Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

Can you narrow it down to a single part? I never had that error with the ISS. HTV did have something similar, but it got fixed.

Here are some screenshots of the stuff I've done so far. It's not textured, but like I said I'm not much of a texture artist. I think you should coerce blackheart into texturing this stuff. I have no problem unwrapping it though.

Hybrid Docking Port for Zarya/Zvezda connection:

9SA5T1l.png

Docking Port for Zvezda side of Pirs/Poisk mating:

beb2leG.png

P5/S5 Truss (A little high poly, I'm going to try and drop it down) Still a WIP:

H5gc4ef.png

Can you narrow it down to a single part? I never had that error with the ISS. HTV did have something similar, but it got fixed.

I honestly can't figure it out. It's could be anything on the station at this point however I had a hard time getting both JEM modules to dock and it got very laggy once they were in place. I attributed it to there just being a lot of parts in orbit but it could be the JEM parts. The error causes me to not be able to go back the space center.

I'd like to thank you guys for keeping Bobcat's projects alive. But I have a question: Can I get the Nautilus (that interplanetary transporter for the original HOME) and the DEMVs anywhere?

Edited by ajshell1

Later. I'm slowly working on DEMVs, Nautilus might be restored, too. I've got Jool V that needs some more cosmetic work, but should run, too. I'll release those oldies someday, but don't hold your breath.

I honestly can't figure it out. It's could be anything on the station at this point however I had a hard time getting both JEM modules to dock and it got very laggy once they were in place. I attributed it to there just being a lot of parts in orbit but it could be the JEM parts. The error causes me to not be able to go back the space center.

Did you try deploying the EF? Yogui said he fixed this bug, though... I'll have to check.

All but the DEMV3 will. No way around that, they'll be a legacy pack, and if Cart stops working, so will they.

Later. I'm slowly working on DEMVs, Nautilus might be restored, too. I've got Jool V that needs some more cosmetic work, but should run, too. I'll release those oldies someday, but don't hold your breath.

Did you try deploying the EF? Yogui said he fixed this bug, though... I'll have to check.

The exposed facility is deployed. It all works except for those null exceptions, a bit of lag, and occasionally not being able to go back to the space center without restarting the game.

Okay. Take your time.

Also, is there a Buran? I don't see a download link for it If there isn't, you should fix the Buran Bobcat originally made, because that would be AWESOME. (I used the Buran a lot)

"Also" implies a continuation from a previous statement, which you don't have. Anyway, you're eyes do not deceive you: there is no Buran. The Component Space Shuttle is available and works really well.

Almost done with my ISS but I have to say at this point with everything assembled its a pretty unenjoyable experience. I know the whole mod is a WIP but still its so laggy trying to get the last three modules in place is not fun at all. As I posted earlier my debug file is just being spammed with errors it slows the game down to it taking four real seconds to one in game second. I don't think its my computer I have built some pretty big space stations in the past using fusetek, kso, kosmos, and ksp mods and they lagged very little to none at all. So I don't know I think there are still quite a few bugs. I think they are in the Poisk and Pirs modules and Jem modules. My problems didn't occur until I installed those parts. Also I undocked and deoribited both Jem modules and the lag decreased significantly. Then I sent of the poisk module and the lag issues came back. I deorbited that piece and once again the lag all but went away. Just as an experiment I sent up the destiny lab to replace the JEM, I docked destiny where JEM was supposed to be and no lag. I sent up two soyuz where pirs and poisk are supposed to be and no lag. Finally I docked the JEM ELM to destiny and there was no lag. So I feel the bugs are in those pieces. It wasn't exactly the most scientific way of figuring out pieces are causing issues but thats my story and I am sticking to it. Also obviously you the Zarya panels are a big culprit of log issues but you already knew that. You said you were working on those panels, is there away of adding a feature to retract them 1/2 or 3/4 like they do IRL. iss.jpg

Almost done with my ISS but I have to say at this point with everything assembled its a pretty unenjoyable experience. I know the whole mod is a WIP but still its so laggy trying to get the last three modules in place is not fun at all. As I posted earlier my debug file is just being spammed with errors it slows the game down to it taking four real seconds to one in game second. I don't think its my computer I have built some pretty big space stations in the past using fusetek, kso, kosmos, and ksp mods and they lagged very little to none at all. So I don't know I think there are still quite a few bugs. I think they are in the Poisk and Pirs modules and Jem modules. My problems didn't occur until I installed those parts. Also I undocked and deoribited both Jem modules and the lag decreased significantly. Then I sent of the poisk module and the lag issues came back. I deorbited that piece and once again the lag all but went away. Just as an experiment I sent up the destiny lab to replace the JEM, I docked destiny where JEM was supposed to be and no lag. I sent up two soyuz where pirs and poisk are supposed to be and no lag. Finally I docked the JEM ELM to destiny and there was no lag. So I feel the bugs are in those pieces. It wasn't exactly the most scientific way of figuring out pieces are causing issues but thats my story and I am sticking to it. Also obviously you the Zarya panels are a big culprit of log issues but you already knew that. You said you were working on those panels, is there away of adding a feature to retract them 1/2 or 3/4 like they do IRL. https://dustyloft.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/iss.jpg

The lag you are experiencing is the spamming to the log file. I'd be curious if it would spam the file if it was just one of the "bad" parts docking with something that is free from errors.

The lag you are experiencing is the spamming to the log file. I'd be curious if it would spam the file if it was just one of the "bad" parts docking with something that is free from errors.

Thats what it was doing. The poisk would launch fine and the using mechjeb would work perfectly until docking. Once I set the docking port as a target it just slows the game down to an impossible crawl. Then once docked it gets worse. If I undock and fly away everything seems better. So I honestly don't know whats going on, if it gets laggy I check the log file and all I see is orange yellow and red. If I go to the station through the spacecenter and check the log file, all is well. If I check the log file while poisk on the launch pad all is well. Its when they get close to each other for some reason the log goes crazy.

Edited by sp1989

Thats what it was doing. The poisk would launch fine and the using mechjeb would work perfectly until docking. Once I set the docking port as a target it just slows the game down to an impossible crawl. Then once docked it gets worse. If I undock and fly away everything seems better. So I honestly don't know whats going on, if it gets laggy I check the log file and all I see is orange yellow and red. If I go to the station through the spacecenter and check the log file, all is well. If I check the log file while poisk on the launch pad all is well. Its when they get close to each other for some reason the log goes crazy.

Interesting. Let me see if I can replicate it.

Do you have a simple craft file to replicate this?

Edited by sirkut

Almost done with my ISS but I have to say at this point with everything assembled its a pretty unenjoyable experience. I know the whole mod is a WIP but still its so laggy trying to get the last three modules in place is not fun at all. As I posted earlier my debug file is just being spammed with errors it slows the game down to it taking four real seconds to one in game second. I don't think its my computer I have built some pretty big space stations in the past using fusetek, kso, kosmos, and ksp mods and they lagged very little to none at all. So I don't know I think there are still quite a few bugs. I think they are in the Poisk and Pirs modules and Jem modules. My problems didn't occur until I installed those parts. Also I undocked and deoribited both Jem modules and the lag decreased significantly. Then I sent of the poisk module and the lag issues came back. I deorbited that piece and once again the lag all but went away. Just as an experiment I sent up the destiny lab to replace the JEM, I docked destiny where JEM was supposed to be and no lag. I sent up two soyuz where pirs and poisk are supposed to be and no lag. Finally I docked the JEM ELM to destiny and there was no lag. So I feel the bugs are in those pieces. It wasn't exactly the most scientific way of figuring out pieces are causing issues but thats my story and I am sticking to it. Also obviously you the Zarya panels are a big culprit of log issues but you already knew that. You said you were working on those panels, is there away of adding a feature to retract them 1/2 or 3/4 like they do IRL. https://dustyloft.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/iss.jpg

Doing that with the solar panels is impossible without some sort of mod that hasn't been created yet. You can't do it with IR because then the sun tracking would be strange (it would be able to track the sun in an undeployed state) and you can't do it with the base KSP unless you don't want the panels to fold out completely (the KSP code is very basic and only supports animations).

Very odd. I'll PM Yogui to double check his ISS parts, most of them were tested in 0.23, not 0.23.5. Could you try not using MechJeb this time? Maybe it's a problem with it and Soviet dockports...

Do you have Realchute just nuke the home MM config and should resolve it, the same thing happened to me and this resolved my issue. Kris is going to do a new config in the upcoming update to realchute

Thanks, that worked! :)

dragon, The engine hatch on the soyuz doesn't seem to be working, should It open when I activate the engine? Also has the MIR core module been re-sized, its not the same diameter as kvant anymore.

Nope, you need to open it manually. Oh, and the MIR Core has not been resized, but Kvant was. :) I thought of resizing the MIR Core to match Kvant, but then it doesn't fit inside Proton's fairings. I'd need Denny to make a dedicated MIR Core fairing for that to work.