[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

A stupid request, perhaps, but is there a small laser (like the one in Romsfarer's Lazor mod) for this?

Well you can just add the tweakscale module to a cfg file like I do. It works just fine for the ABL laser and the minigun.

The more accurately you can describe it, the better chance I have of reproducing the problem and working on a fix, or figuring out if its a user error and telling you how to solve it.

Update on my problems, after a series of tests:

As related to later clarification, some of the problem was likely related to the manager thinking that the missiles were obstructed and could not fire -- I could fire them fine manually (most of the time), and this also came up with a number of gun configurations. This is likely 90% of the problem.

A few other oddities: some weapons (I have not tried all) would not fire from ground to air, the instance at the forefront of my mind was the radial cannon would not engage air targets, even very low-flying ones (though I freely admit this could be one of those 'I think obscured' issues); the weapon manager also seems to be particular about its own obstructed field of view, so mounting it mid-wing will often have it 'miss' targets hidden by the wing -- I presume this is intended behavior, but is mildly irksome; SAMs would not engage my helicopter, though they would freely fly at other fixed-wing aircraft, with the same setup of guards for each case.

Unrelated, pertaining to the proposed shot distribution: if a true normal distribution is too troublesome, you can cheaply approximate it with y = (x^2 - 1)^2… gives you a Gauss-like distribution across x = -1..1

I feel like I can never spoof incoming sidewinders, Is there a trick, or a way to add an accuracy slider, call it something like "shelf life"?

Additionally, I like career restrictions, but populating enemy craft with this mod can be expensive. I'd love a way to spawn predetermined craft while in flight and for free. (Spawn "Precached Vessel type" co-alt, 3km"). Also, maybe a button in the editor too for launching from the hangar but with no career cost for those of us with Kerbinside.

Edited by UAL002

The trick to avoiding missiles, AIM-9 or AIM-120s is to turn inside of them. You fire your countermeasures off then turn sharp in another direction. You have to make them overshoot.

Well, that's the trick with the real thing... does that work here. I used to just spam flares and that used to work. I guess I'll try not spamming them right up to impact.

I have noticed an issue with firing missiles, at random times after firing AGM missiles, my intakes on my plane will become "occluded", causing my engines to cut out, makes it very hard to avoid missiles and to fly for that matter.

Edited by Atheu

The trick to avoiding missiles, AIM-9 or AIM-120s is to turn inside of them. You fire your countermeasures off then turn sharp in another direction. You have to make them overshoot.

If you have a fast and manouverable enough aircraft, you don't really need flares to avoid AA missiles. You just do an 15+ g turn when the missile is ~1km from your tail.

i maked a sets of starwarslike laser guns/blasters with some cfg editing+sound effects ;)

Or you could wait for my upgrades to BDArmory im almost done with.

For now there are team colored tracers and team colored hit effects, and for now its blue vs red tracers (you cant really replicate star wars as if i recall right vader's troops used green in the air and the other side used red, but im working on a way to enable specific weapons to override the team tracers if need be. It will (hopefully) be a configureable option though, so you can go into menu and switch between team tracers and the default colors defined in the part files.

That said, you do not want to know HOW epic it looks with some cfg tweaks to make the weapons behave more cinematically. Its basically star wars style warship on warship with my new mod's team tracers (except wrong colors atm as no green :D). Ohh, ive also added a new option to lower recoil for a weapon (say if someone made a recoilless rilfe they could use this) so my new cinematic weapons do not actually induce recoil and they fire really slow so you get those long drawn out broadside ship on ship shootouts. Ill upload some pics of it in action once i effin finish it. As much as i wanted to, im having major issues with adding more teams to the game, id like to have 4-8 teams optional, but for now i guess itll have to be 2 teams, with their own team colored tracers that change as you change team, and a few other fixes like rebalancing weapons (god those lasers are OP, now they are more in line with what i envisioned them to be good at, very accurate, but short range and lowish DPM compared to any other cannons), as well as the addition of the new option that allows you to lower the recoil of a particular weapon by a percentage in its .cfg file (useful for recoilless or energy weapons or whatnot) as an option (defaults to 100% recoil as stock mod if unspecified).

Ohh, and there are also slightly different hit effects that im still working on, which will change based on what you hit. hitting the ground will have something similar to right now, hitting a vehicle/ship will give some sparks in teh color of the round that hit it (im still having issues with teh colors atm), so if you get hit by a blue tracer itll have a blue parky effect, and it has a different effect for recoil as well.

That said, im making the team tracers optional (menu button) since the way it looks is im guessing not for everyone. It does start to look like something out of sci-fi when you get multiple ships everywhere shooting each other, and im pretty sure real life doesnt use energy weapons.

Edited by panzer1b

kkqS2oA.png

these are both fired from same ship, i just toggled the teams to switch tracer colors

QbWLzlv.png

L317no9.png

colors themselves are placeholders, pure blue/red looks a little too much liek star wars, so i went with a more cyany and stock like orange/red combo. cyan is actually closer to german WW2 cannon tracers in planes, and well orange/red is just a common tracer type.

team colored tracers FTW!

Now if only i can find a way to fix the bug i overlooked.......that the tracers are all the same based on what team my active vessel is, i need it to have different color based or source vessel. If you could help me with this Bahamuto id appreciate it, really like this feature but it doesnt quite work that well when the enemy and you always fire same colors despite being on diff teams.

That aside, the team colored effects are working nicely too, but still wip, will show screenie once i get it to a point im happy with.

Edited by panzer1b

Panzer, maybe you can go up a notch by putting that option in weapons manager and adding the options Use custom tracer colors (or something along those lines) and their RGB values. That way, players can have it whatever color they want, unless that's what your planning already. :D

This is a great idea, you should definitely continue working with it. Good luck, man, I hope you come up with something great.

Edited by Forty21112

I'm looking to configure some weapons for this mod, just wondering if anyone could provide a summary of what each field does in the BahaTurret module. Some are self explanatory (like roundsPerMinute, etc.) but several others such as heatLoss, onlyFireInRange, etc I can't pin down what they actually do. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to configure some weapons for this mod, just wondering if anyone could provide a summary of what each field does in the BahaTurret module. Some are self explanatory (like roundsPerMinute, etc.) but several others such as heatLoss, onlyFireInRange, etc I can't pin down what they actually do. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Give a full list of what you can't figure out and we can help. Unless Baha gets here first, then he'll likely cover it because he's nice like that.

Give a full list of what you can't figure out and we can help. Unless Baha gets here first, then he'll likely cover it because he's nice like that.

Ok here is what I have so far (hopefully this is all period)-

1.accuracy: Lower is better, correct?

2.bulletMass: I believe it affects how much the bullet drops, does it affect recoil as well?

3.maxTargetingRange is normally 5000 it seems, I assume because BDArmory makes 5km the load/unload distance, but how does onlyFireInRange affect that, or does it? If not, what does onlyFireInRange do?

4.What is the relationship between maxHeat, heatPerShot, and heatLoss? I'm pretty sure that is the damage-dealing aspect of the weapon, but what does each mean? maxHeat always seems to be 3600.

5.Is tracer start and end width just aesthetic?

6.Does maxEffectiveDistance control damage done by the weapon, and maxTargetingRange control aiming? Does onlyFireInRange relate to this?

7.On the Vulcan, what does oneShotSound mean, and why is hasFireAnimation falsewhen there is a muzzle flash animation for it?

Thanks so much for the help!

I was looking over the tracer post, and I thing some sort of different Teams involving the flag you select on the space center or the editors will be great. The thing I mean is if you select the same flag for 2 BDArmory ships they would be Allies (No between same Flags) and if you select different ones will be Enemies (They shoot at other Flags), that will be better than the current Team selector :wink:

I was looking over the tracer post, and I thing some sort of different Teams involving the flag you select on the space center or the editors will be great. The thing I mean is if you select the same flag for 2 BDArmory ships they would be Allies (No between same Flags) and if you select different ones will be Enemies (They shoot at other Flags), that will be better than the current Team selector :wink:

Do you really think that that would be worth the effort or do you not understand the effort that goes into things like this?

Also, for whatever reason, I wasn't able to rescale the AIM120s before but I think that was user error. Changing their reacalefactor to .95 did the trick. They can easily be loaded inside the Mk2 Cargo Bay and fired from high speeds without issue.

Ok here is what I have so far (hopefully this is all period)-

1.accuracy: Lower is better, correct?

2.bulletMass: I believe it affects how much the bullet drops, does it affect recoil as well?

3.maxTargetingRange is normally 5000 it seems, I assume because BDArmory makes 5km the load/unload distance, but how does onlyFireInRange affect that, or does it? If not, what does onlyFireInRange do?

4.What is the relationship between maxHeat, heatPerShot, and heatLoss? I'm pretty sure that is the damage-dealing aspect of the weapon, but what does each mean? maxHeat always seems to be 3600.

5.Is tracer start and end width just aesthetic?

6.Does maxEffectiveDistance control damage done by the weapon, and maxTargetingRange control aiming? Does onlyFireInRange relate to this?

7.On the Vulcan, what does oneShotSound mean, and why is hasFireAnimation falsewhen there is a muzzle flash animation for it?

Thanks so much for the help!

1: Higher is better

2: bulletMass affects recoil and damage (gravity is constant regardless of mass)

3: maxTargetingRange determines the location of the reticle if the mouse point raycast doesn't hit anything

onlyFireInRange stops the gun from firing if the mouse is aiming at something beyond the gimbal limits of the turret - nothing to do with distance.

4: These have to do with the overheating mechanic, not damage. maxHeat is an arbitrary number where if heat reaches it, the gun will stop firing until it cools off. heatLoss is the amount of heat units it cools off per second. heatPerShot is the amount of heat units it gains per shot.

5: yes

6: maxEffectiveDistance doesn't have any effect on the gun, but it helps the AI when choosing a gun.

7: oneShotSound, if true, plays the sound clip every time a bullet is fired. Since the vulcans have a looping audio clip, its false so it starts playing when you start firing, and stops when you stop firing, instead of playing the clip on every bullet fired.

Muzzle flash isn't tied to an animation, so the fixed vulcan doesn't need a fire animation. For muzzle flash, the module looks for any particle emitter components on gameObjects named muzzleTransform and emits them every time a bullet is fired.

Edited by BahamutoD

I just saw SWDennis' Tank Battles video, and for some reason his tanks did absolutely no damage to each other (except flipping them over), but in my tank battles my tanks all end up blown up by the first hit. Why is that?