[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Some of the bases on the map in the OP haven't been released yet. I always have more bases in development. And there'll be more than what's on the map in later releases as well.

Ah. Thank you. I was confused. Have you added anything to KSC2, or will you?

Also, you know what would be a really good idea? Adding more Tracking Stations around Kerbin. Which would be cool even if they were cosmetic. But, if you can make them compatable with RemoteTech so that probes can connect with them the way they do with KSC... RemoteTech would be so much better.

Like NASA's tracking station in Australia.

Have you added anything to KSC2, or will you? ...Adding more Tracking Stations around Kerbin. ... RemoteTech would be so much better.

KSC2 is getting a runway and a working launchpad. I'll be talking to redteddy23 about adding more RT2 stations once I get 0.29 out the door.

Something that's needed also is an integration of some kind of map marker. It's one thing to know where the locations are with the image on the first page, it's another to glance back and forth to fly to them. Also, how's that city locations map I sent look? Little daunting?

Something that's needed also is an integration of some kind of map marker. It's one thing to know where the locations are with the image on the first page, it's another to glance back and forth to fly to them.

I know what you mean. Admittedly, most of us (well, me and one other guy I saw) put small probes at each location so you can target them.

But yes, I completely agree that a map marker should be added.

Also, how's that city locations map I sent look? Little daunting?

Yes, quite :P

EDIT - As for map markers, for the moment just launch at each location and stick a flag down nearby. I'll be looking at better solutions.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Yes, quite :P

EDIT - As for map markers, for the moment just launch at each location and stick a flag down nearby. I'll be looking at better solutions.

If you decide to use the map, start with the 'cities' first. Only a handful of those. As I stated in the PM, the ratio is 30 / 60 / 120 : Cities / Towns / Villages respective. It was meant to be little more than the same 'structures' strewn across the planet.

As for planting a flag. Can't do that. Kerbtown's alternate location load bug likes to summon THE KRAKKEN on my particular configuration.

v0.29 is ready and this time includes KerbTown and KSC++. There are no other mod dependencies so if this is the first time you've installed KerbinSide you can just skip to the installation instructions at the bottom.

Upgrading from 0.2 to 0.29:

Delete the following folders and their content out of your GameData folder

CrashFlyingAcademy

KerbiceBuildings

KSC2

Wayland_Corp

(You may of course re-install the originals. You are only deleting them so any use of the parts by KerbinSide is removed.)

Now proceed to the installation instructions below.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/KerbinSide029.zip

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Drop the contents of GameData in KerbinSide029.zip in to your KSP GameData folder. DO overwrite LackMisc if you have it installed. I use a lot of Lack's excellent parts and overwrite his configs in order to add KerbinSide's instances.

What's 6.4X Kerbin? Not a clue. If you mean RSS, then nope, it doesn't.

It's one of the different scales of Kerbin for RSS.

Anyway, wanted to throw out a suggestion. Do you think you could make a base similar to that of the Stennis Space Center? A place to test rocket engines and such. Making sound and effect adjustments would be alot easier if I had a place to test them from. :) Plus it also makes KSP seem more realistic.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

KerbTown's placement of static objects relies on static/constant co-ordinates and Kerbin-Side is on stock Kerbin, so no, there's no support for any other scale or variant of the planet.

" Do you think you could make a base similar to that of the Stennis Space Center? A place to test rocket engines and such. Making sound and effect adjustments would be alot easier if I had a place to do them from."

Great idea. Added to the 'want to do' list.

EDIT - Really like Better Atmospheres btw. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the next version of EVE.

Edited by AlphaAsh

KerbTown's placement of static objects relies on static/constant co-ordinates and Kerbin-Side is on stock Kerbin, so no, there's no support for any other scale or variant of the planet.

" Do you think you could make a base similar to that of the Stennis Space Center? A place to test rocket engines and such. Making sound and effect adjustments would be alot easier if I had a place to do them from."

Great idea. Added to the 'want to do' list.

EDIT - Really like Better Atmospheres btw. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the next version of EVE.

I too love all the new models and am getting a sense of glee landing my Shuttles at Jeb's Retreat.

Can't wait to test these bad boys when the new Rocket Testing Center comes out.

H0TxHTh.png?1

Jeb's resort helipad needs to be moved up about five meters...

Also- a list of co-ordinates would be nice (I fly with mechjeb, so.... I need them for landing autopilot.)

Edited by Mekan1k

Yeah, same here.

Bizarre. The buildings on top of the side-platform, are they 'offset' as well or are they in the correct position as per my screenshot above (separated and floating in the air)?

Bizarre. The buildings on top of the side-platform, are they 'offset' as well or are they in the correct position as per my screenshot above (separated and floating in the air)?

Here's some images of it.

pZT72cM.png?1

It seems to be in the correct position

a5rdNNX.png?1

TSG, can you risk cranking up some of your GFX settings? I'm interested to see if it's to do with terrain rendering. It's almost like our terrains aren't the same, which is really strange.