[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Didn't work. I noticed it's only certain crewed parts: The 1 man capsule is fine, but the 3 man capsule, the lander can, the cupola, and the hitchhiker container. All the other replacements still work just fine.

Did you try to re-install the files in TR again as well Catsun? The SQUAD re-texture parts are in TR/Default/SQUAD/

Can you install Proot's pack back over the top of that or has that been tried already?

mmmm... that is rly weird... could you send me your ksp log? Mac or PC? Are you using ATM?

Output_log.txt

PC, and yes using ATM.

I deleted the Command folder in \Texturereplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\ and fired up the game. The original stock textures for the command parts worked just fine. Replaced your Squad Command textures back in, and deleted the ActiveTextureMangement cache files and restarted the game, and the problem still persists. Like I said, think I'm going to do a complete reinstall of ATM, TR, EVE, and KSPRC and see how that goes.

Output_log.txt

PC, and yes using ATM.

I deleted the Command folder in \Texturereplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\ and fired up the game. The original stock textures for the command parts worked just fine. Replaced your Squad Command textures back in, and deleted the ActiveTextureMangement cache files and restarted the game, and the problem still persists. Like I said, think I'm going to do a complete reinstall of ATM, TR, EVE, and KSPRC and see how that goes.

I'm not able to reproduce your problem. :( Please try to reinstall, and tell me if that "solves" the bug.

Did full uninstall of ATM, TR, EVE, KSPRC. Reinstalled from scratch without KSPRC pack. Everything worked fine. Reinstalled KSPRC pack and same issue. :(

I think I'll post this over in the TR thread, it may not be anything with what your pack is doing.

I'm having some pretty major problems, when launching rockets of any sort of respectable size I'm getting less than 15 FPS whereas in Vanilla my frames stay in the hundreds and my computer is capable of running Shogun 2 Total War on maximum settings with 60+ fps constant, so this is quite baffling. I installed everything as instructed and have tried putting my graphics settings right down to no avail. Halp?

Did full uninstall of ATM, TR, EVE, KSPRC. Reinstalled from scratch without KSPRC pack. Everything worked fine. Reinstalled KSPRC pack and same issue. :(

I think I'll post this over in the TR thread, it may not be anything with what your pack is doing.

Can't be TR either though, as I installed 1.5 and am having no issues whatsoever. What happens when you try to roll back to the previous version of MM? Try MM1.5.6?

That would break some other mods such as FAR which rely on 2.x.

I've jumped from the 1.5 versions to 2.0.8 and then 2.1.0 without problems.

Maybe with the 2.0.8 version of MM?

EDIT: Someone more with this problem? I'm quite intrigued by this...

Edited by Proot

I'd like to vote too on this form at the first part of the site...

btw: VEERY NICE COMPILATION PROOT!!!!! I love to use it ^_^

My only problem is the RAM ;) Can't wait for the 64-bit version of KSP. =)

I've jumped from the 1.5 versions to 2.0.8 and then 2.1.0 without problems.

Maybe with the 2.0.8 version of MM?

EDIT: Someone more with this problem? I'm quite intrigued by this...

I think I may try to rollback TR to 1.4 since it worked fine with that and see if it fixes the problem.

Using:

Texture Replacer 1.5

KSPRC 0.1.515

Module Manager 2.1.0

No problems at all.

EDIT: I hope I didn't come across as too harsh earlier, Proot. I felt bad so I left a little donation. Go get yourself some pizza or beer or something :)

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I think I may try to rollback TR to 1.4 since it worked fine with that and see if it fixes the problem.

Yeah, didn't fix it. Looks like I'm going to do a full reinstall of everything, step by step. Not sure how it could've gotten messed up, although I've heard of others having the occasional problem with ATM goofing up and requiring a full reinstall also.

Using:

Texture Replacer 1.5

KSPRC 0.1.515

Module Manager 2.1.0

No problems at all.

EDIT: I hope I didn't come across as too harsh earlier, Proot. I felt bad so I left a little donation. Go get yourself some pizza or beer or something :)

Happy about that report! But keeps me more intrigued in the castun's problem... :huh:

And don't worry Obsessed!, we are here to discuss about this type of things.

I only feel some type of impotence because I can't speak the english so right as I speak my native idiom (yet), and that bother me because sometimes I think I'm revolving too much for give a proper answer to your questions... or I worry about sounding too "hard"?, too rude?, biting?. Well, you know...

I'm here to help all of you; I would try to re-write the OP in the future to be more specific and more clear with the problems encountered until this moment.

I think I've finally got it mostly working. Sorry, I know this is probably a silly question, but what exactly are the names of the "TGA files" in CoolRockets? I don't want to accidentally delete something I shouldn't...

FOR EXAMPLE: you don't want Chatterer? It's OK. But then you never find the opportunity of decode one of the sstv REAL signals. Have you done that?

Yes, a small detail, but a small detail that only you are rejecting atm, and pushing to think to other people that is completely irrelevant, when in some case, is irrelevant for you.

I'm sure there are some people who want to use the full pack, and can't. You can say "not my problem" (actually, it's a Unity problem), but presenting it as an all-or-nothing proposition means some people don't get to appreciate any of your work at all. So maybe they won't ever get the chance to decode an SSTV signal... because the game crashes for them. So maybe, they want to pare it down to something that's manageable. We all know it can be done, I don't think anyone is trying to insult your beautiful and brilliant hard work by asking what can safely be omitted.

You have the opportunity to help those people enjoy and appreciate what they can, or you can snub them and turn them away. Giving people choices doesn't harm anyone else - aren't you glad that Squad doesn't feel that way? If they did, we wouldn't have any of these mods at all. Mods exist because none of us here are content to play the game the way Felipe intended. ;)

Well ****. Sorry I dared to ask if Proot meant dependency or not. You know Proot, you could easily avoid the question by adding in the "dependency" list a line after each saying "(Required for [feature].)". I don't see how that is deserving of a reaction that seems more suited to if I had asked for you to turn water into wine and feed the world in a day.

I won't be coming back here anytime soon. This community is usually pretty clear-headed and friendly, but man, is this thread ever the exception.

For the record: you are using the term wrong. A dependency, as used most commonly in English, means something that is absolutely required for any part of what you are talking about to work. Think of say, Minecraft. It is dependant on Java. Without it, no part of Minecraft would work. That's what "dependency" means. What you have are various requirements for particular features. And by using it as you have, you're putting across the notion that using, for example, the planet artwork for EVE is dependent on Chatterer to work. Hence my own confusion. I recognised what you were saying to be very likely false.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Well ****. Sorry I dared to ask if Proot meant dependency or not. You know Proot, you could easily avoid the question by adding in the "dependency" list a line after each saying "(Required for [feature].)". I don't see how that is deserving of a reaction that seems more suited to if I had asked for you to turn water into wine and feed the world in a day.

I won't be coming back here anytime soon. This community is usually pretty clear-headed and friendly, but man, is this thread ever the exception.

Hahaha, emotional much. "Someone responded harshly to me so I'm going to take my ball and run away."

If you'd bothered to read through the thread, Proot already apologized for his harsher responses and stated it was partly because English is his second language. He (and others on the thread) has also explained that there are no real "dependencies" to KSPRC, but that if you remove pieces you'll not get the full immersion that you would with the entire pack.

He could list out all the features that are enabled by the specific components, but you could also go in and check out the package and figure it out for yourself...it's not hard. It took me about 2.5 minutes to figure out what different effects were added by what mod and it's easy enough to pick and choose which you want to include and which not. Why should Proot assume that you're coming here to only get part of his package?

Wow. That's just dumb. I guess I'm back sooner than expected.

If you'd bothered to read through the thread...

You are an idiot, or at the very least you are straw-manning, hard. On top of that you're assuming things to be true that you cannot reasonably assume. I actually did read through the entire thread, and that post was well in line with what I intended to say. If you wish for me to be more succinct: Stop being an *** and over-reacting to things that no one said. You, Ignath, certainly aren't helping by manufacturing straw man attacks: "Why should Proot assume that you're coming here to only get part of his package?" I never said that. Obscessed never said that. Please, point me to exactly where I said that in my post and I will eat my words. The problem here is that you are responding to something that was never said. You're manufacturing an argument where there is none, and worse still, to distract from what was the real point of my original post.

All I was pointing to was that the use of the word dependency seemed wrong in the OP. Proot even went on to (I think), in some way, say that that was true. And yet you continue to harp on something that should be a non-issue, pretending that it was I that made it one. That's just dishonest.

Wow. That's just dumb. I guess I'm back sooner than expected.

You are an idiot, or at the very least you are straw-manning, hard. On top of that you're assuming things to be true that you cannot reasonably assume. I actually did read through the entire thread, and that post was well in line with what I intended to say. If you wish for me to be more succinct: Stop being an *** and over-reacting to things that no one said. You, Ignath, certainly aren't helping by manufacturing straw man attacks: "Why should Proot assume that you're coming here to only get part of his package?" I never said that. Obscessed never said that. Please, point me to exactly where I said that in my post and I will eat my words. The problem here is that you are responding to something that was never said. You're manufacturing an argument where there is none, and worse still, to distract from what was the real point of my original post.

All I was pointing to was that the use of the word dependency seemed wrong in the OP. Proot even went on to (I think), in some way, say that that was true. And yet you continue to harp on something that should be a non-issue, pretending that it was I that made it one. That's just dishonest.

I'm not at all trying to be dishonest. You came in on this thread complaining ENGLISH semantics to a NON ENGLISH native speaker...then you go on to attack myself, and others, who are trying to set the record straight. You also edited your post AFTER I posted mine, so I didn't even have a chance to comment on your point. Also, if you want to get semantic about it...technically EVERYTHING that Proot posted was a dependency FOR THE KSPRC PACK...if you want the pack AS INTENDED, you need all those mods. Mods are mods and no mod (unless created specifically with something in mind like Cacteye Telescope, which requires multiple mods or it will not function) are dependent on one another. Common sense and even minimal knowledge of mods is all that should be necessary to determine that...

I'm sure there are some people who want to use the full pack, and can't. You can say "not my problem" (actually, it's a Unity problem), but presenting it as an all-or-nothing proposition means some people don't get to appreciate any of your work at all. So maybe they won't ever get the chance to decode an SSTV signal... because the game crashes for them. So maybe, they want to pare it down to something that's manageable. We all know it can be done, I don't think anyone is trying to insult your beautiful and brilliant hard work by asking what can safely be omitted.

You have the opportunity to help those people enjoy and appreciate what they can, or you can snub them and turn them away. Giving people choices doesn't harm anyone else - aren't you glad that Squad doesn't feel that way? If they did, we wouldn't have any of these mods at all. Mods exist because none of us here are content to play the game the way Felipe intended. ;)

I'm working to get a simpler installation and upgrades, as well as to include two, maybe even three new sets of ATM/TR configs (with softer and even harder savings than now), in order to bring closer the pack to more people with less powerful computers or to make the work more easy for the 64bit linux user.

I'm working too in a new README for the pack to include new, more clear instructions, with especifications about each change done. And probably revised by a couple of english natives, to avoid mistakes.

For the record: you are using the term wrong. A dependency, as used most commonly in English, means something that is absolutely required for any part of what you are talking about to work. Think of say, Minecraft. It is dependant on Java. Without it, no part of Minecraft would work. That's what "dependency" means. What you have are various requirements for particular features. And by using it as you have, you're putting across the notion that using, for example, the planet artwork for EVE is dependent on Chatterer to work. Hence my own confusion. I recognised what you were saying to be very likely false.

I'm truly sorry if I've said something in wrong terms. That was not my intention, in absolutely. :sealed:

This will be solved easy with more of my work and less of my nonsense english jibba-jabba.

Excuse me again.

I'm not at all trying to be dishonest. You came in on this thread complaining ENGLISH semantics to a NON ENGLISH native speaker...then you go on to attack myself, and others, who are trying to set the record straight. You also edited your post AFTER I posted mine, so I didn't even have a chance to comment on your point. Also, if you want to get semantic about it...technically EVERYTHING that Proot posted was a dependency FOR THE KSPRC PACK...if you want the pack AS INTENDED, you need all those mods. Mods are mods and no mod (unless created specifically with something in mind like Cacteye Telescope, which requires multiple mods or it will not function) are dependent on one another. Common sense and even minimal knowledge of mods is all that should be necessary to determine that...

Manufacturing a straw-man argument is by definition dishonest. Prove to me that you weren't putting words in my mouth and I'll retract the statement.

The language being used is English. No offence to non-English speakers but a person's capability in speaking the language is beside the point. I say the same thing to people when I'm speaking French. If I say something wrong in that language, it's wrong. If I meant to say "go over there" and I actually said "go over here", I shouldn't be afforded latitude and it just be assumed that I meant "go over there", others should point out the error and ask, as I did in my initial post.

My edit to that post was only an addition, though it was made without me seeing your post in response. Vagaries of the internet, I'm afraid.

I have so far only directly argued your comments, so I'm not sure what "others" you are talking about. Again you are manufacturing support for your claims from nothing.

My initial post to Proot was questioning, not complaining.

And no, not everything is a dependency for the pack. While you are correct in saying that having all of the mods listed are required to use the entire pack, that is still not an argument against providing clearer information in the OP. The OP's wording suggests that in order to use any part of the KSPRC pack, one must have all of the mods listed in the dependency list to work. This leads to logical conclusions of this sort: "In order for the extra Chatterer sounds to work, I must have Environmental Visual Enhancements installed." The reason I bothered asking in the first place is because this conclusion is fallacious. As you said "common sense and even minimal knowledge of mods" is all one needs to determine that. That's why I even bothered asking, on the off-chance that in fact, my conclusion that the OP was wrong was wrong. It's not inconceivable that someone would do such a thorough up-rooting and re-coding of all of those mods and their functions that they really are all required for anything to work right. Highly unlikely, but I've seen it before, hell I've done it before.

Asking for more specific information about what is actually meant by "dependency" should in no way have led you to make the assumption that in fact I was saying anything akin to "Proot should assume that people only want parts of his pack and should design around it."

Edit:

I'm truly sorry if I've said something in wrong terms. That was not my intention, in absolutely. :sealed:

This will be solved easy with more of my work and less of my nonsense english jibba-jabba.

Excuse me again.

Eh, let's chalk it up to bad cross-cultural communication.

Please see my "for the record" part of that post for a better explanation of what I'm trying to get at.

@Space_Kraken: You're telling me. But if there's one thing I can't stand, it's someone putting words in my mouth.

Edited by phoenix_ca

to make the work more easy for the 64bit linux user.

Oh how I wish I could get the time to learn Linux and try it out.. I mean I have 16gb of ram so if I switched to Linux would I be able to rid myself of the memory cap and just go nuts with mods/textures? Im pretty savy with pc's, but when it comes to Linux I don't know.. Anyway if that doesn't workout I hear theres this "Load textures as needed" mod that looks more and more interesting as time passes. Not sure how it'd handle TextureReplacer though.

Oh how I wish I could get the time to learn Linux and try it out.. I mean I have 16gb of ram so if I switched to Linux would I be able to rid myself of the memory cap and just go nuts with mods/textures? Im pretty savy with pc's, but when it comes to Linux I don't know.. Anyway if that doesn't workout I hear theres this "Load textures as needed" mod that looks more and more interesting as time passes. Not sure how it'd handle TextureReplacer though.

Install Ubuntu. It's easy. There are piles of guides for it on how to go about partitioning your system drive (it's less scary than it sounds) and installing Ubuntu from a variety of different systems. The tricky bits are in finagling vendor-specific hardware to work (my iMac's backlight isn't adjustable with Ubuntu 14.04 and nothing out there has fixed it), but most of the time things will just work without problem. As for KSP, there's this thread. Be sure to apply the memory-offset fix if using lots of addons is what you're after.

Using KSP on linux isn't a smooth ride but it's the only way to get lots of addons without memory errors. Hell, its sometimes the only way to have even a few mods without memory errors. And once you get it, if you're savvy with PCs as you say, it might make you long for the the days Windows actually had a respectable command line. :(

Edited by phoenix_ca

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.