[1.1.2] Rovers & Roadsters v0.7.2

AlphaAsh

Okay, check this:

in the Wheels directory, the two folders that are modified are roverWheelM1, and roverWheelTR-2L

contents of roverWheelM1:

model.mu

model000.mbm

roverWheelM1.cfg

kapdunbuggy.cfg

Contents of roverWheelTR-2L:

kappart2.cfg

kappart3.cfg

kappart4.cfg

kappart5.cfg

model.mu

model000.mbm

model001.mbm

moddel002.mbm

moddel003.mbm

roverWheelTR-2L.cfg

If all of these files are in. Then make sure you're checking the right place (they're in the Control category, not Utilities)

That's weird. I only have the .cfgs ....I wonder how the rest of that got deleted. I tried re extracting from the rar and it's still missing everything but the configs. I'll redownload. Thanks for clarifying

The rest (*.mu and *.mbm) are from squad; if they're deleted you need to get them from Squad again, not from AlphaAsh.

And AlphaAsh, here's some good news:

FOKNQKB.png

The tires on that car are the tires I've promised you; I can't do much internet stuffs until the 10th (limited internet right now) but, just wanted to show what I've done :)

Hope you like it AlphaAsh!!

Disclaimer: All parts shown are from AlphaAsh's mod Rover and Roadsters v0.3 and my upcoming mod (one part right now, the wheels) which is planned to extend this mod.

I am very conflicted on this mod.

On the one hand, I don't like the way the parts look but on the other, I like the idea behind the styling.

I sincerely don't mean this to insult, but it seems like you have a really good idea on what you want, but the modelling just falls slightly short?

Of course, you're doing far better than me seeing as I don't know how to model in the first place. Good luck with the mod, dude!

Well, tomorrow I'll probably be getting ready to release the wheels out for you AlphaAsh if you want to use them. I have some other car parts as well. Hopefully I'll be able to release more pretty pictures today :) Where do you prefer to get them from, DropBox or Github?

Well, tomorrow I'll probably be getting ready to release the wheels out for you AlphaAsh if you want to use them. I have some other car parts as well. Hopefully I'll be able to release more pretty pictures today :) Where do you prefer to get them from, DropBox or Github?

Either is fine chap. I use both.

Awesome; I'm getting some new parts out today (not uploaded due to internet :( ) I hope to get most if not all of my parts exported and done today, and leave the texturing for later. You can see the parts and their sucky textures over at my thread. They are 100% compatible with your parts (prove is the first picture in the album (last one taken))

The rest (*.mu and *.mbm) are from squad; if they're deleted you need to get them from Squad again, not from AlphaAsh.

Just caught this reply. This makes sense, but woudl it be possible to just place the added wheels under the kerbkash folder and add a copy of .mu and .mbm yourself? Apparently I deleted them when attempting to delete the parts to upgrade. This makes things a little unintuitive when you're trying to update the parts. It's best to keep squad parts and modded parts separate. If I am missing something, how would I normally get the .mu and .mbm from the squad folder? do I just borrow them from the other wheel part folders?

Just caught this reply. This makes sense, but woudl it be possible to just place the added wheels under the kerbkash folder and add a copy of .mu and .mbm yourself? Apparently I deleted them when attempting to delete the parts to upgrade. This makes things a little unintuitive when you're trying to update the parts. It's best to keep squad parts and modded parts separate. If I am missing something, how would I normally get the .mu and .mbm from the squad folder? do I just borrow them from the other wheel part folders?

No you do not. The other wheel part folders only have those wheels. If you got KSP in a Zip file, then unzip it and replace; if you had an installer, then I would suggest you to backup all your saves and screenshots and mods, reinstall, then reinstall all the saves/screens/mods. If you deleted the zip/installer as soon as you're done with it...well, gotta re-download!

Hopefully AlphaAsh's mod will be updated a little after the 10th; I've made wheels for him so he could use. My wheels for him would prevent you (or anyone) from needing to edit squads folders and potentially accidentally messing up.

But, good thing to note on any case: If you're editing things, back up the original! Always! Unless you don't mind going thru a headache of reinstalling :P

(oh, and if you use Steam to get KSP, then I have no Idea how to help, I bought mine from KSP where I need to download the actual stuff from their site, there should be a reinstall function on Steam methinks...)

No you do not. The other wheel part folders only have those wheels. If you got KSP in a Zip file, then unzip it and replace; if you had an installer, then I would suggest you to backup all your saves and screenshots and mods, reinstall, then reinstall all the saves/screens/mods. If you deleted the zip/installer as soon as you're done with it...well, gotta re-download!

Hopefully AlphaAsh's mod will be updated a little after the 10th; I've made wheels for him so he could use. My wheels for him would prevent you (or anyone) from needing to edit squads folders and potentially accidentally messing up.

But, good thing to note on any case: If you're editing things, back up the original! Always! Unless you don't mind going thru a headache of reinstalling :P

(oh, and if you use Steam to get KSP, then I have no Idea how to help, I bought mine from KSP where I need to download the actual stuff from their site, there should be a reinstall function on Steam methinks...)

I have backups of everything and still have every save back to .21. I don't use steam so no worries there, I specifically bought off the ksp website so I wouldn't know how many hours I sunk into this game. I didn't know that the rover wheels override the stock wheels from squad. I'm glad to hear new wheels and models will be happening and I'll just wait for the next update for the new models. I won't have time to play during the week anyways.

Thanks for the swift response!

ahh yeah, I got nothing to replace the dune buggy wheels...but...what do you use them for anyhow?! xD

EDIT:

Just released my mod; AlphaAsh, the first wheel (carWheel1.cfg) is compatible with your frames (well, more compatible than carWheel2, which is almost half the size xD)

Edited by Night Lone

• 4 weeks later...
For me instead of Khorsepower, I get electric charge. Help?

Did you install the placeholder wheels? Are you using the placeholder wheels? The khorsepowered wheels will be under the control parts tab, not the utilities parts tab.

Did you install the placeholder wheels? Are you using the placeholder wheels? The khorsepowered wheels will be under the control parts tab, not the utilities parts tab.

With placeholder wheels you mean the stuff in the squad folder, right?

With placeholder wheels you mean the stuff in the squad folder, right?

Yep, that'd be the stuff.

EDIT - Also I may have misunderstood you. If you mean 'how do I generate khorsepower?', right click on a pod and switch the engine on. There's also a radial engine you can use the same way. Khorsepower generators convert petrol and intake air in to khorsepower, which is needed for khorsepowered wheels.

Edited by AlphaAsh

• 3 weeks later...

I put the engine on and the wheels and the parts. etc looks just like the one in the pictures. but the car just goes 20 m/s. just slow. is it suppose to be like that. or am i doing something wrong, because i was expecting sports cars and going fast.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.