[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

What happened to the IVAs? Most of the pods don't have one. Didn't the early releases have them?

The remodels Beale did recently expectedly broke most of them, so they're coming, at some point. I think Beale is waiting on more props to get done, but he can better tell you the state of IVAs.

What happened to the IVAs? Most of the pods don't have one. Didn't the early releases have them?
The remodels Beale did recently expectedly broke most of them, so they're coming, at some point. I think Beale is waiting on more props to get done, but he can better tell you the state of IVAs.

Nah, that's pretty much it.

Well, the props are mostly done now, it's just IVA production is very slow, and now I am in full-time thesis production, so not much free time, ya dig? :)

Edit: On tg626's suggestion, the next release everything have a placeholder IVA at least, so you still have Kerbal portraits.

Edited by Beale

Yep, yanked it and the LV version as well; still some of the bugs remain. When I get a chance, i'll raise the issue over there. The files *appear* to have MM conditionals such that they won't stomp on each other, but I think the keywords are incorrect.

I personally use/enjoy antenna range, and appreciate the config file. Snacks as well. I don't see those really being that dynamic compared to say, TAC. Mileage may vary depending on the user, though :D

The "duplicate" engine configs appear because those specific engines also have/function as RCS. So it shows you both the engine config and the RCS config. It shouldn't cause any issues in actual gameplay though.

The over-powered RCS thrusters appear to be there by design. In the file, they're set to 20kN of thrust. Not sure if that is intended. Niemand303 is the one who actually does the research and sets the appropriate values.

This is nice. I think that it would look more complete if you put the Soviet wings around it, or maybe even wings + stars.

Depends what the theme is I guess, modern companies would probably go for more minimalist style (It's in fashion I guess).

So - LK ladders, I think this:

a surface attach part, you put one going from body to door, one from body to floor.

55d9a6a896.jpg

Yeah, I need to make the legs (I've already made them, but they are untextured "experiment legs". ).

Depends what the theme is I guess, modern companies would probably go for more minimalist style (It's in fashion I guess).

a surface attach part, you put one going from body to door, one from body to floor.

http://puu.sh/gkWQC/55d9a6a896.jpg

Yeah, I need to make the legs (I've already made them, but they are untextured "experiment legs". ).

Beale, I like most the LK, but the stocklike hatch just looks out of place. One of the reasons the LK is so distinctive is that all of the surfaces are round. Would it be possible to make the hatch round, placed a little lower, and remove the red and black stripe? I know that this is asking a lot, so please feel free to simply say no. :D

The "duplicate" engine configs appear because those specific engines also have/function as RCS. So it shows you both the engine config and the RCS config. It shouldn't cause any issues in actual gameplay though.

The over-powered RCS thrusters appear to be there by design. In the file, they're set to 20kN of thrust. Not sure if that is intended. Niemand303 is the one who actually does the research and sets the appropriate values.

No, I meant what I said. The tanks had three or four configs, depending, beyond what would be expected from multifuel configs. The rcs may be 20 kN, but by overpowered, I mean to say, six g of acceleration. If this *is* intended, then I stand corrected, but it seems... Off.

Edit to say that this sounds more defensive than I intended when I wrote it >< my bad!

Beale, I like most the LK, but the stocklike hatch just looks out of place. One of the reasons the LK is so distinctive is that all of the surfaces are round. Would it be possible to make the hatch round, placed a little lower, and remove the red and black stripe? I know that this is asking a lot, so please feel free to simply say no. :D

I understand the critique, but, it's just not possible - texture constraints and UV constraints. Bad things would happen if I attempt to doodle in a circle door.

Besides, the stockalike door here has beveled edges :wink:

Yeah that's really nice for the launch vehicle.

You mind if I change this to "Tavio"? :)

Of course, and the font possibly can be changed, I don't think it quite fits the style of the other thing. :)

This is nice. I think that it would look more complete if you put the Soviet wings around it, or maybe even wings + stars.

You are right, I tried to be close to the actual current RKKE logo:

Energia_ball_logo.png

EDIT: The situation with RF configs.

The author of RF Stockalike made his own configs, but they became dated. I was quite lazy and didn't wanted to redo some of the job. So, we agreed that the RCS will go from his mod, while his engine configs (and MFT, if I remember correctly) will be overrode by mine. Possibly, due to some MM bugs the may have worked both at the same time. I will investigate it when I have a little more free time, since I'm trying to complete both my projects with Road To Kosmos and MicroFuels (yep, I haven't updated both threads, but I will do it in the next couple of days), without forgetting about RL. Raptor831 wrote me about the future changes in CRP and RF, so the new version will have them covered.

Edited by Niemand303

No, I meant what I said. The tanks had three or four configs, depending, beyond what would be expected from multifuel configs. The rcs may be 20 kN, but by overpowered, I mean to say, six g of acceleration. If this *is* intended, then I stand corrected, but it seems... Off.Edit to say that this sounds more defensive than I intended when I wrote it >< my bad!
No worries. Umm, there's a sneaky "Tantares.cfg" file in addition to "Stockalike_Tantares.cfg" in the Real Fuels folder. Try removing that?And 20kN is pretty over-powered for an RCS thruster. They're usually set to give less than 1kN of thrust. I thought that was the cause of your ridiculous acceleration but I may be wrong.EDIT: Thanks Niemand303, sorry to bother you. Edited by SpaceHungryMan

To spacehungryman and neimand303, I understand rl entirely too well. (Shouldn't be typing this now!), but I definitely appreciate the help and/or configs. It sounds like it's taken care of, so I shall let it be. Thanks again guys!

I understand the critique, but, it's just not possible - texture constraints and UV constraints. Bad things would happen if I attempt to doodle in a circle door.

Besides, the stockalike door here has beveled edges :wink:

But...but...Beale, you're a modelling magician. ;.;

Of course, and the font possibly can be changed, I don't think it quite fits the style of the other thing. :)

Cool!

But...but...Beale, you're a modelling magician. ;.;

I can send you the Wings 3D file, if you can put a circular hatch that looks nice, I'll roll with it.

You could make it one single ladder that extends both up and down. If you didn't angle the bottom one and just made them parallel, I could see there being other uses for the part. Although it is more effort than a single ladder that would work just as well.

...and remove the red and black stripe?

So uh, you might be colorblind...

I can send you the Wings 3D file, if you can put a circular hatch that looks nice, I'll roll with it.

You are a million times better at modelling than me. If you can't do it, my attempt would look laughable.

So uh, you might be colorblind...

:D Thank you. Black and yellow. :sticktongue:

You could make it one single ladder that extends both up and down. If you didn't angle the bottom one and just made them parallel, I could see there being other uses for the part. Although it is more effort than a single ladder that would work just as well.

A longer fixed ladder (with collision) I think is missing from stock, so maybe that would be good. I think the part you're describing would be a bit niche?

You are a million times better at modelling than me. If you can't do it, my attempt would look laughable.

:D Thank you. Black and yellow. :sticktongue:

Like I say, I have the preference as it is, to me it is not worth the difficulties involved.

Sorry to say!

But yeah, alternate models can be produced by folks.

Is the Big G decent module still on the radar?

Yup, but it has (I guess ironically) taken a back seat.

Leg

679c7c1e3c.jpg

ab9493d06f.jpg

cc0ff57f30.jpg

Edited by Beale

Like I say, I have the preference as it is, to me it is not worth the difficulties involved.

Sorry to say!

But yeah, alternate models can be produced by folks.

Leg

http://puu.sh/gl8a9/679c7c1e3c.jpg

http://puu.sh/gl8C7/ab9493d06f.jpg

http://puu.sh/gl8Lh/cc0ff57f30.jpg

Well, you are the expert. I'm sorry if my request came off in a negative manner. I simply like your work and want to show my appreciation by offering ideas.

The legs look good, and you already know that I like the gold.

Crazy idea #2: a Fallout Virgo II LK texture. I kid. ;)