KSP 64bits on Windows (this time, it's not a request)

Lilleman

How does the 64-bits version of KSP work for you?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How does the 64-bits version of KSP work for you?

• It worked with no or minor glitches/bugs with DirectX
    • It worked with no or minor glitches/bugs with OpenGL
    • None, it crashed/caused major game breaking/is unplayable.

For some reason when I try and launch the game it says: "Unable to load mono library from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 193)."

I did all the intructions as told and it still doesn't work

With the next version, which'll be *around* a week or two.

Has that been said or is it a personal estimate?

EDIT : I`ve tried the 64 bit version and it crashed when I replaced the files in a copy of my play directory but worked fine on a fresh install so I will add mods to that install and go from there I think.

Edited by John FX

For some reason when I try and launch the game it says: "Unable to load mono library from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 193)."

I did all the intructions as told and it still doesn't work

I guess you replaced the KSP.exe with the 64-bits player, but let the original mono.dll (wich is 32-bits, and will not work).

Not sure if this has been answered but whenever i try and open it i get this "Could..... not preload global game manager #0 i=0"

Yep, this has been answered in first post, you're using a wrong version of the Unity player.

Please note this trick only work with KSP 0.23.5, when using the files from the evaluation version of Unity 4.3.3 (won't work with a newer or an older version).

To give a solution to both of you:

Instead of re-downloading the whole 1GB package, there's a link on this page to download only the files you'll need. http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/27hnc7/64bit_ksp_on_windows/

Edited by Lilleman
typo

I`ve noticed the astronaut complex showing up inbetween screens. I experienced a crash which was an unresponsive astronaut complex screen with no data when I tried to enter the VAB. That was my `dirty` install though.

Fresh install worked fine except for the flashes of astronaut complex when moving from space centre to any other screen. Just landed the kerbal X on Mun. I remember when I first started I could only just get it into orbit.

I have also noticed crashes to desktop when I use KAC. Mechjeb seems to not work either but not cause crashing.

Edited by John FX

Hi all, I have a strange error on this version.

All works great, side a crash from time to time (to many mods) all is working fast, my problem is on the kerman´s image in capsule (not the IVA), they show up slow and lagging, all the rest is fast and working ok but they are slow, like 80% slower.

Best regards to all

So it just doesn't work for me. Straight up no dice.

I followed the instructions correctly.

But when I launch with the little Unity icon (KSP.exe) it tells me "There should be 'KSP.exe_Data' folder next to the executable"

Then if I try launching from the standard Jeb icon (KSP) it tells me "Unable to load mono library from "C:/Directories-Downloads/KSP_win/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 126)."

What do I do? I have more mods than I can count, need more memory, can't wait for .24 Help?

So it just doesn't work for me. Straight up no dice.

I followed the instructions correctly.

But when I launch with the little Unity icon (KSP.exe) it tells me "There should be 'KSP.exe_Data' folder next to the executable"

Then if I try launching from the standard Jeb icon (KSP) it tells me "Unable to load mono library from "C:/Directories-Downloads/KSP_win/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 126)."

What do I do? I have more mods than I can count, need more memory, can't wait for .24 Help?

You may want to look into the OpenGL option if the 64-bit isn't working properly. Dropped my usage from ~3.5GB to ~2.0GB during active play. There are some potential quirks with some visuals, but if the 64-bit thing isn't working to open up your memory space, reducing the footprint would be an alternative.

It also sounds like your exe file may be named KSP.exe.exe? (The 'KSP.exe_Data' part, since normally it's KSP_Data') This may be something to look into as well. Make sure that you're viewing file extensions in explorer and double-check for an extra '.exe'.

I've spent a few hours running the game now (havent hit the memory limit of even 32 bit :P), in a VERY heavily modded install, with no bugs aside from documented right click type bugs.

I have some unconfirmed issues involving (mod-built) SSTO's and aircraft, but that could just be that I suck at building aircraft.

As for mods, the only seriously game breaking issue I have had thus far is that the game appears to stick on startup with KAX, never finishing loading. Remove that mod, and it seems to work fine.

If anyone would like the list of mods I am running I will see what I can do.

Getting the weirdest bug.

If I try to timewarp my ship quickly comes back to 1x speed. From then on, I can't warp anymore because the ship is under acceleration. Worse still is that the ship starts wobbling and can't accelerate anymore. It's just frozen over Kerbin, rendering the game unplayable.

Anyone know what causes this?

OH MY GOD! ITS SUCH A HUGE FPS BOOST!! before i was only able to play with minimum settings and lowest resolution, now im able to turn terrain to high and resolution to beautiful and still have about 25 frames!. and thats with alot of mods!!

THANK YOU!!