Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

Oh where to start....

I have intentionally stranded a Kerbal. I have long since forgotten his name but I often referred to him and the Kurse because nearly every single mission he went on something went horribly wrong for reasons I was unable to figure out. Things like a landed Mun base flipping over when he entered or a simple rocket inexplicably exploding for no reason...

I built the most simple rocket I could to get him into orbit, then built another ship (used orbital construction) put him in it and sent him out to wherever he got on the fuel he had and left him there.

In saves after that before my hiatus from the game I simply turned off respawning and intentionally killed him off.

Other than that... When I get bored I horribly abuse my Kerbals. Things like rocket sleds with external seats on the front slamming into the VAB....

Edit- Because for whatever reason I suck horribly at spaceplanes I modified jet engines to go faster... so much so that it is possible to reach orbital speeds without using rockets (just have to stay low enough that you are getting air, then shut down the engines and pitch up, can hit 70-80km before having to fire the rockets)

Edited by annallia

When I start a new save game after a new patch, I always add enough science to pick up where I left off tech level wise. And I add about 10mil in funds to get my tech and equipment back to where I want it.

I still have not learned to dock, do orbit like spaceplanes are supposed to do (I fly them horizontal until 10,000 then do the gravity turn and continue as if it were a rocket), and I have gotten to orbit past eeloo, but still have yet to land on any planet other than mun and minmus without kerbal alarm clock and mechjeb for landing locations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of ships I build gather dust half finished in the VAB, and instead of finishing them, I use a bunch of crafts from as old as .18 (I still have a hard time believing that update was 2 years ago). I can't tell if it's a testament to a high quality of craft production, ..or extreme laziness (knowing myself, I'd have to go with the latter :P). Also I haven't been finishing any missions in my saves once the next update comes out, got half a dozen Jeb's in parallel universes all stuck waiting for mission control to tell them to head home. Lastly, yesterday, I forgot solar panels AND parachutes.

Hi,

interesting thread. Well given the fact that my interest is not so much in actually piloting the crafts I build, but rather in the logistical aspects of the game, I almost fly exclusively with MechJeb enabled. I rather prefer designing space ships, see if the designs are feasible, construct space stations in orbit and set up Mun bases and the likes.

At some stage I might bother flying by hand, but the other things are more important to me...

Oh yes and I also only play Science Mode, adding some science to my savegame up front, cause I don't like the initial steps of the game.

Regards,

Sebastian

I can't get any further than the moon without MechJeb. A few things like mathcing inclunations and docking manually isn't really my cup of tea.I use the f12 menu. But only if I need 100 extra Dv, wich I forgot to take with me.

I used hyperedit when I forgot to save and my game crashes and I think I deserve to get my progress back. It really upsets me when I launch a grand mission and my game crashes. So I put everything back into place where it was before the crash with hyperedit.

I am sinful for th-Alright I will not make this poetic so here you go :

1. Using MechJeb for nearly everything.

2. Playing the game since a year and not reaching Laythe without catastrophic failure.

3. Singing Tunak Tunak Tun while playing.

4. Worshipping Green Iron Crown since 3 hours as of now.

5. Going on #KSPOffical more often than playing the game.

That's it. I think.

I've been so busy mucking about with designs from the 1960's and 1970's that never made it past the drawing board, I'm afraid I couldn't rig an asparagus-stage rocket if there was a gun held to my head.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.