Have you gotten anyone to get KSP?

FishInferno

I managed to convince one of the two people I've had try it to buy it, but he's not really that into it. I bought an extra copy on steam for when I finally find someone who enjoys it even slightly as much as me.

I convinced two of mine to get by going on about it for 9 months when they both came to stay over at my birthday they got a chance to play one of the two got it the day after at 0.23.0 in fact he still plays 0.23.0 and he's got 0.23.5 but he prefer 23 for some reasons. The others dad wouldn't let him get it in till I let my friend have 0.13.3 to play at home as its a free version his dad saw it and told him he could get it if he payed for it. He cant seem to raise £17.

I have two good friends I talk to at least weekly, and both play KSP because I introduced them to it. However, it was not exactly an arm-twisting endeavor. One of them got visibly excited as I described the game, and the third bought it on his own a few weeks later when the two of us refused to stop talking about it :D

I told one friend about it and he bought it and enjoyed it a lot for a week. He likes it a lot but prefers multiplayer games so he stopped playing it a bit after he bought it, cough space engineers cough. My other friend, who was an avid Orbiter fanatic, I kept telling him about it but he thought KSP was a kids game. That was until I bought it for him and now he plays KSP non-stop lol He's almost as bad as me as far as time spent with KSP.

I showed the game to two of my friends, one tried, the other just looked at it and dismissed. The one that tried only played for half an hour before giving up. Said it's too hard, don't like how the game is, doesn't really want to learn to play a game. Pity really. I love the game and still play it regularly since 0.8, but I guess KSP is not for everyone.

Hi,

That's the problem - some think that it is 'just a game' and there is only one way to play it ! There a many different ways to play KSP and I think that would be a good marketing tool; I didnt exactly convince anyone I know of yet but in my streams I have viewers ask about it and I tell them about the different ways to play it; like mech warriors idea (which I am planning to incorprate in my current roleplay stream); making it a turn based active roleplay; I saw one streamer doing this although he didnt turn-base it; I was like wow yet another way to play KSP !

I think I may have had one viewer planning to get it so far; especially since I 'highly' recommend the game; not over other games though; just as it stands; and the fact that people can add MODS to it; lol I could rant !

Cmdr Zeta

My friends, they're awesome. But they're also lame :( Best I've gotten is an only slightly forced patient ear to my ramblings about KSP. I haven't even convinced them to try the demo, which is why I'm here on the forums; I can converse with people who share my passion for KSP :)

My friends, they're awesome. But they're also lame :( Best I've gotten is an only slightly forced patient ear to my ramblings about KSP. I haven't even convinced them to try the demo, which is why I'm here on the forums; I can converse with people who share my passion for KSP :)

This. Exactly this. I've tried but it's hard to get people who are not naturally interested in both space and games to want to play. I did buy a KSP shirt from the store but it was too small. So my girlfriend wears it instead :). Who knows? Maybe someone has seen it and decided to look it up.

Occasionally (read: every 5 minutes) post screenshots of my save on facebook - got one friend interested and another actually came round to watch me play and give him lessons on the game - should do evening courses and make money!! Last I heard he downloaded the demo but I have sent him a save for a challenge - not heard back from him since o.0 not sure if thats a good thing or not lol

I've showed KSP to a couple of friends but it didn't take. The cerebral, delayed gratification nature of KSP was not as immediately rewarding as the FPSs they mostly play. That and the learning curve is pretty steep (though in fairness, the tutorial system wasn't as fleshed out then as it is now).

I need better friends.

I told some people about it, but don't advertise it too much besides making it clear that I like it and play it. I'm worried, and apparently rightfully so, that it just wouldn't catch on if I forced them to try it, and then I'd just look like an ass.

I was interested in KSP as soon as I heard about it. I figure that's what it takes for someone else to truly enjoy it.

i made a couple of friends to try it, but they only played it for a couple of days

other friends like what i post in facebook but they think its too dificult and dont want to get involved in a game that requires time to learn to be capable to play it

• 4 months later...

I bought it for my 13yo nephew because he has a natural talent for engineering - when he was a little kid he would build elaborate Thomas the Tank Engine layouts that covered nearly their entire house. When I got him Minecraft, he had set up his own server by the age of 11 with tons of amazing features.

As I expected, he is completely hooked on KSP and learning fast, he's already teaching me things about the game I didn't know.

I got it for him on sort of a whim on Steam, and I'm really glad I did.

I have one friend whose uncle calls him a noob for not being able to land on the Mun, so I taught him a thing or two about the game. Now he say's that when he get's his own PC (he currently uses the family one) he'll get it for himself.

I have another friend who is really into the game, but doesn't like doing the long interplanetary missions and just messes around in the Kerbin system, which is fine, as long as he finds it fun. He plans on getting it asap.

I have another who gets bored of something if it doesn't reward him every 30 seconds. I show him my KSP career save, turn around and he's turning on my xbox.

I bought it for my nephew for christmas this year :)

Not sure if I have anyone I can say I got to get it though, I have recommended it to a few people over the year+ I been playing but I haven't asked if they did anything other than check it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.