[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Hallo i have an issue to Report with Alpha 2.2 my game doesent Work anymore, well it Starts and in the Space Center everythib works as well but some of my already launcht Rockets doent work anymore as well as when i Try to Start a new one i see the UI from the Flight mode but the Space center screen and its kinda wierd.

Sadly the game wont crash doe so i dont have a Log or anything that i could give you.

Its also possible that its my system since i use a lot of other mods but 2.1 workd just fine.

Oh and i Tryed to reinstal the mod as well fresh download cleard out the old one Completly still doesent work, but as soon as i pull it out of the Gamedata folder my Game works fine so im serten its this mod.

Sorry to bother you with this

Could it be because of 'ModuleManager.2.1.0.dll' file isn't in alpha 2.2 ? (It was with 2.1)

Personally I have installed ModuleManager separately, but if you didn't, check you got it somewhere. ;)

Hope it helps.

Could it be because of 'ModuleManager.2.1.0.dll' file isn't in alpha 2.2 ? (It was with 2.1)

Now, let's be serious: how can you guys really trust me with running code on your pc when I can't even remember to package my dependencies in the distribution!?

Anyway, it can't be that for 2 reasons:

- without MM, my modules are simply not applied to anything and so you are still playing stock

- checking the log, he has module manager installed anyway

But in the log, I found the exception and it's pretty interesting actually:

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ModuleControlSurface] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm not exactly sure what it means. If anybody else is already using the 2.2 version, has it happened to anyone else?

Now, let's be serious: how can you guys really trust me with running code on your pc when I can't even remember to package my dependencies in the distribution!?

Anyway, it can't be that for 2 reasons:

- without MM, my modules are simply not applied to anything and so you are still playing stock

- checking the log, he has module manager installed anyway

But in the log, I found the exception and it's pretty interesting actually:

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ModuleControlSurface] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm not exactly sure what it means. If anybody else is already using the 2.2 version, has it happened to anyone else?

Actually somthing Intresting happend.

I Copyed my entiere KSP folder to make a new Game where i will use Remote tech and i Forgot to take out Dang It befor i did so but at the moment the Game Runs Fine at least for now.

Should i send you the OutputLog for that one as well as cross refrenc?

Edit: After some more testing i found out the reason it workd was becouse i dident use any Control Surfaces as soon as i atach some it doesent work anymore

Edit2: i Deactivatet the Control Surface module from Dang IT and now it worksfine just that the Controll Surfacec cant break anymore

Edited by IsamuHigashi

That's very strange because on my end I can't replicate the problem. I see you are using B9: does the problem happen also if you only use stock parts?

EDIT: ok, got it. Turns out, my mod is incompatible with FAR because it removes the control surface module.

I am sorry but at the moment I'm not going to support other mods, not until I've finished sorting out my own. So right now I'm not going to try to make the two compatible. Sorry :(

Edited by Ippo
Caught the bug

So i must have missed something here, i used the kerbal mechanics before, and i thought i give your plugin a go.

But you havnt got the failures in yet? I dont want to have to break my parts myself if you know what i mean :P

cheers

So i must have missed something here, i used the kerbal mechanics before, and i thought i give your plugin a go.

But you havnt got the failures in yet? I dont want to have to break my parts myself if you know what i mean :P

cheers

No, it's fully functional (if a little buggy): I am temporarily leaving the option to initiate a failure manually for testing purposes, but it will be hidden in the final release.

Ippo, I think I found a bug.. but it's really useful to me and I kinda dont want it patched... But I send up shipments of xenon sometimes to my station and there are A LOT of xenon tanks... so every mission at least one of them punctures. So what I do is I disable fuel flow in all tanks and even though a tank is punctured, the leak stops! :D

This is a fantastic mod. Rising quickly on my must have mod list !

For both aesthetic and engineering reasons, however, I use procedural tanks exclusively, and it seems that DangIt does not recognize them as tanks.

Any chance you might look into getting your mod to support procedural tanks modules as well ?

Thanks for a great mod.

Ippo, I think I found a bug.. but it's really useful to me and I kinda dont want it patched... But I send up shipments of xenon sometimes to my station and there are A LOT of xenon tanks... so every mission at least one of them punctures. So what I do is I disable fuel flow in all tanks and even though a tank is punctured, the leak stops! :D

I knew I should have continued doing things the "wrong" way. I'll se what I can do.

Also! In my flight log, when a xenon tank was leaking is just read out: "A tank of is leaking"

This, on the other hand, is more strange. Will check. Did it show up correctly on screen?

(Also, I'm so going to change it to "a tank is of leaking". Polandball into space)

Any chance you might look into getting your mod to support procedural tanks modules as well ?

See the dev thread, it has been requested just today: short answer is no, sorry. Not for a while at least.

This, on the other hand, is more strange. Will check. Did it show up correctly on screen?

(Also, I'm so going to change it to "a tank is of leaking". Polandball into space)

Yes on screen is came up correctly. just in the log did it screw up.

Waste heat is going to be a pain to deal with... every solar panel has a storage space for waste heat...

Not at all actually. What happens is that every resource panel gets its own tank reliability module because it contains a RESOURCE field, but then this module scans for leakables and disables itself after finding none. :)

Hey Ippo, how does Universal Storage behave with Dangit? Anything we need to add/cater for to foster a better experience? :)

I haven't tried the two together yet (by the way, it looks GORGEOUS).

I'm looking at your parts right now (core only, though): I see that you define RESOURCE nodes in the file, so it should be automatically detected already :)

Just let me know if you need to define any special resource that you don't want to leak. Of course, I definitely wouldn't mind one of those sexy containers for my Spare Parts :)

Hello everyone,

now that this project is starting to gain a considerable user base (THANK YOU!!! :D ) I need to get a little more organized.

In the OP there is now a link ("Report a problem") that will direct you to the issue tracker on Github: please post every bug or problem that you find there.

If you already found one, add it to the tracker :)

I haven't tried the two together yet (by the way, it looks GORGEOUS).

I'm looking at your parts right now (core only, though): I see that you define RESOURCE nodes in the file, so it should be automatically detected already :)

Just let me know if you need to define any special resource that you don't want to leak. Of course, I definitely wouldn't mind one of those sexy containers for my Spare Parts :)

:blush:

Don't think we have any standout resources we'd exclude, although the way some of them are stored could provide different opportunities for failure. For example, the Oxygen tanks are separated into four canisters (to theoretically protect against a single tank failing), and some of the generators could rupture and become far less efficient (or get less efficient as they age, so even if they don't exactly fail, there's a reason to replace them every few years). Always loved the idea of critical explosions and damaging adjacent wedges too, but as you've said that's not a high priority right now.

I can't actually playtest anything right now (dud motherboard\gpu) so apologies if i've covered things you've already implemented :)

A couple of DangIt! problems that forced a TAL abort (a little redundant I know).

Ok Ok... I set it up, but whatever. Cascading failures aren't part of DangIt!...

Also hey... might be a spoiler near the end... If you don't know about some of Kerbins Mysteries already, feel free to skip that part. But still Launch at -30.

Edited by SaSquatch

A couple of DangIt! problems that forced a TAL abort (a little redundant I know).

http://youtu.be/2igsCbZWf2s

Ok Ok... I set it up, but whatever. Cascading failures aren't part of DangIt!...

Also hey... might be a spoiler near the end... If you don't know about some of Kerbins Mysteries already, feel free to skip that part. But still Launch at -30.

I don't even know what to say :D

Thank you so much for featuring me, really! Also, great job at bringing the little guys back in one piece :)

By the way, let me know in the dev thread if you need any other feature to help you make videos :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.