502 Error Ocurrance List

Javster

I hate it when that happens All you can do is try again. Heck, it happened to me on Twitter once.

As far as I'm aware of, it's a connection failure on OUR end, not theirs..... For once. So I believe. It should just be a faulty connection with the information, because a quick reload, fixes it. Besides, 502 are almost, not our fault.

Bit confused here. From the other thread:

"502's occur due to a server between yourself and the KSP forums not responding, there's nothing we can do about it, sorry."

Just seems odd that I only hit a problematic server on the way to the KSP forums. Do you mean a server used by your server host or not? My brain hurts.

The whole system is rather hard to understand because the KSP forums are hosted on a CDN (by Multiplay) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

I'm sorry but I don't have more information about the errors and their cause at the moment. All I know is that the server(s) have been experiencing extremely high CPU loads, which is what caused the 502 errors and also that 'bare' screen posted by Galacticruler. That happens when the forum document loads, but the style documents (which govern how the forums look) don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm reverting back to my original statement, I would like this stickied, I'll alter it. Maybe make it a public archive for the users... Also answering any and all questions about 502s.

Fair enough Mods?

This comment...

If there's an overwhelming need to inform people about the 502 errors, it's more likely you'll see a locked stickied topic made by Kasper or one of the other seniors with any information needed. There's no need to go through the question-and-answer format six hundred times in a row when a simple FAQ will do. At present, it doesn't seem necessary.

If there's an overwhelming need to inform people about the 502 errors, it's more likely you'll see a locked stickied topic made by Kasper or one of the other seniors with any information needed. There's no need to go through the question-and-answer format six hundred times in a row when a simple FAQ will do. At present, it doesn't seem necessary.

Well the former seems more proper. If you made a locked thread to do the same, as long as its altered depending on the circumstances... Because a single explaination added to the thread about why there are currently frequent downs... Thats just as good in my eyes.

ive noticed the 502 errors as well. Ive ALSO noticed <probably not connected, probably, decidedly not? > that Netflix has been having a TON of "We are having trouble playing this title right now" kinda nonsense the last few days too... perhaps something bigger is going on in the interwebs?

ive noticed the 502 errors as well. Ive ALSO noticed <probably not connected, probably, decidedly not? > that Netflix has been having a TON of "We are having trouble playing this title right now" kinda nonsense the last few days too... perhaps something bigger is going on in the interwebs?

Netflix is having a different problems... Netflix is having difficulty loading titles probably because there are too many people are overwhelming their servers. Basically like trying to run 100,000,000,000,000 versions of ksp with 1000 part ships launching at the same time, with a supercomputer. Sure, the supercomputer can handle ksp easily. But when you stack up the numbers beyond single servers capability. It starts dropping requests.

Refreshing the page sometimes works, is there anything I can do when I get the 502?

EDIT: the irony... While posting this I got a 502... Chrome warned me about navigating away from the page...

Yeah, they're popping up here and there. They don't seem to last more than a few seconds at most. Hopefully Multiplay manage to sort it out, but it is sticks around too long, we might have to see if alexmora can find out anything...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.