[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Hey, I'm having a problem with this mod. I buy building upgrades in career mode then go into a building and leave and they reset to level 0. I have some other mods but i think this one is doing it. It's Pretty annoying to have a part and mass limit.

Edit: Just found this in log: [ERR 20:04:57.339] [DestructibleBuilding]: ID for this building is not defined correctly. Cannot unregister.

Also made a video to show what happens:

Edited by ub43

This bug was fixed in Kerbal Konstructs. The version of KK included with KerbinSide quickly becomes out-dated. Get the latest Kerbal Konstructs, which is regularly updated.

EDIT - Actually, no, that isn't the old bug that KK had. Are you testing KSP x64 in Windows? Also, have you actually confirmed that you can't reproduce the problem after uninstalling Kerbal Konstructs and KerbinSide?

Edited by AlphaAsh

No, I'm not testing x64. I'll check if it still happens after deleting the mods. If so i'm just going to re install the game and my mods.

Edit: Everything is fine with stock. I'm going to put in my mods in batches to see which is causing the issue.

Edit Edit: Seems it's not this mod doing it. Time to put mods in 1 by 1.

Edited by ub43

No, I'm not testing x64. I'll check if it still happens after deleting the mods. If so i'm just going to re install the game and my mods.

Edit: Everything is fine with stock. I'm going to put in my mods in batches to see which is causing the issue.

Edit Edit: Seems it's not this mod doing it. Time to put mods in 1 by 1.

Good idea. KK definitely has a fix in it to initialise buildings properly at the start of a career game, so I'm not dismissing it being responsible. So this would be very helpful in confirming it.

EDIT: Ninjad

Hello, AlphaAsh, first of all say that you're doing a great job with your mod, but i'm having an issue, How can I turn back the original files of the kerbin Base, I mean, i have already Un-installed the game lots of times but the buildings of your mod still there in career mode, even without installing the mod also i erase everything of the installation file so I don't know what to do, if you help me i'll be very thankful with you so please help me

pd: is just that I want the look of the original base nothing personal.. :D

Quick question, and I apologize if this turns into a spoilers thing. I'm starting to work on a terrain mod that would look like Devil's Tower in Wyoming (the place at the end of Close Encounters of the Third Kind).

Before I got too far down the road with it, I was curious if this mod had already done something like that in one of it's many sections.

Can anyone tell me?

I've encountered a couple of issues with the contracts.

-While flying a research base to the golden pyramid I found out that the waypoint hovers about 10m above the surface, making it impossible to actually arrive at the right location with a horizontally designed craft.

-Some of the crafts require a module data transmitter (stock antenna). Remote Tech uses its own transmitter module and disables the stock one.

Any chance for a compatibility patch?

-While flying a research base to the golden pyramid I found out that the waypoint hovers about 10m above the surface, making it impossible to actually arrive at the right location with a horizontally designed craft.

-Some of the crafts require a module data transmitter (stock antenna). Remote Tech uses its own transmitter module and disables the stock one.

Any chance for a compatibility patch?

AntennaRange does the same thing (ModuleLimitedDataReceiver), so it should also get rolled into the patch.

Reporting a suggestion raised elsewhere on the forums: there are quite a few people who would be very happy if Kerbinside included a racetrack. A perennial problem in the challenge threads is that of how to define track boundaries when racing.

Personally, I'd also love it if there was something usable as an air-racing circuit (a collection of pairs of tall pylons, basically, perhaps numbered for easy route descriptions). Just racing to the island airstrip and back gets dull after a while.

There's an update for the contracts coming shortly. Regarding that particular contract, you shouldn't have to get right on the waypoint for the parameter to be met. IIRC it's within 200m with that contract.

EDIT - Yup, it's within 200m.

Edited by AlphaAsh

v1.2 of Kerbin-SideJobs now available from KerbalStuff.

Changelog:

• Increased number of possible destinations for some contracts.
  • Improved accuracy of waypoint positions.
  • Loosened up the vicinity ranges for some parameters.
  • Added a couple of new contracts. Rescue survivors of a plane crash!
  • RemoteTech support for craft antenna requirements.

... if Kerbinside included a racetrack... if there was something usable as an air-racing circuit.

Both planned for the next update of KerbinSide.

AntennaRange does the same thing (ModuleLimitedDataReceiver), so it should also get rolled into the patch.

I added RT support because it was easy - I nicked some code from nightingale's contracts. I'll see whether AntennaRange is doable for the next update of Kerbin-SideJobs.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Quick question, and I apologize if this turns into a spoilers thing. I'm starting to work on a terrain mod that would look like Devil's Tower in Wyoming (the place at the end of Close Encounters of the Third Kind).

Before I got too far down the road with it, I was curious if this mod had already done something like that in one of it's many sections.

Can anyone tell me?

You're fine chap. There's nothing really like that in KerbinSide. Look forward to seeing it.

I'm sorry if this is a trivial problem, but for some reason, even in sandbox mode, my Kerbinside ground stations don't have red dots to show that Remote tech is working. I only see a red dot in the default KSC location. How do I enable remote tech on ground stations with Kerbinside?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the OP. But where do I put the code for the RT2 config?

Edited by Insanitic

You have made me a very happy Kerbal. :)

I was thinking about doing something like the giant inflatable cones from the Red Bull racing but went for something a little more conventional to begin with.

stuntrings.jpg

I was worried I'd made this too large (the top ring is 100m in diameter) but after trying to fly my 0.625 plane through it... no they're not too large :P

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry if this is a trivial problem, but for some reason, even in sandbox mode, my Kerbinside ground stations don't have red dots to show that Remote tech is working. I only see a red dot in the default KSC location. How do I enable remote tech on ground stations with Kerbinside?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the OP. But where do I put the code for the RT2 config?

RemoteTech creates a config the first time it's ran. You can probably get better help in the RT thread here.

I was thinking about doing something like the giant inflatable cones from the Red Bull racing but went for something a little more conventional to begin with.

http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/stuntrings.jpg

I was worried I'd made this too large (the top ring is 100m in diameter) but after trying to fly my 0.625 plane through it... no they're not too large :P

I'd be more keen on the Red Bull version, personally; they had good reasons for doing it that way.

KSP wingspans vary a great deal (and while you can roll to fit your wings through a narrow gate, that doesn't work for rings), and the difficulty of flying at speed through a tight ring increases massively if you move from stock aero to the much more slippery air of FAR (which is what a lot of aircraft-focused players would be using). Races aren't much fun if it takes twenty attempts just to complete the course; it becomes more frustrating than enjoyable, especially if you're also trying to do it fast. Perhaps a mix of numbered gates and rings, so that people could set up an all-ring or all-gate course as they choose?

Regardless, I'll be glad to see more of whatever you come up with. Thanks again for the nifty mod. :)

I'd be more keen on the Red Bull version, personally; they had good reasons for doing it that way.

KSP wingspans vary a great deal (and while you can roll to fit your wings through a narrow gate, that doesn't work for rings), and the difficulty of flying at speed through a tight ring increases massively if you move from stock aero to the much more slippery air of FAR (which is what a lot of aircraft-focused players would be using). Races aren't much fun if it takes twenty attempts just to complete the course; it becomes more frustrating than enjoyable, especially if you're also trying to do it fast. Perhaps a mix of numbered gates and rings, so that people could set up an all-ring or all-gate course as they choose?

Regardless, I'll be glad to see more of whatever you come up with. Thanks again for the nifty mod. :)

Yeah, after trying to fly those rings I'm starting to think giant inflatable cones would be better. Possibly with no colliders. Of course the issue there is you're reliant on the honour system.

Hmmm, I might talk to nightingale about this. Some waypoint jiggery-pokery to support air-races might be doable.

Yeah, after trying to fly those rings I'm starting to think giant inflatable cones would be better. Possibly with no colliders. Of course the issue there is you're reliant on the honour system.

Hmmm, I might talk to nightingale about this. Some waypoint jiggery-pokery to support air-races might be doable.

I think a good air-racing track is more about gate placement than small gate size. Ideally, you want a course that alows both extreme speeds and extreme G's: decent length straights followed by clusters of tight turns. Something that requires throttling down occasionally, but where the consequence of a slight error is mostly a slower time rather than an explosive death (not that there's anything wrong with an occasional bit of explosive death, but all things in moderation etc.).

Relying on the honour system isn't too much of a problem; screenshots as you pass the gates covers that. And an overly-competitive low-honesty player is just going to abuse F5/F9 to get past difficult collision-enabled gates, anyway. Cheating in Kerbal challenges is so easy to do that it's usually not worth the bother of attempting to prevent it.

But a waypoint system would be nice, too.

How do I launch from the VAB to a Helipad location? The button is greyed out and I see them listed in the "all" tab, but I cannot select them, can I only launch to those from the SPH or something?