[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

Now, I'm probably doing something stupid here, but I'm pretty sure that the interim cryo stage isn't supposed to do this:

http://i.imgur.com/nWYfnZxm.png

Upon going to the launchpad, it started to automatically play the *poof* decoupling animation and the(upon physics loading, I think) promptly phased into another plane of existence, causing the crew module to pass through it and into the main body(first try was with a procedural fuel tank, second was just stock tanks) of the rocket, resulting in some very pretty explosions. The cryo stage then decided to fly off and do it's own thing, without any prompting(it made it to 80Km before I gave up on it).

I was running into the same problem. I installed the mod using CKAN and after a while decided to uninstall it then download it directly from the download link and then everything worked fine. I hope this helps.

You wouldn't happen to have NEAR installed, would you?

Nope, stock aerodynamics model

I was running into the same problem. I installed the mod using CKAN and after a while decided to uninstall it then download it directly from the download link and then everything worked fine. I hope this helps.

Thanks, that appears to have fixed the phasing issue, but I'm still getting the poofing around the cryo parts

6reUqQl.pngIcon for the shroud and interstage have gone blank

Do you have the latest versions and all the plugins? Sorry I haven't checked much as I am busy in real life.

Yup, all plugins are up to date.

However, removing the FASA umbilical launch clamp appeared to make the ship I was trying to fly actually capable of launching, but it had some complications(along with the icons still missing):

z2LSyGK.pngAs the boosters separated, the interstage vanished but remained structurally there

MeDtniQ.pngAs it climbed higher, still missing the interstage, the COM seemed to shift to several hundred meters behind the ship(maybe the interstage got 'stuck' somewhere?)

BtlPGuK.pngI then gave up trying to fly it legitimately, and used hyperedit to put the upper stage into an 80Km orbit, this seemed to reload the interstage

and here's the latest output_log.txt if it helps https://www.dropbox.com/s/im0lm1hqjafyie8/output_log.txt?dl=0

On reinstalling from CKAN, did you remove the previous version completely? Also, is this in old ship from an old update/game version? I haven't had the chance to replicate it but I haven't encountered it yet. Also, kindly check on Alt + F12 if it gives of any errors.

On reinstalling from CKAN, did you remove the previous version completely? Also, is this in old ship from an old update/game version? I haven't had the chance to replicate it but I haven't encountered it yet. Also, kindly check on Alt + F12 if it gives of any errors.

• It's a new ship
  • The interstage seemed to vanish at ~7Km, which was when the debug log recorded an attempt to save the persistence file
  • I uninstalled using CKAN(Both SDHI and Aerojet Kerbodyne), then re-installed from the links on the respective first pages

It would be a bit far if it was a mod that interfered with mine but what are your mods installed?

Part mods on the ship in question(No debris around the KSC or anywhere else, deleted it all to prevent it causing any issues) :

• KW Rocketry
  • SDHI
  • Aerojet Kerbodyne
  • Procedural Parts
  • Tweakscale

• 6s Service Tubes
  • ATM- X86 aggressive
  • Aerojet Kerbodyne
  • Alcubierre Warp Drive
  • Alternate Resource Panel
  • Animated Decouplers
  • BoxSat & Prototype Parts
  • Chatterer
  • Community Resource Pack
  • Community Tech Tree
  • Connected Living Space
  • Contract Configurator
  • Contract Pack-ScanSat
  • Crew Manifest
  • Crossfeed Enabler
  • DDS Loader
  • Docking Port Aligment Indicator
  • EVA Parachutes
  • Extraplanetary Launchpads
  • FASA Launch Clamps
  • Final Frontier
  • Firespitter(Plugin Only)
  • Fuel Science
  • HyperEdit
  • KAE-KSPAPIExtensions
  • Karbonite
  • Karbonite Plus
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • KAS
  • Kerbal Engineer
  • Kerbal Konstructs
  • Kerbal Stats
  • KerbinSide
  • Klockhead Martian-Gimbal Module
  • KSP Achievments
  • KSP AVC
  • KW Rocketry
  • MSI-Infernal Robotics
  • Map Resource Overlay
  • Mark IV Spaceplane parts
  • Mechjeb 2
  • Memory Usage
  • MFT
  • Module Manager
  • Module RCSFX
  • Near Future Props
  • Mebula EVA handrails
  • Node Resizer
  • Orbital Material Science
  • Procedural Fairings
  • Procedural Parts
  • Procedural Wings
  • RPM
  • Realchute
  • Regolith
  • Resource Generation Module
  • ScanSat
  • Ship Manifest
  • Simble Docking Indicator
  • Smokescreen
  • Sounding Rockets
  • Station Science
  • Stock Bug Fix Module
  • Stockalike Parts for useful aesthetics
  • Stockalike Station Parts expansion
  • Stockplugins
  • SDHI
  • TAC Life support
  • Tech Manager
  • Texture REplacer
  • Toadicus Tools
  • Toolbar
  • Trajoctories
  • TreeLoader
  • TweakableEverything
  • TweakScale
  • USI Tools
  • Universal Storage
  • USI-Asteroids
  • USI-Exploration
  • USI-Freight
  • USI-Kolonization
  • USI-Survival
  • Vanguard Plugin

Now that's a long list of mods. I would have recommended for you to test the bug by removing some of your mods. It would really help so I will know the issue but it seems like it would be a tedious job for you. I believe this is cause by a plug-in though. I'm sorry I can't figure it out, can you check Alt + F12 while the issue is happening? It really might help.

Now that's a long list of mods. I would have recommended for you to test the bug by removing some of your mods. It would really help so I will know the issue but it seems like it would be a tedious job for you. I believe this is cause by a plug-in though. I'm sorry I can't figure it out, can you check Alt + F12 while the issue is happening? It really might help.

Okay, I think I found the problem. It's Ckan. Installing just SDHI, Animated Decouplers and Aerojet Kerbodyne(and all the ones Ckan promts to install) I get the full phasing issue, installing it manually it works fine. I'll try again with Ckan and see if the log shows anything.

Update: Tried it with Ckan again(Only the needed mods, nothing else) and it phased. Log showed this if it helps YJ3xc9D.png

Edited by Ravenor032
Tried it with Ckan again

Okay, I think I found the problem. It's Ckan. Installing just SDHI, Animated Decouplers and Aerojet Kerbodyne(and all the ones Ckan promts to install) I get the full phasing issue, installing it manually it works fine. I'll try again with Ckan and see if the log shows anything.

Update: Tried it with Ckan again(Only the needed mods, nothing else) and it phased. Log showed this if it helps http://i.imgur.com/YJ3xc9D.png

I can confirm this. I stopped using CKAN and downloading mods directly from the download links and things have been working fine.

Update: Tried it with Ckan again(Only the needed mods, nothing else) and it phased. Log showed this if it helps http://i.imgur.com/YJ3xc9D.png

I can confirm this. I stopped using CKAN and downloading mods directly from the download links and things have been working fine.

Thank you, I would never know what the center of the problem is and I would not be able to replicate it because I don't use CKAN, and although it is a brilliant idea, I encourage downloading it directly instead.

Thank you, I would never know what the center of the problem is and I would not be able to replicate it because I don't use CKAN, and although it is a brilliant idea, I encourage downloading it directly instead.

Woo, problem kinda solved.

dXmrK4p.png

This is almost everything that Ckan tries to install along with Aerojet Kerbodyne(Also installs smokescreen 2.5.3), I'm guessing that there's some issue with the versions it's trying to use?

Hi I love this mod but I have come across a rather large problem, non of the interstages work, they don't decouple properly. They only decouple from the bottom not the top and when I attach it to a craft in the debug menu it says "input is null"

someone please help, I really want to use this mod but because of this glitch it is unusable

Woo, problem kinda solved.

http://i.imgur.com/dXmrK4p.png

This is almost everything that Ckan tries to install along with Aerojet Kerbodyne(Also installs smokescreen 2.5.3), I'm guessing that there's some issue with the versions it's trying to use?

Glad it's fixed! Maybe it's the plugins being wonky

Hi I love this mod but I have come across a rather large problem, non of the interstages work, they don't decouple properly. They only decouple from the bottom not the top and when I attach it to a craft in the debug menu it says "input is null"

someone please help, I really want to use this mod but because of this glitch it is unusable

Are you sure the error is caused by this mod? My decouplers only decouple one way, and sometimes the node can get too close and you can attach the part at the bottom instead of the top and decouple the wrong way, just be sure you have attached it correctly, use node toggle to be precise, turn of the bottom node if you want to use the top and turn off the top node if you want to use the bottom to avoid decoupling the bottom instead of the top.

Are you sure the error is caused by this mod? My decouplers only decouple one way, and sometimes the node can get too close and you can attach the part at the bottom instead of the top and decouple the wrong way, just be sure you have attached it correctly, use node toggle to be precise, turn of the bottom node if you want to use the top and turn off the top node if you want to use the bottom to avoid decoupling the bottom instead of the top.

Is your problem gone?

You will have a very hard time in snapping parts to the right nodes.

I can back that statement up. I was one of the first few people that had problems connecting parts; when we went to the forums asking blackheart if he/she could provide an easier method of attaching them. When we posted a few more examples showing the problems, that's when NodeToggle was added. Ever since then, the problem was rectified and I've yet to have a problem since. Hell, once I saw module and how useful it was, I added it to a few more mods that I use because it's so darn helpful. Also, another mod, B9 Aerospace, uses it and packages it together with their release. I think they use it for the bigger HX parts, but I can't be 100% sure because I normally remove those parts because I have no use for them.

To sum it up nicely, Nodetoggle will save you a lot of headaches when dealing with nodes that are in close proximity to each other. If you want to remove it, more power to you, but I doubt you'll assemble everything without becoming frustrated once or twice.

Hope this post helps you in some way! :)

I can back that statement up. I was one of the first few people that had problems connecting parts; when we went to the forums asking blackheart if he/she could provide an easier method of attaching them. When we posted a few more examples showing the problems, that's when NodeToggle was added. Ever since then, the problem was rectified and I've yet to have a problem since. Hell, once I saw module and how useful it was, I added it to a few more mods that I use because it's so darn helpful. Also, another mod, B9 Aerospace, uses it and packages it together with their release. I think they use it for the bigger HX parts, but I can't be 100% sure because I normally remove those parts because I have no use for them.

To sum it up nicely, Nodetoggle will save you a lot of headaches when dealing with nodes that are in close proximity to each other. If you want to remove it, more power to you, but I doubt you'll assemble everything without becoming frustrated once or twice.

Indeed, the even more awesome thing here is you can have a ton of nodes in one exact place and you just have to disable the others in order to attach the other with precision, even if each of them have different modules.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the opposite happened to me. The SM Adapters will stay attached to the SM and make it look like a skirt (I talked with blackheart with that one Page 38) (I used Node Toggle to no avail)(Opposite: I got frustrated because NodeToggle didn't help me). I gave up. I used normal SDHI for my Orionic needs. Now that I have more time, I started converting the things into ModuleDecoupler. Here's the result: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109672-Techtree-WIP-Road-to-Kosmos-%28v0-0-3-preview%29/page8

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Are you guys talking about the SM adapter skirt? I seem to be having issues with the top node. There are two of them, they're just really close, together, and close to the bottom. I don't know how to get the skirt to attach to the SM engine without leaving a giant gap, or without using the translation gizmos.

What might you mean with the translation gizmos? The pack has nodetoggle on it made by greys originally, it's the right tool to make the attachment very easy. I recommend using it. Just deactivate the bottom node if you want to use the top and vice versa.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.