how I use every forum and it's a very productive, clean, easy, and compact way to keep up to date without all that mucking about with subscribing. I have a bookmark that is this url:

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

This url takes me to a "search" of all threads that have updated since the last time I've visited. Those I've posted in have a symbol next to them. Those I've not do not. I peruse ALL of those links by name to see if I want to read them, but I pay special attention to those marked as "you posted here" because someone may have asked a question, pointed out a fallacy in something I said, or whatnot and I'd like to see and deal with that as appropriate. However, many times threads devolve and are no longer useful, or I commented on them months ago and they are very popular yet not of interest to me.

If I were to only utilize the subscription feature, I'd not have a link to all new posts. If I were to utilize the subscription feature and also use this link, I'd double the pages to view and still see the threads I don't want to see. So subscriptions are at best redundant and at worst restrictive, and are work to set up and maintain to boot.

So I'd like to keep using the forum as I am, with the added option to hide certain threads from it so I they don't keep bugging me. Is it a horrible thing that I can't live with any more? No. Is it an annoyance I'd like to do without? Yes. I'll still browse the forums regardless, but I'd be a little happier with something like this in place :)

Ahh I see what you mean now. Indeed vBulletin does not have this option, and I can't find a mod that accomplishes this either. Plus, installing a mod on the forums brings the same problems as installing a mod for KSP: when it comes time to update your software, mods may be broken. However, I did manage to track down a solution for you: Greasemonkey. Greasmonkey is an addon for Mozilla Firefox, which is also supported up to some degree by other major browsers such as Chrome and Opera and allows you to run scripts that alter websites. Someone made a Greasemonkey script that should fit your needs here: https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/120455

Let me know if it works!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.