[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Congratulations for appearing on Modding Mondays!
Sounds like you have a bright future of modding ahead of you! Congrats on the Modding Monday, BTW!
Congrats for being featured :D

... wait... are you guys serious?

EDIT: OH GOD I JUST CHECKED YOU WERE FOR REAL

Edited by Ippo

Wow !

How did I miss this Mod ! I was waiting for something like this for ages.

Thanks a lot, will try it asap ;)

Question : Is there an ingame notification when something goes wrong or do we learn it the hard way ? ^^

Thanks a lot, will try it asap ;) Question : Is there an ingame notification when something goes wrong or do we learn it the hard way ? ^^

You get a message on the top of the screen, plus the failed part glows red. Careful though: the modding mondays feature doesn't make it very clear that this is still HIGHLY experimental. If you really wanna try it, at least backup your saves in advance.

Do failures only happen on the active ship?

What happens if I put something on the Mun, leave it there for a few years while I launch other missions, and come back to it?

Nice question.

Short answer: yes, they only happen on an active ship.

Long answer: I'm not actually 100% sure. As far as I know, they can only happen on a *loaded* ship: so if you get within 2.5 km of a ship you are not flying, this is loaded and it can have failures. However, in the dev thread I've had a report of a ship that apparently has suffered a failure while the player was not flying it. In fact, please keep an eye open for this and let me know if you see anything strange, please.

P.S: oh, and thank you SO much for Auto Asparagus, I can't imagine playing without it :D

Great mod! Just one bug I thought I thought you should know about- I punctured the tank on the Mk-2-3 command pod (the one on the kerbal X) and it started leaking Spare Parts. It's a bit worrying when all my repair kits start flying out into space. :D "Jeb! Get the repair kit, the fuel tank's leaking!" "Um..."

Great mod! Just one bug I thought I thought you should know about- I punctured the tank on the Mk-2-3 command pod (the one on the kerbal X) and it started leaking Spare Parts. It's a bit worrying when all my repair kits start flying out into space. :D "Jeb! Get the repair kit, the fuel tank's leaking!" "Um..."

Ironically, this bug was introduced by its own bug fix.

Alpha 2.1 introduced the blacklist... and because I'm dumb, now the blacklist is completely bypassed by everything. I've already fixed it in my copy, it will be in the next update :)

That sounds like a feature not a bug.

Passing thought... are all those experiencing blacklisted resource leaks (spare parts, etc) getting them from "self inflicted" failures done by the mod test feature? It just sounds to me like the debug option to generate a failure on a specific part might be ignoring the blacklist somehow.

I see it's fixed... never mind.

Edited by VaporTrail

Passing thought... are all those experiencing blacklisted resource leaks (spare parts, etc) getting them from "self inflicted" failures done by the mod test feature? It just sounds to me like the debug option to generate a failure on a specific part might be ignoring the blacklist somehow.

I see it's fixed... never mind.

Actually, it's a lot dumber than that. What's happening is:

- the blacklist is loaded from the cfg file correctly

- KSP creates a copy of the object when you place it in the editor and saves the copy, but the copy doesn't save the blacklist

- when the flight starts the part is restored from the save it just did that didn't contain the blacklist

And voilà! The blacklist has just been forgotten and the tank doesn't know it's supposed to avoid some things :)

I actually meant to push a huge update to alpha 3 in maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Right now I don't have any features, but since this is coming up a little I'll release immediately a bug fix and the new features will come later.

It should be available in an hour, maybe less. Scratch that, needs some more work. Sorry.

Edited by Ippo

Ironically, this bug was introduced by its own bug fix.

Alpha 2.1 introduced the blacklist... and because I'm dumb, now the blacklist is completely bypassed by everything. I've already fixed it in my copy, it will be in the next update :)

Very Kerbal like...

YAY!

I had my first failure which needed an abortion of the mission: a oxidizer leak during launch(right after lift-off) made my rocket (very) unstable. I lost control quite rapidly and used the escape tower to save the kerbals.

The rocket nearly missed the capsule, I should make some improvement to the abort sequence(maybe some sepatron that fire once the capsule is stabilized after the LES firing in order the avoid any incoming rocket?)

EDIT: yep, it work well enough to avoid any collision that would render the LES useless.

Edited by goldenpeach

I would think so, but then I punctured the pod again and monopropellant- which I'm fairly certain is what was suppossed to leak out- started leaking. Which one is the bug?:confused:

Each time the system chooses a random resource among those contained in the part: so if you have multiple resources in the command pod (like MonoPropellant, SpareParts, Food, Oxygen, Water and the various wastes) then each time you might get a different leak.

The bug is that SpareParts are not supposed to be selected... but they are. -.-

Hallo i just discovered this mod and i really like the way its going and wantet to say thanks for the effort you put in to it.

I havent yet played enougth to gife any tips on Improvment but one Question, the new Engiens witch came with the Asteroid Capture Pack have Batteri reliability,

and witch is somthing i find kinda wierd Tank reliability but no Value for the Engien, is that so becouse there new and you havent had the time to adjust them?

If i got it right that parts are automaticly changed [as it is with mod parts] i wonder why they got in theTank category and not the Engine one?

Sorry if thats supoused to be so i dont understand mutch about those kinda things just wantet to ask.

Oh and keep up the good work.

Just saw that other Engiens have an Alternator Reliability value which is missing as well.

Hi, yes, this is a "problem" with module manager, or rather with my cfg for it.

Right now I still haven't written the cfg for each part, so I'm using Module Manager to slap my modules onto everything:

- everything that has any resource at all gets a Tank Reliability, even engines

- everything that has a ModuleEngines (that doesn't run on solidfuel) gets an engine reliability

- everything that has a ModuleLights gets a lights reliability, and so on.

The problem is that engines contain ElectricCharge, so they receive a tank module because they have at least 1 resource. The module disables itself though, so it's safe.

Also, most new engines (including the ones from the ARM pack and from other mods) are using ModuleEnginesFX, but my cfg looks only for ModuleEngines: so basically as far as it is concerned, the NASA engines aren't actually engines. The same goes for the alternator, which needs an engine to attach to.

Btw, you can't fix this from the cfg: I need to write some more code, it's scheduled for Alpha 3.

ALPHA 2.2 IS OUT

Alpha 2.2 is now available for download from GitHub: follow the link in the first page.

Also on the first page: the changelog. Most important, the leak blacklist now actually works.

As usual, let me know if you have any problems! Please post your suggestions in the dev thread

Hallo i have an issue to Report with Alpha 2.2 my game doesent Work anymore, well it Starts and in the Space Center everythib works as well but some of my already launcht Rockets doent work anymore as well as when i Try to Start a new one i see the UI from the Flight mode but the Space center screen and its kinda wierd.

Sadly the game wont crash doe so i dont have a Log or anything that i could give you.

Its also possible that its my system since i use a lot of other mods but 2.1 workd just fine.

Oh and i Tryed to reinstal the mod as well fresh download cleard out the old one Completly still doesent work, but as soon as i pull it out of the Gamedata folder my Game works fine so im serten its this mod.

Sorry to bother you with this

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.