[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Salyut Stations (Salyut/Almaz) - 8-26-21

raidernick

With the rescale it will no longer be compatible with denny's or bobcat's proton with rescaling them and completely redoing the salyut fairings by denny as they are the wrong shape to fit the station.

Denny's fairings are for Almaz stations, actually. They're a fair bit shorter than Salyut, no wonder they don't fit.

Updated V0.45

-Rescaled stations to proper scale for soyuz in preparation for next big update

WARNING: This is not compatible with previous versions! Completely delete old version before installing this.

-Fixed salyut engines effects and fuel amounts

-Removed kosmos docking port dependency, Salyut1/4 has a built in port and Salyut 6 has its own separate port

-Removed module manager dependency, delete kosmos MM config

-updated craft files

This version is made in preparation for next big release. It contains proper scaled stations to fit the soyuz/iss community packs scale. This means it will no longer fit in the oldd/bobcat fairings(ironically). You will need to use custom fairings like procedural fairings until a solution can be found. Please delete previous installations of this mod entirely before upgrading to new version, this includes craft files and in progress flights.

Edited by raidernick

Any plans to rebalanced prices for career mode? At present, both the orbital and descent modules for the Soyuz cost more than twice that of a regular pod, and the service module is even more expensive. The rocket parts are also very expensive...although they all cost the same. And the Salyut stations...they're 200,000 each. Quite spendy.

I don't really like or play career mode tbh. All of the prices and tech requirements are just randomly thrown in there to make the parts work properly. It's likely the tech requirements for parts of the same craft don't match up or unlock at the same time which is a problem. I have never actually tested it in career mode since I don't play it. However if somebody wants to go through all of my mods and set proper prices and tech requirements I will gladly incorporate them.

Edited by raidernick

Updated V0.51

-consolidated textures, reduced overall file size and RAM usage

-removed realchute dependency, soyuz now has its own chute

You MUST delete the old version entirely before installing this as the directory structure is completely different!

Edited by raidernick

I'm still getting nullrefs from the Soyuz craft files. With them present, I cannot load any craft files at all in the VAB except subassemblies. Once I delete them and reload KSP, everything behaves normally again.

Also, I'm seeing strange behaviour from the Salyut stations and Skylab. In the editor and during launch, they are the correct size. But once I switch away to the Space Centre then back to the station in orbit, the stations have noticeably increased in size. It's as if the rescale factor has suddenly incremented on its own during reload. Solar panels and docking ports are now deeply embedded in the station's hull. I made certain to delete the old version before installing the new, even triple checking that I had as I tried to sort out the Soyuz problem.

Update V0.52.5

-Fixed rescaling bug and craft files. COMPLETELY DELETE OLD BUGGED VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THIS INCLUDING CRAFT FILES!

Want to apologize to everyone for the previous version causing massive problems with your game. I only tested it in the VAB, not in the actual game so I didn't know it was messed up.

Edited by raidernick

• 4 weeks later...

The skylab TRS is symmetrical on all sides, the astp adapter is not. The only good quality pictures of it are of the museum piece which only show it from one angle. I need good reference to even attempt making something as I don't want it to be sub par quality.

The skylab TRS is symmetrical on all sides, the astp adapter is not. The only good quality pictures of it are of the museum piece which only show it from one angle. I need good reference to even attempt making something as I don't want it to be sub par quality.

So if i do the research you would consider it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.