[PLUGIN, PART, KSP 0.14+, REL 0.91] Position/Navigation Lights

RPGprayer

First things first: Thank you for this AddOn PRGprayer, I found it to have so much potential I reworked it for me, killed some bugs, etc.

Overall I used MonoDevelop to work with your Sourcefile and deleted 2 of the 3 Interval modes (unnecessary complexity in my opinion), so now it just has OFF, 1sec INT and ON.

Also, I fixed your 'epileptic'-flickering-Bug by converting the Interval value from 'integer' to 'float'.

Then I reworked the textures of the white Navlights and put in 2 new versions: A white Strobelight (very bright, 0.4 sec INT) and a red Beaconlight (brighter than the red Navlight, 0.8sec INT). I made a darker texture for the outer case of the Strobes and Beacons too, so they can be easily identified.

After some balancing tests I found it looks way better to set the intensity to 0.5 on the Navlights and leave it high for the Strobes and Beacons, moreover, beacause I realised they are too big, I rescaled all lights to half their size.

Last thing I did was cleaning up the code and .cfg Files, renaming the whole thing to 'AviationLights' and packing it up.

NOW I ASK YOU: Do I have your permission to upload this directly (I put 'RPGprayer/BigNose' in all author/manufacturer parts of the 'Part.cfg's), or should I just send it to you first so you can have another look at it?

If not, I'm fine with that, then I'll just use them on my own, your choice.

thats assuming he's even still alive, I have my doubts....

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

AAAAaaand it's done. Own thread with my version is up. Sorry RPGplayer, but credit is given to you in every possible way.

Sure, no problem, as long as you fix the spelling ;P Hope to see some updates as well.

Edited by RPGprayer

BigNose, RPGprayer, a [thread=16814]rule on licensing plugins[/thread] is becoming effective. Please choose a license you feel appropriate for your works, update your opening posts, and include license information into .cs files.

BigNose, RPGprayer, a [thread=16814]rule on licensing plugins[/thread] is becoming effective. Please choose a license you feel appropriate for your works, update your opening posts, and include license information into .cs files.

Made my first try on a license... Tell me what you think! :P

Added it to the soucecode and the opening post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.