[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Hi,

Is there gone come a MicroSat in RemoteTech 2?

Like the MicroSat From RemoteTech 1.

Well, if your looking for a small directional satellite the one I posted above is fairly small, but a little long. It has an angle of 15° I have another one that I need to skin that has an angle of 45° these are both smaller antennae and have not been totally balanced, but they work, and are small directional antennae that operate like satellite dishes... If your talking about a probe body, that I have no answer about.

Most of the MicroSat works alittle the solar panels need a boost the decouple needs some love and the antennae.

EDIT- OK what is the LICENSE now, Can any of the old dish and stuff be posted ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Ok, So I have finished the small antenna that was basically made to replace the DTS-M1 It is the real world equivilant... also the picture below is the satellite arm I am working on, it is unskinned atm. The arm will be made to deploy, and then if RT2 adds tracking it will handle the target tracking.

Edit: I have added captures of the arm in action. Currently it just has a VERY basic skin, if anyone is skilled in skinning wants to help please drop me a pm, I could use a hand in this department.

HelixAntennae

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by MrWizerd

I love the concept of this mod. That said, using it has made my game unplayable. I have been on a several month run working toward warp with Interstellar and even with the update I am having crash after crash. The main problem is that the game locks up when loading ships. When I remove the .Dell for RT the ships load fine and the game runs smooth.

My question is, I have two expeditions out that can't transmit data with the RT parts. One at Dina and one arriving at Jool. I don't want to just collect data and fly it all the way home, so is there a way to keep RT parts so I can load the ships, but have the antennas act like they do in stock mode?

Again, I really like the concept and the creators should be commended. I just don't want to start all this over again right when I've started to land at the interesting places.

I love the concept of this mod. That said, using it has made my game unplayable. I have been on a several month run working toward warp with Interstellar and even with the update I am having crash after crash. The main problem is that the game locks up when loading ships. When I remove the .Dell for RT the ships load fine and the game runs smooth.

My question is, I have two expeditions out that can't transmit data with the RT parts. One at Dina and one arriving at Jool. I don't want to just collect data and fly it all the way home, so is there a way to keep RT parts so I can load the ships, but have the antennas act like they do in stock mode?

Again, I really like the concept and the creators should be commended. I just don't want to start all this over again right when I've started to land at the interesting places.

Delete the plugin folder in RT2's folder and all the CFG's files and unzip this 1 there should work https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/RT2_2_Stock.cfg.zip

Most of the MicroSat works alittle the solar panels need a boost the decouple needs some love and the antennae.

EDIT- OK what is the LICENSE now, Can any of the old dish and stuff be posted ?

The MicroSat, AeroProbe and non-AIES tracking dishes where all made by me. Feel free to repurpose them and reupload anyway you want (given that credit is given and of course no profiting)

Hello!

I have been working on 10x kerbin RSS and have moved to the point of setting up more ground stations on kerbin. I attempted to create create 2 other Ground Stations but I noticed you need a Guid. So I attempted to create psuedo Guid and use them but it didn't work. Do you know how to create these numbers? So far I have:

STATION
{
Guid = 173d56a6-0b96-791e6ef8-6feb-c99277b137
Name = Highlander
Latitude = 20.58070
Longitude = -146.521156
Height = 422.0
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+13
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 76a05777-228c-2c32-7bd8-3f0df22d1b35
Name = Lamp
Latitude = 4.2471
Longitude = 109.5422
Height = 40.0
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+13
}
}
}

Edited by jsimmons

Just started playing with RT2, and have a question i didn't see answered in the docs and various guides:

I know that a comm sat might need multiple dishes, so that it can connect to multiple targets, but is the same also true for omni antennas? Is the reason for multiple dishes simply because of the cone.... or is it that one RT-antenna can only connect to one target at a time, even omnis?

Just started playing with RT2, and have a question i didn't see answered in the docs and various guides:

I know that a comm sat might need multiple dishes, so that it can connect to multiple targets, but is the same also true for omni antennas? Is the reason for multiple dishes simply because of the cone.... or is it that one RT-antenna can only connect to one target at a time, even omnis?

A dish can talk to multiple things if it's targeted at something like a planet or moon (it can reach anything which is inside the cone at the targeted SoI), or a single craft if it's targeted specifically at that craft.

An omni can talk to any number of things inside its range (which also has the range to talk back, of course).

---

For example, the Kerbin relay satellites I'm using in my network have (Com32) 5Mm omnis for relaying each neighbour + Mission Control, and two short range dishes each, which are pointed at the Mun and Minmus repectively.

The Mun and Minmus relays also have short range dishes which are pointed back at Kerbin, this SoI targetting allows any Kerbin relay to talk to any Mun or Minmus relay and vice versa.

Edited by NoMrBond

@NoMrBond:

Thank you! This pretty much explained everything. So with omni's, i only need to consider range, not how many connections it might have to make. As i exceed the range of omnis, i have to for long range connections pack as many dishes as simultaneus connections might be needed (unless its a dish with a sufficiently wide arc, so that it can i.e. cover an entire planet with its cone).

My current plan is to have a four-sat equatorial network around kerbin, omnis that can reach the neighbours, then two medium range dishes for uplink and downlink. For really long range stuff, i'm probably going to send a dedicated polar orbit sat up, which can then use the equatorial sats to relay from/to kerbin.

Again, thanks for the direct answer.

A dish can talk to multiple things if it's targeted at something like a planet or moon (it can reach anything which is inside the cone at the targeted SoI)

I have tried this a number of times and found that it just doesn't work at all. If I target the Mun from a kerbin-orbiting satellite with a dish, then none of the satellites around the Mun will make contact, even though they are well within the cone showing on the screen. What's wrong? On the other hand if I aim at the specific satellite then it works.

You still have to aim the dishes on the mun at that specific sat, OR if there angle is big enough they can ALSO be pointed back at the originating planet, here kerbin. So you would set Dish A to point at Mun, and Dish be AT mun to point AT Kerbin. and if you have several dishes set this way as they orbit Kerbin they will keep a cone on mun, and the ones on mun will always have a cone on Kerbin so long as your not on the dark side of mun. BOTH dishes HAVE to have a target though.

I have tried this a number of times and found that it just doesn't work at all. If I target the Mun from a kerbin-orbiting satellite with a dish, then none of the satellites around the Mun will make contact, even though they are well within the cone showing on the screen. What's wrong? On the other hand if I aim at the specific satellite then it works.

Do you have the 1's around the Mun targeting Kerbin and Kerbin targeting Mun ?

That's weird, my whole current network is set up this way (SoI targeting between Kerbin (KRS x5) /Mun (MuRS x3) /Minmus (MiRS x2)) and it works just fine even to the polar ground stations on the top and bottom of the Mun and Minmus. All the orbtial relays are identical save location, a 5Mm omni and two short range dishes, the Kerbin ones are pointed Mun/Minmus, the Mun ones Kerbin/Minmus and the Minmus ones Kerbin/Mun.

I have exactly one targeted link set up presently for my Duna relay package which is in transit to Duna, once it arrives I expect to flick that relay over to targeting Duna's SoI instead of the ship specifically too

Edited by NoMrBond

If you use a dish with a longer range than necessary its communication cone can be too narrow for satellites orbiting the targeted body to be (reliably) within the arc it provides

Also happens if the accepting satellites are orbiting so high above the targeted body they pass outside of the comms arc pointed at it

Also, if you set Multiple Antenna Multiplier >0 you can use more than one omni together and you'll get a boosted range.

Wait this bears noting, is the Multiple Antenna Multiplier a cfg thing? If so were? The reason I ask is because I will usually have two comunotron 32's on a Sattelite due to a desire to have symmetry. But your saying somewhere I can gang them together increase range? Is there more documentation on this somewhere?

Edited by MrWizerd

Wait this bears noting, is the Multiple Antenna Multiplier a cfg thing? If so were? The reason I ask is because I will usually have two comunotron 32's on a Sattelite due to a desire to have symmetry. But your saying somewhere I can gang them together increase range? Is there more documentation on this somewhere?

Look in your RT2 folder look at RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Planet, Path

EnableSignalDelay = True

RangeModelType = Standard

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0 <------------HERE

ThrottleTimeWarp = True

DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1

OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1

ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1

Thought there was one more you had to change to use that ? maybe RangeModelType but don't remember. Edited by Mecripp2

That did not work when I tried it. Only aiming at the specific satellite worked.

I remember reading a while ago, that by default, the cones of the dishes are so narrow, that if you do not have the optimal dish for a given range, the cone is even smaller than the planet (or typical orbits around it).

Of course, the cone is in the partfiles (it's called "Dishangle"), so if you consider them too strict, you could fix that with a few keystrokes. Not sure if that applies to already deployed ships though.

Edited by rynak
extra info