[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

i have a 3d model how do i turn it into a bomb :D

Ask Michael Bay. :D

That's quite easy to do.

You know how to make a KSP part.

If yes, just open the part.cfg of one of BDAs bombs and copy a module called MissileLauncher.

Put it into your bombs part.cfg and set thrust times and forces to 0.

Make some changes to blast values and you should be done.

An easier alternative would be to just copy-paste the existing cfg from the bomb already included with the mod and change the values as you see fit.

No need to contact a movie producer and asking him to perform his exclusive explosive magic. :sticktongue:

Edited by Forty21112

Another thing I want to discuss is the impulse generated by explosives, IMO explosions should generate a fair amount of damage (heat) to the parts within it's blast radius but not as much impulse.

I am not sure how BDArmory applies it, but it's very common to send tanks flying away with small bombs, armor is often useless against them even when it's not a direct hit.

What do you mean useless? Are these custom bombs? Because with the stock bombs, I've bombed my super armor tank, the Overcharge, A LOT. It completely ignores it, direct hit or no. Direct hits can impulse it a little bit (Too heavy to actually fly), but armor holds up. Some of the exposed low tolerance parts explode (Looking at you laser designator) but otherwise... armor is incredibly effective against bombs and missiles. Direct hit in a good spot with tank cannons are more deadly, but that is to be expected.

Don't need radar, but make sure the weapon manager has a decent range set & full field of view. If you haven't put a weapon manager part on, then it does need that yes.

It probably just didn't see me the first time then. My drone clearly doesn't have good eyesight or hearing (probably due to its lack of eyes and ears).

More AI thoughts:

* Really very badly needs a behaviour switch for a craft that has no airbrakes - currently the craft just hangs around doing nothing waiting to be shot, not understanding why it's not slowing down. You might even just be able to make this into some sort of ideal turn speed bias slider or( and? ) just have a behaviour of "gain altitude" instead of "pop airbrakes" - the behaviour is already there, you can see it when a craft makes a high barrel roll to avoid an overshoot. I've been trying to make AI energy fighters and this is killing them.

* Steer damping range isn't quite enough; for example if your craft has a fair bit of pitch inertia & you're going from +30deg AoA to full negative pitch quite often the elevators can stall because they're running ahead of the craft, even if they've less deflection range than they could have.

I'm not sure if it's okay if I did this but...

is it perfectly fine to add plugin extensions in my pack? I want things like variable nuclear yield and such... which will need to reference BD's plugin, and it will (for now) just use a few components to calculate blast and such

I think the only thing missing at this point is some manner of alignment guide for the fixed guns.

Or perhaps a UI that shows the aim pattern at x distance.

I wonder if this could be accomplished by robbing the wheel alignment indicator from the Adjustable landing gear mod? Seams reasonable enough.

I wonder if this could be accomplished by robbing the wheel alignment indicator from the Adjustable landing gear mod? Seams reasonable enough.

Actually, Baha's indicator from Adjustable Landing Gear is much better for that.

This mod apparenty has an issue............I cannot launch any craft with or without BD parts. The game will crash with a null and display a frozen ground glitch or Kerbin glitch.

1. Removed each mod one-by-one untill game works properly (game finally worked after removing BD)

2. tried on fresh install , worked

3. then added my mods back to the new install , worked only for a few times then BD crashes game 100%

4. tried fresh install again....worked

5. added my mods back , immediate fail

6. THEN took out all mods except BD . Heres where it really tricky. It still crashes game with BD only. This leads me to believe that BD does not conflict with any other mods, but rather having mods installed amplify the chances of BD triggering the NULL.

7. Any version after 0.9.2 does not work with 1.0.4 (you might have made a critical change in the code that causes the Null errors)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4efhi8625dj6gas/Player.log?dl=0

Here is the graphical glitches your mod triggers after clicking launch in the VAB

Screenshot%20from%202015-10-20%20055142.png

Screenshot%20from%202015-10-20%20055914.png

NOTICE THE NULL STUFF?!

Mods:

KAX

RSS

FireSpitter

Tweakscale

Aviator Arsenal

IR

Procedural Wings

North kerbin Dynamics

KSC Switcher

Edited by lextacy

It seems like mod conflict or improper install.

Did you use CKAN?

cant be improper install , everything is in the game data folder as should be. Mod conflict was ruled out , please read #6 . What is CKAN?

Yeah it's got to be something else. I use the most recent version and 1.04 and I don't have these problems. So saying 'This doesn't work' when clearly it works for other people, is a falsehood. It does not work for you, it seems, so maybe we can figure out the issue. But it's not the mod conflicting with 1.04.

Given I'm using 1.0.4 and BDA 0.9.9.1, that rather disproves "does not work". The log you posted ends after loading, doesn't show any nullrefs.

Well what does it post? Do you see anything out of the ordinary? You should try a test install with my exact setup on Linux. Maybe you can re-create the problem?

Well what does it post? Do you see anything out of the ordinary? You should try a test install with my exact setup on Linux. Maybe you can re-create the problem?

You are asking someone completely unaffiliated with this mod to go very very far out of the way to try and solve your problem. BDArmory is a very very popular mod and you are the only one reporting this issue so it is without a doubt something on your end. Delete your entire KSP install folder and redownload if that still does not fix the issue then it is an OS issue

You are asking someone completely unaffiliated with this mod to go very very far out of the way to try and solve your problem. BDArmory is a very very popular mod and you are the only one reporting this issue so it is without a doubt something on your end. Delete your entire KSP install folder and redownload if that still does not fix the issue then it is an OS issue

I second this. A full reinstall of KSP is very common when troubleshooting mod issues. You always want a backup folder of all your mods as well as a full un modified copy of KSP just incase (most of us have multiple versions of mods and games)

But yes BDarmory is one of the top tier mods out there. If there is an issue it's most likely due to a very small issue with the directory it was installed into.

It just shows you loading a bunch of parts. There's nothing about starting different scenes, or the likely spam of errors you should get with the broken flight scene.

[WRN 22:43:55.728] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From EDITOR to FLIGHT (Async) =====================

etc.

And no I'm not installing linux on my desktop just to check this. I can try it remotely off my RPI if you have all year to wait while it loads.