[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

What might you mean with the translation gizmos? The pack has nodetoggle on it made by greys originally, it's the right tool to make the attachment very easy. I recommend using it. Just deactivate the bottom node if you want to use the top and vice versa.

Right. That's not the issue though. Can you show me how the Transport Vehicle SM is supposed to get mounted to the skirt and the ICPS? I'm getting a large gap between the top of the skirt, and the bottom of the SM. I'm using the correct engine, though I'm also unsure about that. Why are there two nodes on the base of the engine, and which one do I use?

Right. That's not the issue though. Can you show me how the Transport Vehicle SM is supposed to get mounted to the skirt and the ICPS? I'm getting a large gap between the top of the skirt, and the bottom of the SM. I'm using the correct engine, though I'm also unsure about that. Why are there two nodes on the base of the engine, and which one do I use?

I think I understand your issue, although you might be using the same engine as the SM, there are two skirts, might you have overlooked at the other one? The LV-900 has a smaller skirt and AJ-118K has a taller one. Both engines have two top nodes as the middle node is used for the SM, the topmost node is used if you want to use the engine somewhere else, aside from the Service module.

So my points are

Engines use the middle node (because there are three, topmost, the second top which is the middle, and the bottom)

Use appropriate skirts for each (the AJ-118K has a taller fairing)

Hey So I have been experiencing the same issue that others have mentioned with the Cryogenic Interstage Shroud, specifically once launched the decouple "smoke" is playing on loop, the staging button for it has no icon (just a grey box) and at about 5,000 meters the whole rocket disintegrates.

There were no obvious NREs in the log on launch but in the editor it was getting repeat "[ERROR] input is null" lines.

It appears the issue is either the node toggle module itself or something conflicting with the node toggle module, as after I removed it from the cfg the problem went away and the interstage behaved properly, decoupled properly and my payload made it to orbit. I have not used any other parts that use the node toggle module so I don't know if this is some strange interaction with this part specifically or if all parts with node toggle have problems.

I am not using CKAN, everything is a manual install, and I am heavily modded, here is my AVC output (this is a couple weeks old now) and there are many other mods that aren't checked by AVC:

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 1.17

USI Tools - 0.3.2

B9 Aerospace - 5.2.6

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.34

Chatterer - 0.8.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Contract Configurator - 0.6.6

CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.5

Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 1.0.2

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.3.4

DMagic Orbital Science - 0.9.1.1

Editor Extensions - 2.5

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.14.6

Firespitter - 7.0

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19

K2 - 0.0.90.2

Kerbal Construction Time - 1.1.2

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0 - 1.0.15.2

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1

HyperEdit - 1.3

KineTechAnimation - 1.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 5.1

Part Angle Display - 0.3

Pilot Assistant - 1.3

PlanetShine - 0.2.2.1

RCS Build Aid - 0.6

RealChute - 1.2.6.3

Regolith - 0.1.7

RemoteTech - 1.6.3

ResGen - 0.28.2

SCANsat - 1.1

Soundtrack Editor - 2.1.1

StageRecovery - 1.5.3

TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.4.1.1008

TextureReplacer - 2.1.2

TAC Life Support - 0.10.2.15

Trajectories - 1.1.3

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.2.3

Alternate Resource Panel - 2.6.3

USI Exploration Pack - 0.3.1

Freight Transport Tech - 0.3

Karbonite - 0.5.5

MKS - 0.22.8

USI Survivability Pack - 0.2.2

Universal Storage - 1.0.90.2

What plugin adds the node toggle module and where can I download it? Could it be that is out of date? A google search for ksp node toggle got me nowhere.

Hey So I have been experiencing the same issue that others have mentioned with the Cryogenic Interstage Shroud, specifically once launched the decouple "smoke" is playing on loop, the staging button for it has no icon (just a grey box) and at about 5,000 meters the whole rocket disintegrates.

There were no obvious NREs in the log on launch but in the editor it was getting repeat "[ERROR] input is null" lines.

It appears the issue is either the node toggle module itself or something conflicting with the node toggle module, as after I removed it from the cfg the problem went away and the interstage behaved properly, decoupled properly and my payload made it to orbit. I have not used any other parts that use the node toggle module so I don't know if this is some strange interaction with this part specifically or if all parts with node toggle have problems.

I am not using CKAN, everything is a manual install, and I am heavily modded, here is my AVC output (this is a couple weeks old now) and there are many other mods that aren't checked by AVC:

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 1.17

USI Tools - 0.3.2

B9 Aerospace - 5.2.6

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.34

Chatterer - 0.8.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Contract Configurator - 0.6.6

CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.5

Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 1.0.2

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.3.4

DMagic Orbital Science - 0.9.1.1

Editor Extensions - 2.5

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.14.6

Firespitter - 7.0

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19

K2 - 0.0.90.2

Kerbal Construction Time - 1.1.2

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0 - 1.0.15.2

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1

HyperEdit - 1.3

KineTechAnimation - 1.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 5.1

Part Angle Display - 0.3

Pilot Assistant - 1.3

PlanetShine - 0.2.2.1

RCS Build Aid - 0.6

RealChute - 1.2.6.3

Regolith - 0.1.7

RemoteTech - 1.6.3

ResGen - 0.28.2

SCANsat - 1.1

Soundtrack Editor - 2.1.1

StageRecovery - 1.5.3

TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.4.1.1008

TextureReplacer - 2.1.2

TAC Life Support - 0.10.2.15

Trajectories - 1.1.3

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.2.3

Alternate Resource Panel - 2.6.3

USI Exploration Pack - 0.3.1

Freight Transport Tech - 0.3

Karbonite - 0.5.5

MKS - 0.22.8

USI Survivability Pack - 0.2.2

Universal Storage - 1.0.90.2

What plugin adds the node toggle module and where can I download it? Could it be that is out of date? A google search for ksp node toggle got me nowhere.

I run with out node toggle with no problem but just have to watch what node you are attaching to and, I can't run VDS mod has when it's install all the thrusters and engines and decoupler are all firing off you VAB.

Can you guys elaborate this issue? As I have not encountered this yet and I am puzzled. At least removing the node toggle module works at the moment. The node toggle I packed with my mod was the latest I could get at the time and up to date, as suggested by the mod author greys. It's being managed on the B9 thread. So I searched the thread and found this, might wanna try to replace the dll of nodetoggle and try with virgingeneric.dll, see if it really got fixed.

I don't if you still remember me. Been inactive in the forums for a long time since moving for university but now I'm trying to get more active again. Especially playing more KSP again. I'm glad to see you're still at it and I'm impressed at the progress you made since I last checked here :D

Won't forget one of the most active supporter of my mods, nice to see you back on the forums, hope you can try my mods :D Long time not hearing from you indeed!

Won't forget one of the most active supporter of my mods, nice to see you back on the forums, hope you can try my mods :D Long time not hearing from you indeed!

Currently trying to get back to playing also of course your mod but sorting my mods is a hard task. So much happened since I last played. At least there is no CKAN ;) Too bad at start of april my vacations are over so less time again but I'll try nonetheless to play more KSP in my free time :D

Currently trying to get back to playing also of course your mod but sorting my mods is a hard task. So much happened since I last played. At least there is no CKAN ;) Too bad at start of april my vacations are over so less time again but I'll try nonetheless to play more KSP in my free time :D

Well, it is kinda hard to get back to playing KSP, the mod sorting will be quite tedious. I always find myself puzzled on what to do next after getting back on a previous save after a long time haha.

Well, it is kinda hard to get back to playing KSP, the mod sorting will be quite tedious. I always find myself puzzled on what to do next after getting back on a previous save after a long time haha.

Yep, tedious describes it very good xD spend 3 hours sorting my mods , not even sure yet if it's going to wort at all xD For most mods I used CKAN but then accidentally closed it and I had to start from scratch ticking all the boxes xD and yet again messed something up.. Uff 3am here, guess I'll try again tomorrow xD

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Yep, tedious describes it very good xD spend 3 hours sorting my mods , not even sure yet if it's going to wort at all xD For most mods I used CKAN but then accidentally closed it and I had to start from scratch ticking all the boxes xD

Good thing I just download each myself, only by checking the updated versions of the mods in my GameData folder :D

Hey guys. Have any of you experienced a problem with KJR that stops the decouplers actually ejecting the thing attached? I haven't tested it with all the decouplers, but the Size 2 Service Decoupler doesn't decouple at all, and the Service Module Adapter and the less curved 2.5-3.75 ICPS Adapter decouple from the part attached below them, but stay attached to the engine they're attached to. The engine does still work though :huh:

I think it should be noted that I have removed the NodeToggle module from the configs of all these parts to stop the looped decouple effect and random explosion at low altitude.

While I can think of various work arounds including procedural fairings and hidden stock decouplers, I thought I should ask here first

Edit: Even without KJR the problems still persist with the two adapters. Looking at the ICPS adapter it seems to an inexperienced eye that there is only one node at the base used to attach the adapter to the engine and the part below it? The SMA appears to have a node for the tank below, and the engine above, but still doesn't detach from the engine, but from the tank below it. The Size 2 decoupler does work though? :confused:

Edited by MrMeeb

Hey guys. Have any of you experienced a problem with KJR that stops the decouplers actually ejecting the thing attached? I haven't tested it with all the decouplers, but the Size 2 Service Decoupler doesn't decouple at all, and the Service Module Adapter and the less curved 2.5-3.75 ICPS Adapter decouple from the part attached below them, but stay attached to the engine they're attached to. The engine does still work though :huh:

I think it should be noted that I have removed the NodeToggle module from the configs of all these parts to stop the looped decouple effect and random explosion at low altitude.

While I can think of various work arounds including procedural fairings and hidden stock decouplers, I thought I should ask here first

Edit: Even without KJR the problems still persist with the two adapters. Looking at the ICPS adapter it seems to an inexperienced eye that there is only one node at the base used to attach the adapter to the engine and the part below it? The SMA appears to have a node for the tank below, and the engine above, but still doesn't detach from the engine, but from the tank below it. The Size 2 decoupler does work though? :confused:

Sounds like you aren't attaching by the correct nodes, this is the reason node toggle was added.

Try the new dll linked in this post to see if it solves the node toggle issues, I haven't had the chance to check yet, otherwise you just have to be very very careful and make sure you attach via the correct node.

Sounds like you aren't attaching by the correct nodes, this is the reason node toggle was added.

Try the new dll linked in this post to see if it solves the node toggle issues, I haven't had the chance to check yet, otherwise you just have to be very very careful and make sure you attach via the correct node.

Okay, will do. I presume I will have to add the node toggle module back into the configs (probably by reinstall). I'll let you know if it works. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Any inkling if this works in 1.0?

Like most part mods, chances are this will need a rework of dV/TWR for its engines, a check of its nodes, and since this mod includes shrouds/fairings, they will all need appropriate heat configuration and aerodynamic features added.

Any chance of a rescaled SM for the Taurus?

You don't like tweakscale ( Taurus Parts are on TaurusExtras Folder, just remove it if you don't have Taurus mod installed. The rest are just tweakscaled. )

EDIT- You can open the cfg with a text editor and change rescaleFactor = 1.0 to rescaleFactor = 1.5 or play around with the numbers.

EDIT- Or if you use MM

@PART[ConstellationSM]

{

@rescaleFactor = 1.0

}

And play around with the #

Edited by Mecripp2

You don't like tweakscale ( Taurus Parts are on TaurusExtras Folder, just remove it if you don't have Taurus mod installed. The rest are just tweakscaled. )

EDIT- You can open the cfg with a text editor and change rescaleFactor = 1.0 to rescaleFactor = 1.5 or play around with the numbers.

EDIT- Or if you use MM

And play around with the #

I like TweakScale, but when I scale up the SM, it isn't big enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.