So, no conspiracy theories allowed huh?

WindShieIds

Thank *insert favorite deity* indeed.

I used to argue with the conspiracy dudes at ATS for fun a few years back, but many are so stubborn and removed from reality, I gave up after a while. In fact, I gave up after that silly Mayan apocalypse where I spent months leading up to the "event" telling people they're stupid for buying into that crap (mostly because it's all made up, and the part that isn't, comes from people who believed the earth floats on the back of an alligator floating in a lily pond supported by giant columns)...and when nothing happened and I rejoiced in my "told you so" moment, all I got was a "will still happen...later".

Conspiracies exist...but unless they're backed up by FACTS they're pure speculation.

You know, the bit with the "end of the Mayan calender" was rather ridiculous. All it meant was that they were going to need a new calender. It's like reaching "December 31st" on the little paper one on the wall and expecting the end of the Universe.

You know, the bit with the "end of the Mayan calender" was rather ridiculous. All it meant was that they were going to need a new calender. It's like reaching "December 31st" on the little paper one on the wall and expecting the end of the Universe.

Yup, they never said the world will end...it's basically just a calendar that rolls over to a new cycle. Try telling that to someone who doesn't care about logic or facts though :P

NDT explained it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HghEBxHvgg‎

Or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UPTOvHtrs‎

Trouble is, what is or is not a conspiracy theory is very open to interpretation.

Don't scoff at the Mayan Calendar thing though. On that date, the worst thing that could possibly happen, happened. Absolutely nothing changed.

This kind of saddens me though. There's a lot of things I'd like the opportunity to discuss with people who have an average intelligence level that is higher than Yahoo comments.

Edited by vger