[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

This compilation is top-class and visually brings the game very close to Space Engine. I haven't encountered any memory related issues, despite having a modest computer and running the basic version of ATM. Framerate tends to drop somewhat though when looking at Kerbins oceans from low orbit, but this isn't a serious issue. Muchas grácias for this astonishing mod ... !

Pretty sweet looking screens! I got some, but how do I share them like Castun did, like an album from imgur? I got the album set up, but dunno how to link the entire album with thumbnails. Also for I experimented a bit and overwrote the texture compressor in the mod with the aggressive one and everything still looks amazing, with almost no noticable loss in texture quality. Very well made mod that keeps on giving!

P.S. You can also drop an enb or the sweetfx baleur (tried both) and it still looks awesome!

What values are you using for the visors in the last shot? In my game the orange is so strong you can't even see their faces

I decided to keep the old visor texture from the Pimp My Kerbals texture pack (also from Proot.) It's more orange / gold, but you can still see through it a bit rather than being almost completely reflective.

Pretty sweet looking screens! I got some, but how do I share them like Castun did, like an album from imgur? I got the album set up, but dunno how to link the entire album with thumbnails. Also for I experimented a bit and overwrote the texture compressor in the mod with the aggressive one and everything still looks amazing, with almost no noticable loss in texture quality. Very well made mod that keeps on giving!

P.S. You can also drop an enb or the sweetfx baleur (tried both) and it still looks awesome!

If you want to embed the whole album like I did, you can use the [imgur] tags, but you don't want to use the whole URL for the album, rather you're just using the last section of the address, so like in my case it would be:

[ imgur ]pDVou[ /imgur ] Just without the spaces.

If you want to embed the whole album like I did, you can use the

[ imgur ]pDVou[ /imgur ] Just without the spaces.

Thank you! I didn't know this tag even existed :o

So let's see [imgur]4q0s9">Javascript is disabled. View full album..

SWEET! Thanks Castun! :D

If you deleted all of the other folders not related to EVE, would that still work? As in, if I just wanted the visual enhancements could I just delete everything else? Thanks! :)

Great work so far!

If you deleted all of the other folders not related to EVE, would that still work? As in, if I just wanted the visual enhancements could I just delete everything else? Thanks! :)

Great work so far!

It depends how much of the mod you want. The EVE tweaks only make up a part of it. I'll try break them down a bit so you can choose what you want, aiming for the ones that make the most difference visually.

EVE - Clouds etc, they're very different to standard EVE clouds so they're a big part of the image quality

DOE - changes how the stars show up in the sky relative to the amount of light in your point of view (sun/planets/moons)

RSS - Not for use with Real Solar System actually, this uses a part of RSS to remove the white horizon and make it blue instead

Texture Replacer - Changes textures of the planets/moons/kerbals and even galaxy map, adds a lot to the overall image quality

Yea, basically just the visuals. I already have EVE and DOE installed, and I could put in the RSS plug-in part as well I guess.

So... if I leave the those mods you mentioned but take out the other parts, would that work?

Yea, basically just the visuals. I already have EVE and DOE installed, and I could put in the RSS plug-in part as well I guess.

So... if I leave the those mods you mentioned but take out the other parts, would that work?

It should. It might be an idea to keep the KSPRC folder laying around too just in case it's needed.

Edit: To clarify I've trimmed different parts out of the mod and added them to them individually now a good few times over and I've not had any issues.

Ok, confess: did you do this, Proot?

http://i.imgur.com/DBZTjDe.png

I just thought I'd come here to say I'm having the exact same problem. It seems to be related to the new NASA engines, as I was using the largest 4 nozzled one. It only does it from certain viewing angles, and it also happens to be whatever the flag decal is for the current craft. Mine was a bunch of NASA logos because I was using the NASA flag. I'm no longer using the Hotrockets plugin myself because it causes too many problems (particle effects look cool but causes issues with the engine noise for some reason.)

Anyone using MechJeb needs to get today's release, btw; fixes an incompatibility with the RSS dll.

What incompatibility? I hadn't noticed any problems myself with MechJeb.

What are your recommendations regarding performance improvements ? I have your mod installed with the required dependencies but when I am flying around Kerbin or another planet with an atmosphere, my FPS drops to 15 to 20 and even 10, depending on the planet that I am flying around.

Somewhere in my head spooks something I read a while ago - I think it was about KSP ...

"Deactivate ingame anti-aliasing and use a program specific setup in the driver settings."

Does this apply to KSP? Would have to install Nvidia driver with its software again - maybe even a newer driver - but they tend to botch them on a regular basis. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.