[0.24.2] DebRefund v1.0.13

Vendan

as much as I hate to say it, guys, this mod is working for me in both 32-bit and 64-bit. Any chance I could get some logs?

Any idea where logs go in the latest version? KSP doesn't seem to create crash directories any more :(

The mod isn't working like i'd expect: I have 3 Mk16 chutes on 4 depleted RT10 'garbagecan' boosters.

Total weight of: (0.5*4)=2T

Drag of: 1500 (deployed)

ratio 600<, comes up 'red: nothing survived'.

aNLZgFj.png

Chutes deployed in detached stage, and were witnessed in their 'deployed but closed' state before going out of sight.

Also the message is coming up twice for each dropped part.

Edited by kahlzun

The mod isn't working like i'd expect: I have 3 Mk16 chutes on 4 depleted RT10 'garbagecan' boosters.

Total weight of: (0.5*4)=2T

Drag of: 1500 (deployed)

ratio 600<, comes up 'red: nothing survived'.

http://i.imgur.com/aNLZgFj.png

Chutes deployed in detached stage, and were witnessed in their 'deployed but closed' state before going out of sight.

Also the message is coming up twice for each dropped part.

That's odd that it's coming up twice, but the mass of that part is about 2.3

2.3*70 is 161 drag needed for minimum

Chutes are fullyDeployedDrag * mass(don't ask me, that's how ksp does it)

You have 3 MK16's at 500 deployed drag * 0.1 mass, so 50 drag each, adding up to 150 drag total. I am planning on an in editor "need more chutes" type thing so this stuff is more obvious

Also, those logfiles, one looks like a 64-bit build and is having lots of null exceptions in places that shouldn't have null exceptions inside of KSP code, I'll look into that, but expect that the 64-bit KSP still needs some work. The other is yielding craptons of errors from KSPAchievements, you might want to throw that over to them.

If the 64-bit log file you are referring to is mine... I am not using the 64-bit version. I assume you were referring to mine since I am not and never have used KSPAchievements. The only other mod I am using is MechJeb. Not sure if there could be some sort of conflict there...

EDIT: How odd. I just removed Mechjeb and tried it, still the same problem. So basically there should be no reason for this to work differently from anybody else... yet the problem remains. Now I am totally confused, lol.

Edited by Murmur

Completely fresh install, with this being the only mod used, and it still has that same problem. My will is broken! I surrender!

It doesn't work with me either.

Does this mod require something else to function? Is it incompatible with Mechjeb? That's the only explaination I have for it not working.

Here is my description:

I grab the dll and put it into my gamedata folder and start up KSP. I attach parachutes to all my staged parts and launch using ascent guidance. I stage, see the chutes deploy and continue flying. I make it to orbit but haven't seen ONE notice stating my stages landed or crashed into the ground.

I've tried this mod in career AND sandbox, still doesn't work.

Please help. I'd LOVE to be able to use this mod, it's exactly what I am looking for.

Edited by TeeGee

This may be beyond the purview of this mod but it's related to debris recovery and it's something I've been looking for for a while (and now has functional purpose given the new funds/contacts system) and haven't been able to find.

Would it be at all possible to add a button to the Tracking Centre view to recover all debris currently landed/splashed on kerbin without having to go through the whole list one by one?

Honestly, the drag calculations seem to be a bit overly harsh, having to add far too many parachutes to get to green.

Yes! I have the same problem. I had to put 15 parachute on the orange tank to get it green. Too much parachute.

Also the latest version give me a bug where I can`t load a spacecraft that already in orbit. The altitude meter goes to 0000000m, the speed meter disperse and the spacecraft not visible at all.

(it do the same in 32 and 64bit)

Please fix the bug and I want to request to make it so less parachute needed. Thanks

Edit: By the way I use Kethane and KAS if that help.

Edited by greg12

Honestly, the drag calculations seem to be a bit overly harsh, having to add far too many parachutes to get to green.

Not only are they harsh, they are also completely off.

Tested it earlier:

1x Decoupler

1x FL-T200

1x FL-T400

1x LV-T30

3x Mk2-R Radial Mount Parachute

If you watch it, it sails down at 4m/s with fully deployed chutes and lands fully intact, but if you don't watch it DebRefund tells you it crashed and couldn't be recovered.

Something seems off with the drag-calculations...

EDIT:

Another test...

M9DqX3S.png

Yeah, pretty sure this isn't working properly...

Are you taking into account that empty fueltanks/boosters weigh only about 10-15% of their initial mass?

Minus the chutes, that thing that 6 chutes supposedly couldn't keep from crashing wieghs only 1.625t, at that being not even twice as heavy as the six chutes attached to it..........

Edited by Sesambrot

I am also having problems with recovering craft and not being able to do anything at KSC, here is my output_log:

Oh good, I'm not the only one with this problem. I just spent about 4 hours trouble shooting KSP and trying to find out which mod was making my game do this. Finally isolated it to this one. It was causing all sorts of errors with switching to craft, making the KSC unusable, and making me get stuck at screens and unable to back out. Got rid of the mod and all my problems resolved. Not sure what the deal is but it's a huge one! This was on 64-bit KSP (and 32 bit because I tried both to see if the bug was related to version instead of mods).

Some of the issues present are probably due to referencing the partRef of the ProtoPartSnapshot. I've found in the past that the partRef is null when not in the flight scene, which will have disastrous effects if it's referenced (because KSP fails very spectacularly for simple issues). Half the time you're referencing the partRef to get the partInfo, but the ProtoPartSnapshot has the same access to partInfo (in fact, half the time you're referencing the partInfo directly from the ProtoPartSnapshot). Additionally, are you assuming that the partInfo.cost is the dry cost? Cause that's actually the full cost. If you pass the ProtoPartSnapshot through the ShipConstruction.GetPartCosts() function you can get the dry cost and the cost of any resources contained.

I just briefly browsed the source to see if you had added anything for KCT yet, since I don't know what function you need me to add (more specifically, if the damage value should be an int, float, or double), but it doesn't look like you have yet.

Some of the issues present are probably due to referencing the partRef of the ProtoPartSnapshot. I've found in the past that the partRef is null when not in the flight scene, which will have disastrous effects if it's referenced (because KSP fails very spectacularly for simple issues). Half the time you're referencing the partRef to get the partInfo, but the ProtoPartSnapshot has the same access to partInfo (in fact, half the time you're referencing the partInfo directly from the ProtoPartSnapshot). Additionally, are you assuming that the partInfo.cost is the dry cost? Cause that's actually the full cost. If you pass the ProtoPartSnapshot through the ShipConstruction.GetPartCosts() function you can get the dry cost and the cost of any resources contained.

I just briefly browsed the source to see if you had added anything for KCT yet, since I don't know what function you need me to add (more specifically, if the damage value should be an int, float, or double), but it doesn't look like you have yet.

Kinda crazy that I haven't been able to reproduce any of that, but thanks for the advice! I've fixed those, reuploading it now. Right now, I'm just assuming the damage is essentially a float, that's applied across all the parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.