[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

hmm. Ok i have not istalled the new SpaceplanePlus-Mod yet. But i have the latest firesplitter.dll from the official thread. It's the same .dll that is in the SpaceplanePlus 1.3-zip. My games works fine with this dll.

- Modified some collision meshes, no more 'wiggeling' when attaching parts to the top or underside

Excellent! I was just noticing that, and you already fixed it. Made my last plane fly like there was a crosswind before I figured out what was going on.

thanks for the update, just downloaded but not tested it, although i wonder what is "near"

NEAR is another mod for a different draf/lift flight model in athmoaspheres. You could also call it FAR-Light, as it does the almost the same as FAR but not the complex and difficult calculations.

Tested the Mod today and it crashes also. Game loads fine, but after clicking on VAB, game ends. No Crashreport.

It`s not the firesplitter.dll. I use it since yesterday with serveral other mods and the game is fine with the .dll.

I am having no issues with 1.3 and am experiencing none of these crashes (x64)

Among other mods, I am running DRE but not FAR or NEAR. Per the standard procedures with 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2, I deleted the unneeded SP+FAR and SP+NEAR .cfg files from the Spaceplane Plus folder in my GameData directory. If you're having crash problems, try that. With 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2, the game used to be all KINDS of messed up (no crashes...) if I had the FAR .cfg in the directory with no FAR installed.

I created a fresh install of stock 0.24 with just Spaceplane Plus 1.3 installed. Started fresh sandbox save in KSP x32, no crashes on load or anything, first impression is the game works. Tried loading KSP x64, immediately crashed on trying to start the sandbox mode with said fresh save. Crash reproducible by simply trying to load into said save again.

Logs:

No.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjxcv1ulhq6umco/output_log_1.txt

No.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5nwdt7s7n7xzbs/output_log_2.txt

Removing the "unneeded" .cfg files (or rather, moving them to a different place) does not solve the basic issue of crashing.

Edit: The above test was conducted with ModuleManager 2.2.0 . I had a sneaking suspicion there might be a problem there, and tried 2.1.5 (the one provided with the download here) - everything worked under the same circumstances. It would appear there is a problem between the newest ModuleManger, 64bit KSP and possibly also this mod. :-|

Edited by Olterin
More information

Admittedly, with 1.3, I did it out of shear precaution. With 1.0-1.2 (and thus, and older MM), with the FAR .cfg I would not get any lift vector from SP+ parts, among other issues.

I have FAR installed and not NEAR and get 34 Items that are hidden reported by MM. Loocking in the log and at the files shows that they are hidden because they are accessed with "NEEDS", so for me it looks like everything works as intended.