[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Decided to put SP+ on a secondary install and mess with it and NEAR, some of the stuff you can make is quite pretty. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

...and fiery ;)

Can hold 2 FL800 tanks long and can get anything you can fit in the cargo bay to orbit, or a small satellite (~1.5t) to geo-stationary.

As far as mk3 size, I'd almost prefer skipping mk3 size and come up with a mk4 size that can fit 2.5m parts. (though mk3 would be able to fit 1m with stuff radially attached much easier than mk2 can)

Nice work. :D

Can someone help me with installation? I'm having the same issue a few people on here have had. I'm only getting a few of the parts in my game. Namely, the pods, the air intakes, and the utilities. The wings, cargo bays, and fuel tanks from this pack are missing for me. Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong?

May I also ask a question about installation? The Firespitter.dll that comes bundled with the current Spaceplane Plus version does not load on 0.24.2. Can I simply download the latest Firespitter version and copy over the .dll?

May I also ask a question about installation? The Firespitter.dll that comes bundled with the current Spaceplane Plus version does not load on 0.24.2. Can I simply download the latest Firespitter version and copy over the .dll?

This works for me.

The Firespitter.dll that comes bundled with the current Spaceplane Plus version does not load on 0.24.2. Can I simply download the latest Firespitter version and copy over the .dll?

This works for the Firespitter plugin because other mods use it, but don't link their own plugins to it. For other some other common plugins (KSPAPIExtensions), you should not just replace the file. If you're not sure, make a backup copy and test it. You can also download just the dll from Firespitter's GitHub.

Sorry Reaper, you're logic dosn't quite fit.

Never sought your understanding. Think better, i didnt put any secret passwords or something. not like we are talking about triangles. oh...

Well then..

http://i.imgur.com/G3Q4GTz.jpg

Someone wanted some better-than-stock Mk3 parts, I link a promising (and current) refit/expansion and am met with a resounding 'eh, I don't want that, I want Porkjet to do what he said he doesn't want to do'.

Screw the lot of ya, then.

this can be named anonoying as helpfullness can be named futile work... we are just stating our opinions on what we see, and if you read carefully i didnt say it was bad infact i pretty much implied that its going to be great.

Ä°m not mad on anything or something, accusations on missunderstandings are quite common.

Edited by TheReaper

I love this mod. It adds a lot of parts that the game really needs, and I used them to build what is by far my best ever SSTO. But there are a couple of things missing:

- Liquid fuel-only versions of the long mk2-to-1.25m adapter and the mk2 bi-coupler.

- Inverted cargo bays that open from below.

Any other new parts would be great of course, but those two in particular would be good to have. Other stuff I would like to see includes:

- A smaller hardpoint (Yes, I'm using a weapons mod. How did you guess?)

- A wider version of your radial intake (Putting a bunch of them side-by-side looks a bit odd)

- Radial-mount jet engines. Seriously, I don't know why nobody has done this yet.

- A smaller jet engine. We have dozens of different rockets but only 2 jets, and they're both the same size.

- Some sort of short tail piece. Currently the closest thing we have is a mk2-to-1.25m adapter with a fake intake on the end.

Edited by CWRules

This pack is great, if still missing some essentials.

I spent half an hour today refitting B9's attachment nodes to fit flush with these parts only to find that B9's Mk2 parts aren't actually the exact same size as SpacePlane+ parts.

The parts I miss in this pack are mainly:

- Mk2 SAS reaction wheel

- Mk2 RCS tank

Any chance you'll work on those?

I spent half an hour today refitting B9's attachment nodes to fit flush with these parts only to find that B9's Mk2 parts aren't actually the exact same size as SpacePlane+ parts.

- Mk2 SAS reaction wheel

- Mk2 RCS tank

In addition to the SP+ Mk2 Clampotron having 150 monoprop inside it, you can make your own SAS/extra monoprop/TAC LS/whatever else segment by packing existing parts into a payload bay.

36CD604B34915824F12C82A0D3AE29970A4FA6D4

In addition to the SP+ Mk2 Clampotron having 150 monoprop inside it, you can make your own SAS/extra monoprop/TAC LS/whatever else segment by packing existing parts into a payload bay.

Yes, but in career mode, the cargo bay is unlocked very late and thus you're stuck with no SAS but what's in the cockpit.

Yes, but in career mode, the cargo bay is unlocked very late and thus you're stuck with no SAS but what's in the cockpit.

Not really. Stick a pair of ASAS units behind your intakes. Also works for TAC-LS or monoprop tanks.

- Mk2 SAS reaction wheel

- Mk2 RCS tank

Why don't you just copy the drone core and rewrite the .cfg?

Why don't you just copy the drone core and rewrite the .cfg?

That's actually a great idea. I didn't even see the DroneCore because it also is unlocked very late in career mode. I will look into doing this little project later tonight.

Would it be possible to do that to turn the drone core into a decoupler? I'd like to be able to pop the cockpit off during an abort...

Yes. I've done so - here is the cfg I used:

PART
{
name = mk2Decoupler
module = Part
author = Porkjet

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

TechRequired = supersonicFlight
entryCost = 1200
cost = 400
category = Structural
subcategory = 0
title = MK2 Decoupler
manufacturer = Lockspeed Kerman
description = A decoupler designed to fit around the Mk2 shape fuselage. Handy for aborts!

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.08
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 9
maxTemp = 3400
fuelCrossFeed = False

stageOffset = 1
childStageOffset = 1

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = top
}

It's unlocked at the same node the first node with Mk2 parts in, I think. You can change obviously change it yourself if you want. Oh, and I put this cfg in the same folder as the drone core and called it partD.cfg to distinguish it from the drone core part.cfg.

Would it be possible to do that to turn the drone core into a decoupler? I'd like to be able to pop the cockpit off during an abort...

Yes, it's possible.

I think you could also just put the decoupler module on the cockpit so that it pops off....

Standard decouplers are the wrong shape for SP+ cockpits, unfortunately. It'd work, but it looks horrible.

No, not at all what I mean.

Module refers to the 'MODULE' config node that you insert into the part's *.cfg file

Edit the cockpit's config file and insert

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = bottom
}

Module refers to the 'MODULE' config node that you insert into the part's *.cfg file

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = bottom
}

Hmmn...I might just do that to all of my cockpits, SP+ and stock. Thanks.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = bottom
}

Hmmn...I might just do that to all of my cockpits, SP+ and stock. Thanks.

If you have got modulemanager installed, you can set up a patch to do all the work for you like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[Pods],!MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]:Final{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = bottom
}
}

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[Pods]]:Final{
MODULE
{