[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Just a thought: Homeworld's turrets have a thing referred to as TriggerHappy, what it does is lay out a cone where the gun will just open fire, regardless of whether or not it'd have a chance to hit. Could something similar be applied to the BDA turrets based on the state of the target (Landed/splashed, in flight/sub-orbital) to say, reduce the M1 Abrams accuracy against distant aircraft with its mach 4.8 HE(AT?) round?

Hey Baha, love the way the targeting pod looks like, but perhaps you can add some 'random' text to make it look more 'awesome'? Kinda like this

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-wTco46wxSM/hqdefault.jpg

Also cool would be if that camera view also showed what weapon is loaded and how many of those are left (or incase of the turrets, how much ammo). Perheaps even a 'OVRHT' warning when the selected turrets overheat

I sincerely +1 this. This would be amazing. Maybe if we don't have the pod, we can still have a little toolbar display for ammo? Where when you load the ship it counts the number of ammo, rockets, missiles on board, and then updates when you fire some? This would be super amazing.

I wan't this targeting pod now. :sticktongue:

I sincerely +1 this. This would be amazing. Maybe if we don't have the pod, we can still have a little toolbar display for ammo? Where when you load the ship it counts the number of ammo, rockets, missiles on board, and then updates when you fire some? This would be super amazing.

I wan't this targeting pod now. :sticktongue:

I can add some more info to the display if it fits, but all that info is in the stock resource panel already.

Single missile that will be fired as vessel is not recorded. I tried with RPM by searching weapon by name and accumulate them, so that they appear in HUDs.

That's a good point. I can put those numbers in the weapon manager.

Hey guys, here's another progress report.

I've added some extra uses for the targeting pod after remembering that real Hellfires could be fired from a hidden location without a target lock, and when it comes into view of the laser-painted target, it finally locks on.

Also, now, targets painted by one vessel can be locked by another vessel.

Take a look:

Not shown, but this also means that a missile can be fired from out of physics range, and as long as you switch to it and it has a good initial trajectory, it can fly into loading range of a target that's being painted and lock on at that point.

I think the final piece of this mechanic will be smoke countermeasures that can occlude the laser point from vessels or missiles trying to hold a lock. Then I can move on to either radar or heat.

Edit - Actually I'll probably work on some GPS specific uses of it - for cruise missiles and eventually gps bombs. I kinda want an additional way of designating gps coordinates though.

Edited by BahamutoD

BD, is there going to be a way for the AI to act as a "target painter," so an AI-controlled plane can fly around and paint targets for a user-controlled craft to destroy? Target pod is looking good!

Thanks dude! ^3^

No problemo.

Edited by Fish Boy

I think the final piece of this mechanic will be smoke countermeasures that can occlude the laser point from vessels or missiles trying to hold a lock. Then I can move on to either radar or heat.

Video looks awesome. few questions

1: when using the CoM lock with a moving vehicle, does the laser guided missile account for lead? or does it just constantly update and turn? Will be useful to know for faster moving targets.

2: can you make each mechanic that I quoted a separate release? that way we will have new toys to play with while you work on radar and heat. :D

like, release laser when it's done as like 9.0, then work on radar or heat and release that as 9.1, ect ect.

Hey Bahamuto, I'm not sure if you've seen my thread for a DMP war server yet, but I would like to know if I can make a zip file containing your mod and the DMP Plugin for your mod and upload it on mediafire to share on my forum post for the server.

Thanks!

I have a question,

When a cruise missile is fired, and the target will be or is out of physics range, will the cruise missile still pursue or will it fail to continue?

Because I think something really cool would be the ability to fire cruise missiles from >20km away and be able to see them coming in to hit a target.

Or maybe being able to remotely target and fire the missiles with communications. Ah, these are just some ideas.

Anyways great job so far! Everything looks good. Big fan of your work!

Also GPS targeting will propably be necessary for cruise missiles to work. Also Objects coliding at high speeds should also create explosions, no matter if they have warheads built in. Energy would depend on mass and velocity (E=mV^2/2) (I need it for my "ZEUS" project, you can propably guess what it is)

I have a question,

When a cruise missile is fired, and the target will be or is out of physics range, will the cruise missile still pursue or will it fail to continue?

Because I think something really cool would be the ability to fire cruise missiles from >20km away and be able to see them coming in to hit a target.

Or maybe being able to remotely target and fire the missiles with communications. Ah, these are just some ideas.

Anyways great job so far! Everything looks good. Big fan of your work!

It won't work, but you can always increase physics range in bda settings (Alt + B).

Edited by bartekkru99

BD, how far away will the COM lock detect a vessel? Is it far enough that we could have military target painting satellites that can guide in missiles from orbit? Imagine the possibilities of that!

BD, how far away will the COM lock detect a vessel? Is it far enough that we could have military target painting satellites that can guide in missiles from orbit? Imagine the possibilities of that!

AI-controlled ships flying around and painting targets would be awesome. Imagine an AI-controlled plane orbiting a battlefield and painting target after target, completely independent of the player. The satellite idea is awesome, I never thought about that. BD should do that!

Edited by Fish Boy

I can imagine it now, a network of laser designator satellites, with a control station in high orbit, that can target any object on kerbin and destroy it with remotely guided munitions. This is going to take orbital support to a whole new level.

I can imagine it now, a network of laser designator satellites, with a control station in high orbit, that can target any object on kerbin and destroy it with remotely guided munitions. This is going to take orbital support to a whole new level.

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-SHIELD-Helicarriers-Trio-Screenshot.jpg