Tinker Time - Self-Updating Curse.com Mod Manager for KSP

I am looking forward to using this, but have run into a problem...

I downloaded it (twice, once from KerbalStuff and once from Github) and then, when attempting to run the .jar file, I get the spinning mouse icon thing, then it goes back to normal and nothing happens. I have moved it out of the zip folder and put it in its own folder thinking that might be the problem, but it's not. The same thing happens: I double click the .jar file, get the spinning mouse loading thing for a second or two, then nothing happens. Before you ask, yes I have the latest version of java. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I am looking forward to using this, but have run into a problem...

I downloaded it (twice, once from KerbalStuff and once from Github) and then, when attempting to run the .jar file, I get the spinning mouse icon thing, then it goes back to normal and nothing happens. I have moved it out of the zip folder and put it in its own folder thinking that might be the problem, but it's not. The same thing happens: I double click the .jar file, get the spinning mouse loading thing for a second or two, then nothing happens. Before you ask, yes I have the latest version of java. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hey, sorry about that. That was likely due to a testing oversight with a clean TinkerTime installation. I've posted an update, so see if that fixes it!

The Configuration code is very fragile. I'm working on a major version update that should replace it, though!

Hey, sorry about that. That was likely due to a testing oversight with a clean TinkerTime installation. I've posted an update, so see if that fixes it!

The Configuration code is very fragile. I'm working on a major version update that should replace it, though!

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks!!

EDIT - It worked for about half an hour to an hour. I got most of the mods I follow on KerbalStuff onto Tinker Time with a couple problems along the way. At times, I would add the URL to a mod and (I'm guessing because it was a really large file to download for the mod) Tinker Time would freeze after downloading the mod for a short time, so I would open the task manager and end the process, then I would relaunch the .jar and it would open back up and download that last mod just fine. I had to do that about 4 times, which didn't really bother me because that's kinda to be expected with mods, but now the Tinker Time menu/UI/launcher thing won't appear when I launch the .jar. I'll launch the .jar, it'll run (because I launch the task manager and see the javaw.exe is running after launching it, but no menu shows up so I can't do anything. Again, any help would be appreciated!

EDIT 2 - Figured it out! Seems like Tinker Time doesn't play nice with the Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey mod from Kerbal Stuff (haven't tried it from the other sites if it's there). It works with all the mods up until I add the Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey mod.

Edited by TheDuffMan24

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey oharaandrew314!

Love your work with Tinker Time. I am having a enabling some mods though. I click enable, it shows download progress, then proceeds to turn back into an X without actually installing into my game folder. I would blame it on the folder but these are mods i know have worked in the past. Like BD Armory and Quiztech Aero. I've cleared out my game data folder just in case something was blocking them but no luck so far. Thanks man

• 3 months later...

hey, i had this working before and really liked it, but i had to uninstall KSP to fix something and now TinkerTime will not open. I double click the executable and the loading window with the TinkerTime logo and stuff on it comes up but then the window closes and nothing happens. I've reinstalled and re-downloaded TinkerTime and KSP multiple times and it just does the same thing. is there something I'm forgetting or what?

hey, i had this working before and really liked it, but i had to uninstall KSP to fix something and now TinkerTime will not open. I double click the executable and the loading window with the TinkerTime logo and stuff on it comes up but then the window closes and nothing happens. I've reinstalled and re-downloaded TinkerTime and KSP multiple times and it just does the same thing. is there something I'm forgetting or what?

repost so I can get notification of reply

Edited by Benjikerbal

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.