Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Kerbal Stuff has passed 5,000 users (currently 5,108 registered users) and is now sitting at 333 mods. We only need 36 more mods to overtake Curse!

In other news, I added CKAN integration to the site. Now all mods uploaded to Kerbal Stuff are automatically added to CKAN. I'll go back and link existing mods to CKAN a little later.

Kerbal Stuff has passed 5,000 users (currently 5,108 registered users) and is now sitting at 333 mods. We only need 36 more mods to overtake Curse!

In other news, I added CKAN integration to the site. Now all mods uploaded to Kerbal Stuff are automatically added to CKAN. I'll go back and link existing mods to CKAN a little later.

Hey SirCmpwn, awesome news on both account! :D

I was just wondering if we can get some more details about the CKAN integration: specifically, how and when can the author setup dependencies, recommends, and such? I don't see anything new about the site...

Sooo, who do I contact to fix an error on KerbalStuff?

Either I had 10,000 people download my mod in one day, or there was an error. As happy as the former would make me, I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

My understanding is that there's a bug in which partial-pulls (HTTP requests for data ranges, rather than the whole file) are counting as downloads. That means if someone's client/browser breaks up the download request, or loses connection and attempts to resume the download, each of those pulls will count once.

My mods have all seen some days where the counts went up by thousands as a result of whatever is going on out there with people's downloads. I think it doesn't actually translate to how many people got the file.

Hey SirCmpwn, awesome news on both account! :D

I was just wondering if we can get some more details about the CKAN integration: specifically, how and when can the author setup dependencies, recommends, and such? I don't see anything new about the site...

It just submits a basic CKAN JSON blob as a pull request that can later be modified. Someone from CKAN is working on giving you more say in customization here.

It just submits a basic CKAN JSON blob as a pull request that can later be modified. Someone from CKAN is working on giving you more say in customization here.

Okay, awesome :)

It would be cool to have like a form to enter the information on the mod's page - time to learn my way around KS' source, I guess :)

Is Kerbal Stuff down for anyone else?

It was down earlier for ~15 minutes before I was notified and brought it back up. The application server crashes occasionally. I've raised the issue before, and it was regarded as a "fluke", but I think it's clearly a more regular thing. There's currently no watchdog process to make sure the application server stays running. As far as I know, the root cause of the crashes is unknown.

Hi all. I have been working on re-designing Kerbal Stuff for fun. I am just getting into web design so I am still learning. If you guys are interested I will keep this updated.

http://i.imgur.com/BwyN4JM.png

Feel free to keep at it for fun, but don't expect it to be applied to the site. Let's wait a little while before we do another redesign.