[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Is this the part where I post my latest bug? :P

Apparently it is... :(

Strangely, I don't get this behavior. All these parts behave nicely here. Care to send me an output_log.txt?

And thank you. It's a pleasure to have such dedicated testers.

I was just going to see about testing 1.13. 1.17 did indeed fix it. I just noticed that the mass of the vehicle that had disappeared had a MechJeb embedded inside the part before the disappeared bits.

This mod deleted all the ships from my VAB.

Specifically, all parts below the command pod (stock and mod) went missing. When I selected the command pod, or any part that was supposed to be attached, the part remained highlighted and never "solidified". This problem occurred with every ship. Deployed ships were fine.

Upon removing this mod, everything went back to normal. When I started a new ship, rather than loading a previously built one, the parts all worked as well.

This mod deleted all the ships from my VAB.

Specifically, all parts below the command pod (stock and mod) went missing. When I selected the command pod, or any part that was supposed to be attached, the part remained highlighted and never "solidified". This problem occurred with every ship. Deployed ships were fine.

Upon removing this mod, everything went back to normal. When I started a new ship, rather than loading a previously built one, the parts all worked as well.

Yikes. Care to upload/pm me an output_log.txt (in the KSP_data folder)?

I just noticed there is a version 17. I was using vers. 13 (downloaded yesterday). Let me check vers. 17.

EDIT: Yep, the old version was the problem; vers. 17 works as advertised. All is right with the world. THANK you for this mod. Added a rep to your profile

And now, a request: please add AIES parts pack to your supported list.

Edited by Apollo13

Strangely, I don't get this behavior. All these parts behave nicely here. Care to send me an output_log.txt?

This is the moment where I want to run away and hide because I didn't actually verify things before telling you.. That was using 0.13 so whatever you did since then seems to have fixed it - 1.17 works fine with KAX.. so yeah, false alarm.. sorry.. can.. can I get you a beer? Buddy? :D

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

This is the moment where I want to run away and hide because I didn't actually verify things before telling you.. That was using 0.13 so whatever you did since then seems to have fixed it - 1.17 works fine with KAX.. so yeah, false alarm.. sorry.. can.. can I get you a beer? Buddy? :D

Sure. Next time I'm in England, I'll try and remember.

Great! Now I have a bit more to work from. If you send me a picture of your gamedata folder, I'm more than willing to take the time to piece together which mods they are and install and see if I can make things break here. Or, you know, just a craft file.

And by Golly it's irritating to know there's a bug in your software and not being able to replicate it.

btw, do you guys only get this behavior after loading a craft? i.e, making something in the VAB works fine, but loading a saved craft mucks things up?

Just tried with 1.17 and sadly the problem remains. I'll PM you my output_log.txt and here is list from my GameData;

Directory of C:\KSP_win\GameData

[.] [..]
[000_Toolbar] [ActiveTextureManagement]
[AerojetKerbodyne] [ASET]
[AviationLights] [BahaEPL]
[BahaSP] [blackheart]
[blizzy] [BobCatind]
[BoulderCo] [BrassMoustache]
[BurnTogether] [CargoTransferBags]
[Chatterer] [CrewManifest]
dir.txt [DistantObject]
[DMTanks] [EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements]
[Escepadie] [ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
[FASA] [Firespitter]
[Fr3aKyPartPack] [GingerCorp]
[Goodspeed] [HabitatPack]
[HGR] [JSI]
[KAS] KAS Storage 4 crewpods.cfg
[KerbalStockLauncherOverhaul] [Kerbaltek]
[Kethane] [KineTechAnimation]
[Klockheed_Martian] [kommit_octotruss]
[KSPX] [KWRocketry]
[M22 V1] [MagicSmokeIndustries]
[MechJeb2] [MechJeb2RPM]
[ModsByTal] [ModularFuelTanks]
Modulefixer.dll ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll
[MP_Nazari] [MultipleSavesDA]
[NASAmission] [NavyFish]
[notes] [NothkeSerCom]
[OLDD] [ProceduralFairings]
[R&SCapsuledyne] [RCSBuildAid]
[RcsSounds] [RealChute]
[RealSolarSystem] [RLA_Stockalike]
[SCANsat] [SCANsatALTv0.11]
[SCANsatRPM] [SDHI]
[ShipState] SH_KN2CabinInternal-patch.cfg
SH_KN2CabinInternal-RPM.cfg [SH_mods]
[SmokeScreen] [SpaceplanePlus]
[SpeedUnitChanger] [Squad]
[SteamGauges] [StockalikeAeronautics]
[SurfaceLights] [Telemachus]
[ThunderAerospace] [TimeControl]
[ToadicusTools] toolbar-settings.dat
[TriggerTech] [TurboNisu]
[TweakableEverything] [TweakScale]
[UmbraSpaceIndustries] [US_Core]
[US_KAS] [VesselView]
[VNG] [WheelSounds]
7 File(s) 60,048 bytes
87 Dir(s) 16,776,888,320 bytes free

I replaced just the dlls from 1.17 with the ones from 1.10 and the problem is gone, and this is with all the cfg's from 1.17 so I don't think it's a cfg issue. I'll send you my output_log.txt from running the game with just the Tweak scale dlls changed to 1.10.

Hey, I feel like I should have said it at the beginning that I think this mod is awesome and you are the same for expanding it.

Thanks for all your help and work on this.

Edited by smurphy34

The problem seems to have something to do with Real Fuels or Modular Fuel Tanks. So I factored those out into separate .dlls.

With some luck, 1.18 should fix your problem.

Hey, I feel like I should have said it at the beginning that I think this mod is awesome and you are the same for expanding it.

Thanks for all your help and work on this.

Thanks a lot, all this praise means a lot to me.

Edited by Biotronic

i posted this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81847-need-help-pinpointing-bug-realfuels-modular-tanks-tweakscale-related

and i think it may be stemming from tweakscale... maybe you can use something there... this was with... 1.13 of tweakscale, 1.18 seems to have fixed the issue that i was having, in any case, thanks for the mod i can't see myself playing without it!

Edited by Orange_Ignition

It would be very helpful to display the thrust of a scaled engine in the VAB so we can see what we getting for the extra mass we are sending up. Especial for RCS engines.

I agree that such information would be useful. I only fear it will clutter the popup menu too much. Especially when combined with other mods. I use TweakableEverything, which adds an unpleasant amount of stuff. Combined with Real Fuels, that's 6 tweakables for one engine. Seven with the current TweakScale, eight with the thrust limiter.

What info should be added? If we look at the info in the RMB menu, there's max thrust, min thrust, Isp for sea level and vacuum, propellant rates and flameout threshold. If we combine thrust into one, Isp into one, leave propellants on a line each, and simply ignore flameout, that's 5 more for a LHO engine.

The engine I'm looking at right now also has a generator. That's another three lines of interesting information. And it's a hybrid engine, so 2 more lines could be nice, for expressing the alternative configuration. And it holds a bit of nuclear fuel and nuclear waste.

All in all, that's 20 lines of information.

Now, I'm not saying the information should be hidden - it shouldn't. But I think there's a better way, and that's to put it in a separate window. At the moment, I don't really feel like doing that, so I'll just leave this here and say that whoever wants to is more than welcome to implement it.

Now that I've written all this, I notice that you never said it should be in the popup menu. So it appears we're on the same page. Maybe one of the many ship information mods could be poked into doing this with just a little code on my end - I don't know.

I agree that such information would be useful. I only fear it will clutter the popup menu too much. Especially when combined with other mods. I use TweakableEverything, which adds an unpleasant amount of stuff. Combined with Real Fuels, that's 6 tweakables for one engine. Seven with the current TweakScale, eight with the thrust limiter.

What info should be added? If we look at the info in the RMB menu, there's max thrust, min thrust, Isp for sea level and vacuum, propellant rates and flameout threshold. If we combine thrust into one, Isp into one, leave propellants on a line each, and simply ignore flameout, that's 5 more for a LHO engine.

The engine I'm looking at right now also has a generator. That's another three lines of interesting information. And it's a hybrid engine, so 2 more lines could be nice, for expressing the alternative configuration. And it holds a bit of nuclear fuel and nuclear waste.

All in all, that's 20 lines of information.

Now, I'm not saying the information should be hidden - it shouldn't. But I think there's a better way, and that's to put it in a separate window. At the moment, I don't really feel like doing that, so I'll just leave this here and say that whoever wants to is more than welcome to implement it.

Now that I've written all this, I notice that you never said it should be in the popup menu. So it appears we're on the same page. Maybe one of the many ship information mods could be poked into doing this with just a little code on my end - I don't know.

As things are, the Engineer mod will (I think) correctly display new thrust numbers when you re-scale an engine in the VAB so long as the engine is connected to fuel and the Engineer part is stuck to the ship somewhere. I think MechJeb's vessel mass/thrust stuff updates too, not sure though.

Yes, the normal engines have a lot of stuff in the popup menu with some mods. But this is not true for the RCS thrusters. Isp for the RCS thrusters doesn't get change or? So only add the thrust info for the RCS?

First of all thank you for this great mod. VAB/SH categories are much less crowded now but I believe that with KSP 0.24 release approaching, implementing contracts and actual value to the already present ingame currency, tech tree support for scales should be a priority or this mod will become some kind of cheat.

Just noticed a possible correction to make for future version of the NFT tweaks you included (thank you!): the SM-2, SM-3, and SM-4 adapter things should have a default scale of 1.25 rather than 2.5 in order for the size description to match the actual part - cheers!

Quick question too - any chance of electrical output of NFT reactors (and radiators, if they don't already) scaling with size in a future update to facilitate launching absolutely massive and ridiculous powerplants?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Thanks for the neat plugin! I noticed that the curse page has not been updated with the 1.18 version, and since the 1.18 was mentioned several days ago I thought I was point it out in case it was an oversight.

Thanks again for your work!

As noticed with (I think) Intersteller radiators, heat/electrical dissipation does not scale with size.

I think NFT is using a different kind of heat variable (maybe) - as opposed to the kind of heat that occurs with engines in a stack connected to various other parts, but don't actually know whether this is true. Also have no idea if this means it can or can't be scaled, but it'd be interesting (read: probably horribly unbalanced, but interesting) to be able to scale the electrical output of the NFT reactors assuming whatever NFT is using to determine whether the reactor overheats can be made to scale reasonably too, and if radiators' "Current Heat Rejection" could. I mean, I'm guessing electrical output CAN scale, since it does with solar panels, and that it's just that it hasn't been implemented, but maybe there's some more complicated reason it couldn't be (or shouldn't be?)...

I think NFT is using a different kind of heat variable (maybe) - as opposed to the kind of heat that occurs with engines in a stack connected to various other parts, but don't actually know whether this is true.

I just re-read the comment I quoted and yes, you're right, it was on about a different type of heat dissipation. Granted, same principle (delta between core temperature and radiator surface temperature), but different enough. As surface area increases, so too does heat dissipation so I think it wouldn't be unrealistic to scale up electrical dissipation with size.

Basically, ignore what I previously said, I'm pretty much entirely wrong :P Sorry.