.24 Preview Vids are on Youtube

Sandworm

Gotta say that it's slightly unfair that a select few get access before the rest of us given that we all paid into the early access model. That said, "soon" still feels far away :(

A little, yes: on the other hand, they are doing it under a contract, that's why they are called the media team.

It's possible that Manley/The Mittani were given an exclusive lift on the embargo for the time being (certainly not unheard of), but I'm not holding my breath.

Still have a few things to wrap up in .23.5 anyway...

Yes, you can tell Manley and Mittani not to show parts. Hard to to with any randoms.

Well, I wouldn't call the rest of the media team "randoms," but yes, it's easier to control what's shown. Personally, I think that if this is actually an exclusive, it was done more to build hype. It may not be an exclusive, it may be an accidental early release. We don't know.

It does, but that seems a little subtle. What's the value if not at KSC? Is it worth burning more fuel to fly to KSC? What's the difference between "at KSC", "just outside KSC", and "half way across the planet?"

Some other video got 80%, the grassland between the mountains to the west and sea to east of KSP should be an recovery area too with say 90%

98% recovery might explain the high fuel cost too,

At work now, but nothing happening.

It's been eight hours since that vid appeared. Something is very wrong. Either...

(1) the embargo has not been lifted and Mr. Manley's got some splaining to do or;

(2) the other youtubers have grown frustrated with squad and are not releasing preview vids on Squad's terms/schedule (Kurtjmac has made comments in this area) or;

(3) Mr. Manley has been given some super-special permission to release vids ahead of everyone else ... see (2).

At work now, but nothing happening.

It's been eight hours since that vid appeared. Something is very wrong. Either

(1) the embargo has not been lifted and Mr. Manley's got some splaining to do or;

(2) the youtubers have grown frustrated with squad and is not releasing preview vids on Squad's terms (Kurtjmac has made comments in this area) or;

(3) Mr. Manley has been given some super-special permission to release vids ahead of everyone else ... see (2).

Not Manley, The Mittani. Scott just recorded the video, he wasn't responsible for publishing it early (if it was early).

So .24 is basically just adding the Mission Control mod to the game, right?. As it just looks like a fancy version of that.

You seem to be thinking that's a bad thing. This was always the plan for KSP, and Mission Control just added it earlier than it would have as a mod. Really I think 0.24 is going to be way better than Mission Control.

This video, "First Contract Playthrough" was released by SQUAD on the 11th:

was posted in This Official Announcement Thread, by Rowsdower (SQUAD).

I think the cat is out of the bag. It's more likely that not a lot of media outlets haven't got their first video ready to go, just yet.

Edited by EtherDragon

I think the cat is out of the bag. It's more likely that not a lot of media outlets haven't got their first video ready to go, just yet.

I feel this is the likely scenario. The Mittani pre-recorded the video and sat on it for an immediate release while everyone else is recording now. They got the scoop by being smart. All speculation until we know more, but I doubt they jumped the gun.

It's been eight hours since that vid appeared. Something is very wrong. Either...

(2) the other youtubers have grown frustrated with squad and are not releasing preview vids on Squad's terms/schedule (Kurtjmac has made comments in this area) or;

I'm thinking:

(1) You mean, TheMittani's got some 'splaining to do, because that's not Scott's channel.

(2) The media team members have contracts with Squad; they can either abide by their contracts or terminate the partnership. Which would result in losing access to the early builds. Obviously the fact that some youtubers terminated their partnership could explain why they do not have any material, but I would be extremly surprised if every last partner besides Scott Manley did so all at once, without a public statement. And even then, Squad probably has a long list of eager youtubers wishing to get in on that sweet early build swag that they can use to fill in the gaps.

(3) If he did, it would have appeared on his own channel at the same time. Even if he crossposts on TheMittani, this is not something he'd deny his own subscribers. I'm fairly sure it will show up on Scott's channel later-on, too, which will only be proof that he didn't do the content unlock at TheMittani himself. No, option 1 looks far more realistic, especially considering we're talking about a bunch of goons, which despite all their passionate community involvement don't usually have a very good track record of abiding by contracts to anyone or anything.

...Unless of course the NDA has officially dropped, in which case Scott really dropped the ball on managing his channel.

...Unless of course the NDA has officially dropped, in which case Scott really dropped the ball on managing his channel.

Really? It's been 1/4 of a day. Some people sleep. That vid came out at 2am my time and I think Scott is in the US too (not certain though).

Or...

(4) The .24 release is coming soon. *Very* soon. Like in the next 24 hours.

Let's keep those random speculations coming. (Because I've got nothing better to do)

Hey, it is "modding Monday", and this is a pretty big modification to the game... :rolleyes:

I hope it's much much much much sooner rather than later. Would love to help test the crap out of it.

Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of pre-release anticipation in this forum.

harold-ramis-w-twinkie.jpg

Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of pre-release anticipation in this forum.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/harold-ramis-w-twinkie.jpg

Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

That's a big Twinkie.

That, plus 64 bits, which means *all the mods ever* since it removes the RAM cap for the process (well, increases it to 64GB).

Theoretically, it's more like 16 exabytes. The number of potential memory addresses doubles with each additional bit. 2^64 instead of 2^32. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit#Limitations_of_practical_processors

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/harold-ramis-w-twinkie.jpg

"That's a big Twinky."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.