[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

Like, with the new aero/thermal dynamics?

I don't think it does with the thermal dynamics, but it should work with aero dynamics since it has an aerodynamic shape. I'll be able to update it next weekend hopefully! :)

So I found some free time tonight, and I'll have some more tomorrow since it's the weekend. I felt like the Rodan needed a revamp, since we have new stuff about the V2, like that awesome abort test. I was also thinking of including an umbilical, opinions? If I don't get this done by next weekend I'll still put out an update to make this work in 1.0.2. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Uploaded 0.2.3 to kerbalstuff. Hopefully it works for 1.0, I do not have time to test it but I added the ablator resource to it so thermodynamics should work.

Also progress on the revamp!

LdZmZWC.png

This looks awesome. I have been seeking a larger crew capsule for designing larger ships, I assume this seats 7? Based on the Dragon v2.

It seats 4 kerbals currently.

That pod looks alittle bigger then the first one you made looks real good and as always can't wait to get my little kerbal hands on it :)

EDIT- O I see now too you going for a real copy of it with the nose cone.

Actually, I tried it and it worked properly for me. So I guess it's working.

Good news!

That pod looks alittle bigger then the first one you made looks real good and as always can't wait to get my little kerbal hands on it :)

EDIT- O I see now too you going for a real copy of it with the nose cone.

Yep, I felt like making it closer to the original

You have caught the endless revamp bug too? :D

Looks really nice.

Indeed lol.

Please smooth the corners like I've shown you previously. :rolleyes:

Modern aerospace vehicles applications always have smoothed corners of windows due to fatigue and stress concentration concerns.

Modern aerospace vehicles applications always have smoothed corners of windows due to fatigue and stress concentration concerns.

Feel free to made a model and lets see your work ?

In the current release I have a problem where I can't attach anything to the bottom of the dragon. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

You can use the node cheat in debug or edit the file to match

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.8, 0.0, 0.0, [COLOR="#FF0000"]-[/COLOR]1.0, 0.0, 1

Just added a - in front of the 1

Yes, I am planning to smooth out the corners. Remember that is not the final product. :wink:

In the current release I have a problem where I can't attach anything to the bottom of the dragon. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Hmm, was this something changed in 1.0 or something? It seems MeCripp might havve fixed it.

Thanks for an awesome new spacecraft! Rodan is probably going to be my new Kerbin to LKO ferry. I'm excited to see where you go with this!

Thanks! :)

I was flying a resupply mission yesterday with Rodan, and I noticed something odd. MechJeb would not dock Rodan to anything else because it couldn't control Rodan from a docking port.

Has anybody else had this issue?

I was flying a resupply mission yesterday with Rodan, and I noticed something odd. MechJeb would not dock Rodan to anything else because it couldn't control Rodan from a docking port.

Is it because of something wrong in the config used by the Rodan docking port? Or maybe it has to do with the nose cone opening.

It might be because the docking port is part of the pod. The revamp will have a separate docking port as default though.

Pretty good so far...

http://snag.gy/BhakU.jpg

Mmm, yes, that is looking nice. :) Hopefully on this new version the engine pods will be visually symmetrical, AND that the thrust vectors will be aligned with the CoM so as to not produce any torque? The current version has both of these issues. The thrust torque imbalance isn't anything that the reaction wheels can't handle, but it's just annoying that I can't null it out using RCSBuildAid.

Anyway, my 2 cents. :) Looking forward to the updated 'Rodan', Tygoo!

Later! :D

Mmm, yes, that is looking nice. :) Hopefully on this new version the engine pods will be visually symmetrical, AND that the thrust vectors will be aligned with the CoM so as to not produce any torque? The current version has both of these issues. The thrust torque imbalance isn't anything that the reaction wheels can't handle, but it's just annoying that I can't null it out using RCSBuildAid.

Anyway, my 2 cents. :) Looking forward to the updated 'Rodan', Tygoo!

Later! :D

Thanks, could you give me some more info on what the problem the current version is causing? I'm not entirely sure what it is but I also want to make sure that it doesn't happen with the revamp.