Stand Alone Map View - Multi monitor KSP [1.4.x][Plugin]

Unit327

ah, nice, so visual enhancements do run on the server-instance.

I just wonder, if it is possible to run 2 maps at the same time. (because sometimes an angle is just bad, or at planning an encounter, I need to see the point with my ship, and the target planet at the same time... 2 maps would be just very handy).

regarding maneuvernodes: maybe team up with the guy from precise maneuvernodes, as he has a direct readout of the maneuvernode-values, and syncing that could be easier.

New release fresh off the press.

Download tar.gz or zip

Changelog:

* IP/hostname and port settings so you can use a separte computer

* Main menu now available in map view, so you can change settings

* Map view goes back to tracking station when main game leaves flight

* Fixed physics time warp bug

* Vessels no longer get stuck in landed state

* Toolbar support that doesn't work (bug in toolbar?)

I've gotten it to work on a single 1400 x 900 19 inch monitor, The only problem is that since the minimal supported resolution is 1024/728, at lower res some menu bouttons in places like the ship editors are unclickable. However, the map screen and play screen are displayed fine.

Download tar.gz or zip

The big news for this release is that maneuver nodes work! Play with them on either window/monitor and they will sync across to the other one.

Changelog:

* Maneuver node syncing (bidrectional) (#6)

* False asteroids no longer get spawned (#3)

* Settings windows start minimized so they are less obtrusive

You got it, a 64bit Windows 7 build. How did I never know about the windows + shift + left/right arrow hotkey? So simple... and it works with any window. WHY SO SECRET!?!

The day I learned about this shortcut was one of the most profound in my life. As a graphic designer with a dual monitor setup....essential to my workflow now.

Download tar.gz or zip.

Changelog:

* Current target syncing

* Fixed a bug where the first save sync never happens

* Less "jumpyness" and reloading when client is sitting in the tracking station

* Fixed exceptions in the debug log

I'll be away for a bit so just in case there's any problems you can get previous versions here.

I've been struggling with getting this running over two laptops me and my friend have on the same network.

We've tried hamachi, setting up homegroups, trying different ports, but we can't get it to work.

Is there a more in depth guide for setting up two different computers?

On phone so I gotta be quick.

All vessel info isn't synced because it's too much work deedo. Feel free to have a crack at it :)

Feel free to try it on an i3, let me know how it goes.

As for networking are you on a LAN? I haven't really tested network stuff yet, I'll take a poke when I get back in a couple of days. LAN should work but I wouldn't be surprised in internet doesn't yet.

If you are on LAN, make sure exact same mods are installed on both. Put client stuff on one, server on other. Delete any existing settings files "saves/samv *.cfg". Leave the ports alone and just change the IP address settings on the main menu.

Edited by Unit327

I've tried using our computers 192.168.x.x lan specific address with this, but it still doesn't work.

I believe it's because our laptops are both registering that our "network cable's are unplugged" under our LAC connections.

I believe the only way to fix it would be using Ethernet cables, but that is unavailable to us.

geh, this is something ive wanted since i started playing ksp again, sadly tho my comp can barely do just the 1 instance, lol.

But i do have a duo core machine here that can probably run ksp, so i guess ill get off my arse after 5 months of putting it off on tossing some parts into it and see if i can get this to work with 2 comps. I should be able to run it if i take off all the GFX mods and a couple quick voodoo action.

Might take me a few days tho because after dealing with a 10 year old laptop from the roomate, i vowed never to work on old comps again!

Ill let ya know how my findings are on it.

EDIT: Well i tried doing a multi computer setup and couldnt connect/sync up. The client kept saying, waiting for sync. I tried both computer name and ip with no luck. The client was on wifi tho while the server was hard wired, so tommorow ill go through and try it on wire just in case. Ip range was 10.0.0.3 and *.4 Win 7 x64 for OS on both of em. windows firewall was/is disabled on both of them, mostly because its pretty worthless, lol. Only the client has a AV and its nod32. Ill try disabling that tomorrow when i try again.

Edited by thrandisher
Update on progress #1

I'm really sorry guys but there is obviously a bug somewhere, even in my own testing it doesn't work over the network to a separate computer. I'll be working on it and a fix will hopefully come out soon, once I work out what the problem is.

Edit: found the problem, fix will be coming out in the next 24 hours.

Edited by Unit327

okay, im buying second monitor

i have multicore cpu and i will buy some ram along with monitor, but will my graphic card handle two instancec of ksp at once? its geforce gt 640m.

also what about precosenode mod/node helper for mechjeb? its pretty essencial for me, will it work in separate mapview? what about clouds mod or texture replacer?

Edited by kiwiak

i have multicore cpu and i will buy some ram along with monitor

Before you buy anything, test it out first. The minimum requirements listed are just best guesses, because I don't have a lot of hardware lying around to test it on. It's possible it might work with less, and it also depends on how many other mods you are running. To test it, you can run the mod without two monitors if you just run ksp in window mode rather than fullscreen.

but will my graphic card handle two instancec of ksp at once? its geforce gt 640m.

Not sure, I'm not really familiar with laptop graphics card performance. It also depends how many graphics mods (clouds etc) you are running as well. Again the best way to find out is to test it before buying any new hardware. Can you find a spare monitor (or a TV with hdmi/dvi) to test it out on?

also what about precosenode mod/node helper for mechjeb? its pretty essencial for me, will it work in separate mapview?

I've never used mechjeb/precisenodes, but at a guess, if all they do is set and adjust maneuver nodes, they should be fine. No guarantees though. If you test it out can you let me know how it goes?

what about clouds mod or texture replacer?

Here's a screenie from pokpok showing the mod running with clouds. Texture replacer mods should also work fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.